Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (1.0.0) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 169668 times)

Radicaljack

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

i may be very dumb but how do you access settings for this mod, not showing up in lunalib or anywhere else i thought to look

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

i may be very dumb but how do you access settings for this mod, not showing up in lunalib or anywhere else i thought to look
Sounds like you want progsmod_settings.json, in the mod's main folder where the mod_info.json and .version file are.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile

3. Show all button was removed mainly because if you have a lot of mods running, you could have something like 200 known hullmods, and "show all" would perform very poorly. Plus you'd still have to actually search through the list of 200 items (granted, it was sorted) to find the hull mod you were looking for. I don't intend to add it back. Keep in mind that the recent built-in list persists in your save file and is basically an LRU cache, so unless you're constantly building in more than 10 unique hull mods (I know I don't!), you shouldn't have to flip between the two screens very often.

As taxing as searching for a mod in such a list was, I still would have prefered to keep the "Show All" button. Some of the secondary modules in some mods (Star Federation for exemple) can not be selected on the refit menu, meaning that the only way to enhance them was to use the "Show All" button. Now you need to do some Mumbo jumbo jungling for the same result.

Zanano

• Ensign
  • personal text
    • View Profile

CTD on clicking Show Recent. Cannot find any clear cause.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 06:34:17 PM by Zanano »
buh. idk man

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report. The issue is due to a modded ship having an unapplicable hull mod with a null reason string (i.e. returning null in getUnapplicableReason). Applied a tentative fix in dev that will probably work, but I don't know any ships that do this. What ship were you using exactly?

Zanano

• Ensign
  • personal text
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report. The issue is due to a modded ship having an unapplicable hull mod with a null reason string (i.e. returning null in getUnapplicableReason). Applied a tentative fix in dev that will probably work, but I don't know any ships that do this. What ship were you using exactly?

UNSC Mod - Paris E Class Heavy Custom Frigate
UAF Mod - I think the Shinoria E Surgical Cruiser
buh. idk man

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

UNSC Mod - Paris E Class Heavy Custom Frigate
UAF Mod - I think the Shinoria E Surgical Cruiser

I was unable to replicate your bug, but I just added a null check which should solve things.

Full changelist:
- Made recent built-in list size a setting, default size 10 -> 20
- Recent built-in list is now sorted alphabetically
- Fix NPE on hull mods with null unapplicableReason
- Fix no_build_in being disregarded regardless of setting

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for keeping the mod updated.

It seems that the new Dragonfire DEM missiles do not award xp for offensive actions. My missile ship that only did damage with Dragonfire missiles did not get any offensive xp across multiple battles.

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for keeping the mod updated.

It seems that the new Dragonfire DEM missiles do not award xp for offensive actions. My missile ship that only did damage with Dragonfire missiles did not get any offensive xp across multiple battles.

Thanks for the report! I've fixed this in dev. The change will also mean that XP is awarded for damage dealt by any drone, as long as that drone has the DRONE_MOTHERSHIP AI hint set properly.

Darenkel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

For those of us doing a lot of mining with Nexelerin, could we have the option to gain ship XP from mining actions in a similar way to combat? Their XP gained could be based on their contribution to the mining action and the XP pool could be based on the character XP gained (like 5-10% of that value) from the mining action.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile

This mod does not respect hullmods with the 'no_built_in' tag and allows u to build them in

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

For those of us doing a lot of mining with Nexelerin, could we have the option to gain ship XP from mining actions in a similar way to combat? Their XP gained could be based on their contribution to the mining action and the XP pool could be based on the character XP gained (like 5-10% of that value) from the mining action.

No plans to add this, sorry.

This mod does not respect hullmods with the 'no_built_in' tag and allows u to build them in

This should be fixed in the latest update (0.10.1), at least according to my testing. If not, it's likely to be some sort of inter-mod behavior and I'd need more info.

Fellout

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there any way to view the full hullmod list instead of only what's on the ship? The new system I've been finding incredibly irritating and want to return to the "show all" list.

Def16

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Possible interaction issue in 0.96 with Nexerelin, or may be working as intended, dunno.

There are bar patrons/NPC's that you can sell ships to.
"Story points will be refunded for any S-mods on the ship. If they were installed by the player."

In previous versions this worked with progressive S-mods, which was handy given the relative paucity of story points late game. Now there is no refund of story points whatsoever while this mod is turned on.

Hello!
Yeah, I expect the check added a few Nex versions ago for "did the player install this" (the same one vanilla uses, it checks the player 'history' that the bar historian gives you) doesn't work with Progressive S-Mods.

Well, arguably one shouldn't be able to get story points from PSM s-mods (not least because no story points were actually invested), so I'll leave things as they are!

I've since tested out using story points to expand the maximum number of S-mods on a ship and it still doesn't refund them even though a story point was used. Odd, but I suppose it's still not the player putting the s-mod on but rather the interface.
Are there any potential workarounds for this? Maybe refunding ship XP as though it was destroyed?

HazardousGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I may be dumb but I can't build in any s mods in my game. Mod is properly enabled and checking progsmod_settings verifies that it is not disabled in any way. Am I missing a dependency for the mod to work or is there some weird mod conflict at play?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22