Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (1.0.0) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 169739 times)

YOU886

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Progressive S-Mods (0.10.2) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2023, 03:48:58 AM »

Where did the xp of the sunken ship go? Where to transfer XP?

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2023, 12:12:11 PM »

Where did the xp of the sunken ship go? Where to transfer XP?
It goes into a pool that any similar ship can pull from. Check when you are building in mods with one of those ships.

Zuthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2023, 11:37:21 AM »

Could we please have a settings option to revert the "show recent" button to be "show all" again? I always found that useful for build in S-mods on ships without having to go into the build screen and shuffle things around.

dor99alon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2023, 09:18:42 PM »

Could we please have a settings option to revert the "show recent" button to be "show all" again? I always found that useful for build in S-mods on ships without having to go into the build screen and shuffle things around.
+1 for that request.

CrusadeX

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey looks like a great idea for a mod, I added it before the start of my current playthrough, I see the xp icon in the ship refit screen and I see xp is gained.
however I failed to see how I get to the menu of adding the built-in mods? or add more to capacity? I went over the 1st page but failed to find anything about that.
I also don't see this mod setting section in the main menu of the game.. please help

CrusadeX

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey looks like a great idea for a mod, I added it before the start of my current playthrough, I see the xp icon in the ship refit screen and I see xp is gained.
however I failed to see how I get to the menu of adding the built-in mods? or add more to capacity? I went over the 1st page but failed to find anything about that.
I also don't see this mod setting section in the main menu of the game.. please help
ok found it, I don't how I missed it in the menu so far in the game.. this is embarrassing..

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2024, 12:26:30 PM »

Show All > Show Recent

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2024, 10:11:33 PM »

Trying to understand the math of bonus ship XP to the fleet after a battle.

Is the "each ship in the fleet earned an extra x amount of XP" impacted by how many ships are in the fleet?

Say 2 scenarios:
1)  A flagship that did all the fighting as the only ship deployed, plus 10 logistical ships held in reserve
2)  A flagship that did all the fighting as the only ship deployed, plus 10 logistical ships held in reserve, plus 5 more mothballed ships being dragged around.

Does scenario 2 with the 5 extra ships mean all ships earn a smaller share because it is split more ways?  Or is the calculation more basic, like total actual battle XP was Z, each ship in the fleet gets a flat 5% of Z, whether there is 1 ship in the fleet or 1000.

Azina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2024, 09:41:05 AM »

Just wanted to ask if there is any idea on when this mod will be updated. This is by far my most favourite mod as it adds a deeper level of ship building and gives more heart ache if you lose a ship you've build from the ground up.

I understand IRL comes first so just curious

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2024, 11:02:08 AM »

Just wanted to ask if there is any idea on when this mod will be updated. This is by far my most favourite mod as it adds a deeper level of ship building and gives more heart ache if you lose a ship you've build from the ground up.

For what it's worth. You just need to edit the mod_info.json file in the pack to make it work on .97. Runs just fine.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2024, 12:58:40 PM »

For what it's worth. You just need to edit the mod_info.json file in the pack to make it work on .97. Runs just fine.

Oh good to know!  I was thinking of maybe trying this one on my first 0.97 play through but I noticed that Float hadn't logged in for a few months and was wondering if they were still working on it.

Rambo615

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2024, 09:37:53 PM »

I hate this mod, wish i had never installed it, and you cannot remove it from a save without blowing it up.  I even tried editing the values to lower the xp needed but it has no affect apparently, (maybe you need a new start first?). It takes far too much xp to add s mods.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2024, 10:42:47 PM »

Great mod. Little OP. Fun to use though and it make sense. If anything I almost want a version that takes even more xp for some of the later mods as I have some ships that can do incredible things thanks to having 8+ built in mods. It makes me feel bad with how overpowered some of my ships are becoming. It would be even worse if I had more story points as I could easily have every ship in my fleet up to 6+ mods with how things works. Truly if you can't make a massively overpowered fleet of ships with this mods you should reevaluate how you mod ships and how you play the game because this mod is not holding you back in anyway and it is simply your own skill that is lacking not this mod.

Can confirm to anyone that is wondering changing version numbers to .97 works perfectly.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2024, 10:54:23 PM »

Great mod. Little OP. Fun to use though and it make sense. If anything I almost want a version that takes even more xp for some of the later mods as I have some ships that can do incredible things thanks to having 8+ built in mods. It makes me feel bad with how overpowered some of my ships are becoming. It would be even worse if I had more story points as I could easily have every ship in my fleet up to 6+ mods with how things works. Truly if you can't make a massively overpowered fleet of ships with this mods you should reevaluate how you mod ships and how you play the game because this mod is not holding you back in anyway and it is simply your own skill that is lacking not this mod.

Can confirm to anyone that is wondering changing version numbers to .97 works perfectly.

Do NPC ships have the possibility of having lots of S-Mods too?  I definitely would only want to use this mod if my opponents can also make use of the mod's features.

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Do NPC ships have the possibility of having lots of S-Mods too?  I definitely would only want to use this mod if my opponents can also make use of the mod's features.

I play with quite a few mods, but I'd say I don't believe so.  First reason being, the most s-mods I've seen on NPC ships is like 3, which is in line with what an NPC commander could obtain if they had the Best of the Best skill.  Second reason being, I use Nex/IndEvo, and when I throw my own ships into special fleets / detachments to tag along with me, and they participate in battles, they do not accrue ship XP.  So I don't think anyone besides the player accrues ship XP to use to create uber-ships with 4+ s-mods.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22