Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 244497 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.11 - 02/03/24
« Reply #570 on: March 14, 2024, 05:08:17 AM »

Maybe a silly question, but I don't suppose you can play as the swarm?
Sort of. I do have directions to make them playable in the README file that is included in the Zip as well as under the spoiler tag labeled: The mod comes with several optional files that can be enabled before the start of a new game on this forum page's OP. I state the sort of because they are set up to be a NPC faction so if you make them playable then their faction alignment setting that make them hate and be hated by everyone blend with the "player" faction settings. So essentially when you make them playable it uses the Nexerelin player settings.

TLDR: If you enable the option to make them playable you will be on good standing with the Hivers however the faction itself will remain enemies with all other factions. As the player you will have some factions that are neutral to favorable as well as several enemies.

Ok that's what I thought. I'm not gonna play with them I just wanted to make sure that they're supposed to be the "scary" end game enemy faction type of deal.
Yes, they start off the same as the player but they are set to maximum aggression so within a cycle or two you will see them sending out invasion fleets. Whether they are early, mid or end game threats depends on how many faction mods you have installed.  The more enemies they have the slower their progression so a vanilla sector with just Hiver installed they will roll over the vanilla factions real soon.
(Sooo as in normal mode they're sort of like the AI ships you can't take them for yourself even if you beat them in combat right?)
I have the mod set to have their ships be recoverable however in that optional file I referenced earlier there is an option of make them unrecoverable.

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 14, 2024, 06:01:36 AM »

Maybe a silly question, but I don't suppose you can play as the swarm?
Sort of. I do have directions to make them playable in the README file that is included in the Zip as well as under the spoiler tag labeled: The mod comes with several optional files that can be enabled before the start of a new game on this forum page's OP. I state the sort of because they are set up to be a NPC faction so if you make them playable then their faction alignment setting that make them hate and be hated by everyone blend with the "player" faction settings. So essentially when you make them playable it uses the Nexerelin player settings.

TLDR: If you enable the option to make them playable you will be on good standing with the Hivers however the faction itself will remain enemies with all other factions. As the player you will have some factions that are neutral to favorable as well as several enemies.

Ok that's what I thought. I'm not gonna play with them I just wanted to make sure that they're supposed to be the "scary" end game enemy faction type of deal.
Yes, they start off the same as the player but they are set to maximum aggression so within a cycle or two you will see them sending out invasion fleets. Whether they are early, mid or end game threats depends on how many faction mods you have installed.  The more enemies they have the slower their progression so a vanilla sector with just Hiver installed they will roll over the vanilla factions real soon.
(Sooo as in normal mode they're sort of like the AI ships you can't take them for yourself even if you beat them in combat right?)
I have the mod set to have their ships be recoverable however in that optional file I referenced earlier there is an option of make them unrecoverable.

Ah ok, got it! Thanks for the clarification there.

ProdigyToby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 14, 2024, 10:06:32 AM »

To anyone also playing Nexerelin with this Faction enabled, have you guys ever seen another faction successfully defend an invasion from these guys?  I was confused as to why factions couldn't defend themselves until my colony got raided, they showed up with a good number of fleets and the vessels themselves are pretty strong on an individual basis, I cant see the AI really putting up much a fight to be honest.  Right now in my playthrough, literally every faction hates them and tries to raid their core systems all the time.  I started putting alot more HE weapons on my ships which helps, but unless Im mistaken, other factions don't adapt like that and just lose all the time.  I track which systems they invade and go to those systems and farm them, their weapons sell for a good amount so I'm not really complaining, but I feel like if left unchecked they would eventually just take out every other faction.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 10:09:35 AM by ProdigyToby »

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 14, 2024, 11:18:39 AM »

To anyone also playing Nexerelin with this Faction enabled, have you guys ever seen another faction successfully defend an invasion from these guys?  I was confused as to why factions couldn't defend themselves until my colony got raided, they showed up with a good number of fleets and the vessels themselves are pretty strong on an individual basis, I cant see the AI really putting up much a fight to be honest.  Right now in my playthrough, literally every faction hates them and tries to raid their core systems all the time.  I started putting alot more HE weapons on my ships which helps, but unless Im mistaken, other factions don't adapt like that and just lose all the time.  I track which systems they invade and go to those systems and farm them, their weapons sell for a good amount so I'm not really complaining, but I feel like if left unchecked they would eventually just take out every other faction.

I think San-Iris might be able to defend against them, so long as they don't try to go to their systems. They're all out defense focused. I can't image the UAF or Iron Shell losing to anyone, either. And then I guess PRV Starworks have pretty solid ships. Will try to update you on this one as I play on.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 14, 2024, 01:48:36 PM »

They are meant to be a threat that the player has to take a role in dealing with. Basically the more faction mods you have installed the slower their growth. I would personally recommend at the minimum of 4 faction mods to keep them occupied while you build up since, as you noticed, the vanilla factions are not equipped to deal with them. Bottom line is you can not ignore them as they are set to be more aggressive than norm and will take over w/out direct player intervention.

I have been told that UAF (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12709.0) and Legio Infernalis from Tahlan Shipworks (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14935.0) are also OP factions that can handle them. I would add The Xhan Empire (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17972.0) to that list as although they are more balanced, they are situated directly in the path of the Hiver invasion route and they have a very well defended system. Plus you may want to look at the ship packs like Diktat Enhancement (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22852.0) that buff up the vanilla factions. Lastly, on the forum OP I recommend ruthless sector as that puts Ordo fleets in hyperspace and they will intercept Hiver invasion fleets but that is a double edged sword as they will intercept you as well.

ProdigyToby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2024, 04:12:38 PM »

I do have a few modded factions, including the UAF.  Very rarely does UAF interact with other factions for some reason though, they just stay in their core worlds on the lower left of the map most of the time.  I have definitely seen Hiver and Iron Shell invade each other, and the Hivers have definitely successfully invaded Iron Shell colonies.  They completely wiped out Approlight's core system Augustin? I think its called in my playthrough, which is kind of hilarious, because that faction is super overpowered.

I'm not complaining, I do enjoy an actual looming threat like the Hivers, because otherwise the game is not too threatening if you follow some orthodox playstyles.  I just enjoy factions interacting with each other and such, but these guys just come in and clean house most of the time, unless I intervene with my specific anti-Hiver loadouts.  I wonder if taking out one or two of their colonies will slow them down.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2024, 04:58:47 PM »

I do have a few modded factions, including the UAF.  Very rarely does UAF interact with other factions for some reason though, they just stay in their core worlds on the lower left of the map most of the time.  I have definitely seen Hiver and Iron Shell invade each other, and the Hivers have definitely successfully invaded Iron Shell colonies.  They completely wiped out Approlight's core system Augustin? I think its called in my playthrough, which is kind of hilarious, because that faction is super overpowered.
Hello there thanks for checking in. I do not use UAF myself so I have no direct experience, it is just what I have read.
  I'm not complaining, I do enjoy an actual looming threat like the Hivers, because otherwise the game is not too threatening if you follow some orthodox playstyles.  I just enjoy factions interacting with each other and such, but these guys just come in and clean house most of the time, unless I intervene with my specific anti-Hiver loadouts. 
Hivers WILL dominate the system if the player does not intervene. This mod is not a oh I'll install it and eventually get around to it :) I made it because I felt the journey to the endgame was not much of an experience and I wanted a bigger threat to have to handle before eating the Doritos. They are designed to grow and can be handled by the player mid-game and then the player can move on to the end game. But if you ignore them then the snowball just gets bigger and harder to handle.
I wonder if taking out one or two of their colonies will slow them down.
I do have instructions on the front page of this forum on options you can do to make them easier, details are under the "The mod comes with several optional files that can be enabled before the start of a new game" spoiler tag. Also, I have seen tactics shared on reddit where players have snuck in their systems, raided their planets and stole the cores and/or forges and that really nerfs them. I am working on a CFT update atm but I'll add Hiver to next in line as see if I can add a weaker option for players that want to have clamed down Hivers.

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 17, 2024, 03:44:26 AM »

I'm not complaining, I do enjoy an actual looming threat like the Hivers, because otherwise the game is not too threatening if you follow some orthodox playstyles.  I just enjoy factions interacting with each other and such, but these guys just come in and clean house most of the time, unless I intervene with my specific anti-Hiver loadouts.  I wonder if taking out one or two of their colonies will slow them down.

The UAF doesn't interact much because they're flagged with 'pacifist', I think in Nex. Given their location, and the circumstances of their arrival, they don't have much interest in actually conquering the Sector.

Personally, I hear these stories of how dangerous they get, but I haven't usually seen the Hivers snowball at all... I have certainly seen them take some impressive colonies from time to time, but then they usually get stuck struggling to hold them due to the stability issues, and everyone raiding it. I might simply have too many faction mods though, so the Hivers just can't as easily get the ball rolling because they can't take out any major players.

OBRISON

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 17, 2024, 05:00:38 AM »

I made account just to say this.

Hivers got destroyed early on my save, I had very little interaction with core worlds early game (I started off core in my own faction). I was very confused and sad to suddenly find out they were gone because I read everywhere they are gonna overtake core worlds. Now I am protecting Imperium against massive TTSC empire in my core system.
Would be cool to see somekind of Hiver sleeper colonies so when they get destroyed they can re-attempt to cause mess in core systems.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 17, 2024, 06:36:42 AM »

I made account just to say this.
I am flattered, thank you for making the effort.
Hivers got destroyed early on my save, I had very little interaction with core worlds early game (I started off core in my own faction). I was very confused and sad to suddenly find out they were gone because I read everywhere they are gonna overtake core worlds.
I have to say I am a bit stumped because this is a first for me. With little information I can deduce you are playing a game with a faction you made that is located out of the core worlds as it's stating point. My guess is that you play a heavily modded game based on your mention of Imperium and TTSC. I am curious, would you be willing to share your enabled_mods.json list? If you are unsure of it's location, it can be found in starsector\mods. For reference here is mine:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel30",
  "apex_design",
  "lw_autosave",
  "BSC",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "ORK",
  "CFT",
  "CJHM",
  "combatactivators",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "Toaster_deciv",
  "diableavionics",
  "Diktat Enhancement",
  "dex",
  "edshipyard",
  "EmergentThreats_Vice",
  "EmergentThreats_IX_Revival",
  "FPE",
  "GrandColonies",
  "GMDA",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "HIVER",
  "aerialcombatsuit",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "JYD",
  "keruvim_shipyards",
  "lost_sector",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "LobsterCruiser",
  "luddenhance",
  "lunalib",
  "MagicLib",
  "Marvelous-Personas",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "MoreBarMissions",
  "MoreMilitaryMissions",
  "wisp_NeutrinoDetectorMkII",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "sun_nomadic_survival",
  "objects_analysis",
  "ObviousNeutron",
  "JYDR",
  "PirateMiniMegaMod",
  "portrait_changer",
  "progressiveSMods",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "assortment_of_things",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "SCY",
  "secretsofthefrontier",
  "SEEKER",
  "swp",
  "spacetruckin",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "StopGapMeasures3",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "supportships",
  "surveycorpssp",
  "presmattdamon_takenoprisoners",
  "exalted",
  "knights_of_ludd",
  "TTSC",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "vic",
  "vayrashippack",
  "TouchOfVanilla_vri",
  "whichmod",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "audio_plus",
  "prvagni",
  "prvextra",
  "prvlib",
  "prvPath",
  "prvrb",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]
Now I am protecting Imperium against massive TTSC empire in my core system.
Well I make TTSC as well and to hear they have a massive empire is another puzzle for me. They start with 3 stations and no planets and essentially act as a police force for Tri-Tac space. They will hunt down enemies of Tri-Tac and do have the ability to invade but "massive empire" elicits the idea that they own most of the sector. Roughly what percent of your sector is inhabited by TTSC?
Would be cool to see somekind of Hiver sleeper colonies so when they get destroyed they can re-attempt to cause mess in core systems.
Well there is an option for defeated factions to re-spawn when you start the game, check to see if that is turned on. But even then it would not be the same experience because I custom crafted their systems to maximize their economic output while also not being able to trade with anyone. That is why I do not recommend using this mod in RCW mode because it ignores all faction settings when it generates a sector.

I would like to help with your statements but at this stage I am left with more questions than potential answers. Some more clarity would help me better understand the root causes of your concerns.

OBRISON

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2024, 07:15:50 AM »

I have to say I am a bit stumped because this is a first for me. With little information I can deduce you are playing a game with a faction you made that is located out of the core worlds as it's stating point. My guess is that you play a heavily modded game based on your mention of Imperium and TTSC. I am curious, would you be willing to share your enabled_mods.json list? If you are unsure of it's location, it can be found in starsector\mods. For reference here is mine:
Looking at your list, my modlist is pretty small, lmao.
I have Legio disabled in config.
Spoiler
{
  "enabledMods": [
    "tahlan",
    "aod_vos",
    "DetailedCombatResults",
    "swp",
    "hte",
    "Imperium",
    "TTSC",
    "lunalib",
    "HMI",
    "QualityCaptains",
    "whichmod",
    "MagicLib",
    "HIVER",
    "Terraforming & Station Construction",
    "lw_lazylib",
    "sun_starship_legends",
    "Cryo_but_better",
    "aotd_vok",
    "MoreMilitaryMissions",
    "nexerelin",
    "shaderLib"
  ]
}
[close]

Well I make TTSC as well and to hear they have a massive empire is another puzzle for me. They start with 3 stations and no planets and essentially act as a police force for Tri-Tac space. They will hunt down enemies of Tri-Tac and do have the ability to invade but "massive empire" elicits the idea that they own most of the sector. Roughly what percent of your sector is inhabited by TTSC?
Its 5 factions remaining, TTSC owns roughly 90% of core worlds.
Imperium is turtled in their system which does get invaded in waves, I am managing to stop invasions, if I fail I take back the worlds and give them back to Imperium so TTSC doesnt start aiming for me. TTSC fleets are pretty weak (or I am simply stronger) so I am not sure what is going on.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 17, 2024, 07:30:16 AM »

Looking at your list, my modlist is pretty small, lmao.
I have Legio disabled in config.
Spoiler
{
  "enabledMods": [
    "tahlan",
    "aod_vos",
    "DetailedCombatResults",
    "swp",
    "hte",
    "Imperium",
    "TTSC",
    "lunalib",
    "HMI",
    "QualityCaptains",
    "whichmod",
    "MagicLib",
    "HIVER",
    "Terraforming & Station Construction",
    "lw_lazylib",
    "sun_starship_legends",
    "Cryo_but_better",
    "aotd_vok",
    "MoreMilitaryMissions",
    "nexerelin",
    "shaderLib"
  ]
}
[close]
The only variant between yours and mine that I see is AotD and that should have no effect on invasions. And with Legio disabled I am truly stumped how that happened with the mod list you shared.
Its 5 factions remaining, TTSC owns roughly 90% of core worlds.
Imperium is turtled in their system which does get invaded in waves, I am managing to stop invasions, if I fail I take back the worlds and give them back to Imperium so TTSC doesnt start aiming for me. TTSC fleets are pretty weak (or I am simply stronger) so I am not sure what is going on.
TTSC ships are a little stronger than Tri-Tac standard ships as they are the military arm of Tri-Tac but not THAT strong. Based on your mod list it looks like you have TTSC, tahlan, Imperium and HMI as your enabled faction mods and I use all of those myself. I recommend using at least four faction mods to tone down the Hivers and that fits the criteria so that should not be the issue.

I am honestly stumped and really concerned because two of my mods are the issue here. I am not even sure where else to look to figure this out so at this stage the best I can do is offer a sincere apology for my mods ruining your game experience. I know this is going to weigh on me and be rattling around in my brain for a bit so if I think of anything else that may have caused this, I'll post it here.

OBRISON

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 17, 2024, 07:44:37 AM »

I am honestly stumped and really concerned because two of my mods are the issue here. I am not even sure where else to look to figure this out so at this stage the best I can do is offer a sincere apology for my mods ruining your game experience. I know this is going to weigh on me and be rattling around in my brain for a bit so if I think of anything else that may have caused this, I'll post it here.
No need for apology, I just wanted to know if this is common occurance or not. I am still having fun juggling between defending Imperium and making my own faction grow.
If you want I can send you my save if that can help with anything.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 17, 2024, 07:57:01 AM »

No need for apology, I just wanted to know if this is common occurance or not. I am still having fun juggling between defending Imperium and making my own faction grow.
That is kind of you and I am glad to hear you are getting some enjoyment out of the situation.
If you want I can send you my save if that can help with anything.
Well as our mod list greatly differs that would be hard to do.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you have referenced playing as your own faction and I am little confused because I do not see a custom mod listed on your enabled mods. Which faction are you refereing to as your own?

OBRISON

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 17, 2024, 08:08:00 AM »

The only thing that comes to mind is that you have referenced playing as your own faction and I am little confused because I do not see a custom mod listed on your enabled mods. Which faction are you refereing to as your own?
"Own faction" start option, where you start with your own world.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41