Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 244478 times)

reiya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Hiver Swarm - V1.10 - 11/01/23
« Reply #480 on: November 21, 2023, 01:40:01 AM »

Hello moderators,may i have link hiver swarm for version 0.9.5 ....

thank you for your time.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 21, 2023, 01:59:42 AM »

Hello moderators,may i have link hiver swarm for version 0.9.5 ....

thank you for your time.
I'm flattered that you like the mod enough to ask. I do keep a repository of my mods and here is a link to the last version that was 0.95 compliant https://www.dropbox.com/s/u21q884qefqh6vb/Hiver%20Swarm%201.08a.rar?dl=0 - Note that this version would lack and changes made to the current (1.10) version of the mod. Enjoy!

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2023, 07:00:01 PM »

While I wouldn't want to play as them, they make for a great little arc where you form a large expedition to go purge their xeno asses, though they're suspiciously technologically advanced/developed colony wise for a buncha bugs, imo

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2023, 11:38:24 PM »

Hello there thank you for the feedback.
While I wouldn't want to play as them, they make for a great little arc where you form a large expedition to go purge their xeno asses
Initially they were NPC only and that is their intended role but I received several requests to make them playable so I added the option but personally I agree with you. Suffer Not The Alien To Live!
though they're suspiciously technologically advanced/developed colony wise for a buncha bugs, imo
Well they are a race of evolved insectoids that are from outside Corvus so their tech is from a different mindset and evolved path than Humanity. If you stack them against the Ordos remnant tech which is derived from Human tech but evolved by AI they are not as advanced. I did my best to give them some unique punch while also give them a couple weaknesses so they would be a threat but not an endgame one, I'll leave that to the Doritos. :)

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 05, 2023, 01:43:47 PM »

I can go and check again in game but I think an easy way to solve the issue of the hivers markets showing up onto the "products" lists when you're trading would be to simply throw their accessibility bonus to get their planets past 100% accessibility. I feel like it might make them harder by default but just ensuring that each of their markets produce the goods they need then boosting up their natural accessibility up thanks to how the game works making every hostile faction drop accessibility, I saw it put into practice once where someone make the pather's have a faction wide bonus to their planets to give their markets more access and it immediately made their planets roughly stabilize and no longer show up with huge deficits on my markets tab. I think that could be applied here and get rid of the hivers from immediately having huge deficits in random resources across most of their planets with most of their resources as without anyone actually hitting their commodities trade fleets out on the fringes of the sector the only way they'd be having their deficit markets showing up would be from very very poor accessibility.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 06, 2023, 08:53:17 AM »

Hello Nicegye00 thank you for your suggestion. I apologize for the delayed response, things have been hectic and my free time has been jammed up.
I can go and check again in game but I think an easy way to solve the issue of the hivers markets showing up onto the "products" lists when you're trading would be to simply throw their accessibility bonus to get their planets past 100% accessibility. I feel like it might make them harder by default but just ensuring that each of their markets produce the goods they need then boosting up their natural accessibility up thanks to how the game works making every hostile faction drop accessibility, I saw it put into practice once where someone make the pather's have a faction wide bonus to their planets to give their markets more access and it immediately made their planets roughly stabilize and no longer show up with huge deficits on my markets tab. I think that could be applied here and get rid of the hivers from immediately having huge deficits in random resources across most of their planets with most of their resources as without anyone actually hitting their commodities trade fleets out on the fringes of the sector the only way they'd be having their deficit markets showing up would be from very very poor accessibility.
This is the first time someone has reported that their issue was Hiver deficit, the complaints I have received in the past were regarding their overages. That made sense to me because I have them overproduce trade goods since they cannot trade with other factions. I have not been in game in a bit but next time I can, I'll open up Stelnet and look for myself and see if there are any shortfalls in their closed economy. If I find any, I can just add an industry to one of the planets that addresses it.

As to adjusting their accessibility, I am not sure I could do that without severely effecting their growth and income generation, both of which are core to their invasion and colony fleets. I'll see what I can do but it would take some time intensive testing to see if that kind of change would effect them late game in the way I expect. So at this stage I could not give an ETA on a solid answer. Best I can say at this stage is that it is on my Hiver TO-DO list and I am open to suggestions from the community.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 21, 2023, 04:07:31 PM »

That's fair and I can of course double check myself as the last time I used hive was some time ago and it seemed to be going both directions for me personally, though I do play modded a bit more chaotically than I think most people would prefer or at least from what I've seen. Either way though I can go ahead and start checking once again to make sure I'm not going crazy or should be simply shut up.

As to adjusting their accessibility, I am not sure I could do that without severely effecting their growth and income generation, both of which are core to their invasion and colony fleets.

Yeah ok that makes sense. I was more just speaking from the terms of the immediate early game where when one would start looking for things to generate income and suddenly instead of being able to find any good markets to buy from they get to see the hivers having their commodity markets over produce like mad and being the "best locations to buy from" as clearly flying into hiver space is a safe and healthy option for an independent trader.

Counter consideration that I just had would be to try and balance out their productions to being net neutral and then giving their markets an accessibility boon so they neither over produce or under produce and of course once they start expanding out into new systems to colonize it starts to turn into a them problem producing the goods they need, that way at least the player isn't struggling to read the supply and demand menu right out the gates and having no real good idea as to where to buy anything.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 21, 2023, 06:17:32 PM »

That's fair and I can of course double check myself as the last time I used hive was some time ago and it seemed to be going both directions for me personally, though I do play modded a bit more chaotically than I think most people would prefer or at least from what I've seen. Either way though I can go ahead and start checking once again to make sure I'm not going crazy or should be simply shut up.

Ah ok well I have done some changes to the mod over that time so a fresh perspective would be better, looking forward to it. OH and never shut up, I appreciate any pointers I can get.
Yeah ok that makes sense. I was more just speaking from the terms of the immediate early game where when one would start looking for things to generate income and suddenly instead of being able to find any good markets to buy from they get to see the hivers having their commodity markets over produce like mad and being the "best locations to buy from" as clearly flying into hiver space is a safe and healthy option for an independent trader.

I have tried several different ways to omit them from the market but in order for them to invade and colonize under NEX they need a market to trade with each other so they can afford that many fleets. I even asked Alex and I appreciate him trying to help but the code he suggested just gutted their economy. I also reached out to Jaghaimo about an exclusion for Stelnet but I was told that was a work in progress but that was months ago and it has not been implemented yet.
Counter consideration that I just had would be to try and balance out their productions to being net neutral and then giving their markets an accessibility boon so they neither over produce or under produce and of course once they start expanding out into new systems to colonize it starts to turn into a them problem producing the goods they need, that way at least the player isn't struggling to read the supply and demand menu right out the gates and having no real good idea as to where to buy anything.
After the holidays I will tinker with their markets. I have seen some areas of overabundance and I believe it was because when I set them up initially they only had two systems on the far NW corner and one in the SE corner. I thought that would force them to travel the map more but I found out that it just made them weak. So instead I moved the SE one near the other two but never adjusted the overall output since each system has a closed economy. However they will trade with each other and i did not take into account that adding that third system so close that they have surplus.

TLDR: TY so much for getting back to me and I think I have a solution to lower their output and will work on it in 2024 :)

Danreivv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 22, 2023, 08:22:55 AM »

Hi there,

Sorry if it has been asked before but this thread is quite the long read.

I was wondering if there was any simple way (i.e tweak some already existing values in a file) in order to slightly slow-down the hiver's feast on the core world.

I favor slow-paced game with a rough start so the first I tried this mod and by the time I was getting somewhere the hiver had already gulped down westernesse and swiss-cheesed the rest of the core.

And it's fine, it's just happening a bit too fast for my taste  :)

Thx in advance.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2023, 09:39:43 AM »

Hi there,

Sorry if it has been asked before but this thread is quite the long read.
Hello there, yea the mod has been out for a bit and the thread can be a bit of a slog to read though :) I'll help best as I can.
I was wondering if there was any simple way (i.e tweak some already existing values in a file) in order to slightly slow-down the hiver's feast on the core world.
I designed the mod to be used with a few mod factions installed. If you are playing with them with just vanilla factions then they will romp through the sector in no time. They are enemies to all so any faction you install will counter invade them and the more you have the slower their advance because they need to use their fleets in defense rather than invasion. One I would recommend is Peplat's Xhan Empire https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17972.0 as it is not only a well made faction but their system is very well defended and situated directly in the path of the Hiver invasion fleets so they also unintentionally act as bulwark.
I favor slow-paced game with a rough start so the first I tried this mod and by the time I was getting somewhere the hiver had already gulped down westernesse and swiss-cheesed the rest of the core.

And it's fine, it's just happening a bit too fast for my taste  :)
You can choose the option when starting a game under NEX to delay factions from sending colony fleets until the player has a colony and that will slow them down. Also if you are comfortable editing code, you can go to data\world\factions and open HIVER.faction with an editor. I recommend notepad++ if you do not have an editor, it is free and recognizes Java script. Once opened, navigate to line 265 "aggression":5, and lower that number. The current setting of 5 is the maximum so set it lower and they will be less aggressive but that needs to be done before a game is started. Be cautious with that because that will effect the entire playthrough.
Thx in advance.
Thank you for reaching out, I am sure you are not the only player who faces this issue. Try those and see if it is what you are looking for and I will think more on ways to make them easier that a player could implement.

Danreivv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 22, 2023, 10:35:46 AM »

That's just perfect.

I'll add that faction, set aggression to like 4 and/or delay until 1st colony and I should be good to go !

Thx again :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 10:39:34 AM by Danreivv »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 23, 2023, 07:58:22 AM »

That's just perfect.

I'll add that faction, set aggression to like 4 and/or delay until 1st colony and I should be good to go !

Thx again :D
Ah excellent, I am glad I could help. I would be curious how it goes once you've played a bit if you would not mind sharing.

vaarelsauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 28, 2023, 02:31:27 AM »

Destiny 2 vibes  :o

What's next, the Cabal Corporation?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 28, 2023, 02:48:06 AM »

Hello there!
Destiny 2 vibes  :o
That is a new one, I hope it is because you enjoy Destiny 2 :)
What's next, the Cabal Corporation?
Already done by Dark.Revenant https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11002.0 and much better than anything I could bang out.  ;)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 29, 2023, 02:12:30 PM »

FYI for anyone interested, I was messaged on discord regarding a streamer that is starting a series of fighting the Hivers from starting with nothing, building up their fleet, fighting the Hivers and losing but gaining intel and adjusting their strategy. I just wanted to to let Butter Baronet know I am enjoying the journey and wish them well!

Series starts here if interested:

Four episodes so far until the Hivers are first contacted but I have enjoyed the journey of a start to finish vs Hiver run.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41