Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 244543 times)

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.05 - 03/02/23
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2023, 06:31:38 PM »

No worries, it was my fault for forgetting to re-disable them after repairing the mod. I have only lost 2-3 hours of play.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2023, 08:17:30 PM »

So I made sure I have the do not spawn files in, when I look in the file they are marked as no drop, no sell, restricted/etc and started a new sector. But about the 8th planet I explore, I find a Hiver Weapon BP package. I am not sure what is going on here.

I am also a little confused as drop vs no drop have different blueprint setups. Drop has it broken out into three weapon blueprints, the no drop has all weapons in one blueprint.

Also the Xrrymm-type Hive,HIVER_mirv seems to be missing "missle8, strike2" in the no drop file, while it has them in the base file.

I have not compared the ships yet.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2023, 12:32:11 AM »

No worries, it was my fault for forgetting to re-disable them after repairing the mod. I have only lost 2-3 hours of play.
OK sorry about not being clear about that. FYI 1.06 is coming out later today and some of the changes require a new game to take effect so you may want to hold off on a new start.
So I made sure I have the do not spawn files in, when I look in the file they are marked as no drop, no sell, restricted/etc and started a new sector. But about the 8th planet I explore, I find a Hiver Weapon BP package. I am not sure what is going on here.
Yea a bonehead move on my part that is fixed in 1.06. Essentially I split their weapon BP into different packages as a way of making their weapons less accessible but I neglected to remove the call for the old BP.
I am also a little confused as drop vs no drop have different blueprint setups. Drop has it broken out into three weapon blueprints, the no drop has all weapons in one blueprint.
See above, similar issue just me being lazy. :) I figured if they were no drop then what does it matter. That is fixed in 1.06 as well.
Also the Xrrymm-type Hive,HIVER_mirv seems to be missing "missle8, strike2" in the no drop file, while it has them in the base file.
Good catch, most likely I oopsied and overwrote that when I added the no drop to that one. Sorry about that, I'll have that fixed as well in the next update.
I'd be interested in seeing your feedback. I plan to have the update out later today, just need to run a new game for a couple hours as a final test. So if you have any observations regarding oopsies/changes/updates before then, perhaps I can fit any into 1.06

Thank you for the update and your patience.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.06 - Cha-cha-cha-cha-changes!- 03/11/23
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2023, 11:28:36 AM »

V1.06 released today- v1.05 save game compatible but some changes (marked) require a new game to take effect so I highly recommend you read the changelog located in the RAR or on the forum OP.

Numerous fixes and changes to the mod (yea you really should read the changelog) but the two most requested changes I was finally able to make was that the commodities from the initial markets no longer show up on the Stellar Networks MOD commodity market and vanilla quests *should* no longer pick their initial planets for quest destinations -Thanks to Histidine, Alex, Dalton and Lukas04 for helping me figure it out and Madbadger2 for being a sounding board and keeping me sane while I did so. :)

I hope you enjoy the changes and keep those comments coming my way, it's a group effort making the mod the best it can be!

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2023, 01:27:42 PM »

OK sorry about not being clear about that. FYI 1.06 is coming out later today and some of the changes require a new game to take effect so you may want to hold off on a new start.
Yea a bonehead move on my part that is fixed in 1.06. Essentially I split their weapon BP into different packages as a way of making their weapons less accessible but I neglected to remove the call for the old BP.
See above, similar issue just me being lazy. :) I figured if they were no drop then what does it matter. That is fixed in 1.06 as well.
Good catch, most likely I oopsied and overwrote that when I added the no drop to that one. Sorry about that, I'll have that fixed as well in the next update.
I'd be interested in seeing your feedback. I plan to have the update out later today, just need to run a new game for a couple hours as a final test. So if you have any observations regarding oopsies/changes/updates before then, perhaps I can fit any into 1.06

Thank you for the update and your patience.

Sorry, I was asleep when you responded.

I had a thought this morning regarding package drops. If the blueprint packages are still dropping even when no drop/sell etc is marked, could the fix be to remove the package name from the weapons/ship csv files? Using Xrrymm as an example:
Code
"missile8, strike2, hivermweapon_bp,no_drop, restricted, no_dealer, no_sell"
Would become:
Code
"missile8, strike2,,no_drop, restricted, no_dealer, no_sell"
Or would one just need to delete the "Hiver Swarm 1.06\data\campaign\special_items.csv"? I am not sure what controls the package drops. I am wondering if the no drop/sell setting marks it so no individual blueprints can be dropped, but the package still can.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2023, 01:32:07 PM »

Hmm that is odd, I did not have that happen when I tested it but to be fair I did not play very long with it enabled. Were you using the new update 1.06 when it happened? According to the code that I used it *should* prevent that but I'll do some digging an check my information, lord knows it is scant :)

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 11, 2023, 02:18:27 PM »

Hmm that is odd, I did not have that happen when I tested it but to be fair I did not play very long with it enabled. Were you using the new update 1.06 when it happened? According to the code that I used it *should* prevent that but I'll do some digging an check my information, lord knows it is scant :)

No, I was waiting for your response before firing up. This was happening on 1.05. I will just throw together a quick sector and burn exploration for an hour or two (after a nap) via console commands for supplies/fuel/combat to see what happens with 1.06.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 02:22:06 PM by Volsungare »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 11, 2023, 03:11:42 PM »

No, I was waiting for your response before firing up. This was happening on 1.05. I will just throw together a quick sector and burn exploration for an hour or two (after a nap) via console commands for supplies/fuel/combat to see what happens with 1.06.
Ahh ok, thank you for the clarity. I took your earlier comments to heart and put in some fixes in 1.06. When you decide to update please let me know if any issues are still occurring.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2023, 05:42:49 PM »

Blueprint packages still drop in 1.06 with the unrecoverable settings used. I think to prevent them from dropping, the special_items.csv may need to be deleted/renamed and the bp callout in the hulls/weapons csv files removed, That way there are no blueprint packages to spawn, the game won't spawn empty packages, and the game won't be looking for packages that don't exist (I think that covers all bases for potential errors/issues instead of doing just one of those options?). I am going to give that a spin and see what happens.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2023, 05:46:01 PM »

Blueprint packages still drop in 1.06 with the unrecoverable settings used. I think to prevent them from dropping, the special_items.csv may need to be deleted/renamed and the bp callout in the hulls/weapons csv files removed, That way there are no blueprint packages to spawn, the game won't spawn empty packages, and the game won't be looking for packages that don't exist (I think that covers all bases for potential errors/issues instead of doing just one of those options?). I am going to give that a spin and see what happens.
Good to know, I have not looked into it yet as I just got done a marathon session hiver update and need to rest my brain :) Nice of you to do the testing, please let me know if that works and I'll add it to the instructions.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2023, 12:23:06 PM »

Good to know, I have not looked into it yet as I just got done a marathon session hiver update and need to rest my brain :) Nice of you to do the testing, please let me know if that works and I'll add it to the instructions.

I buzzed around for a while and didn't see any Hiver blueprint packs drop after remove the tags from the ships/weapons csvs and renaming the special items csv. But it wasn't as thorough as I might have liked as I got involved in trying to figure out how to remove the notable ship tag from Tahlan's Tramtanzer >_>.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2023, 05:21:35 PM »

I buzzed around for a while and didn't see any Hiver blueprint packs drop after remove the tags from the ships/weapons csvs and renaming the special items csv. But it wasn't as thorough as I might have liked as I got involved in trying to figure out how to remove the notable ship tag from Tahlan's Tramtanzer >_>.
Well that is the nuclear option for sure :) Thank you for the testing and input I've been a bit busy r/l to look into it yet but I do plan to and should have some time Monday.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2023, 06:08:26 PM »

Well that is the nuclear option for sure :) Thank you for the testing and input I've been a bit busy r/l to look into it yet but I do plan to and should have some time Monday.

Yeah it is a bit nuclear, but it was the safest option with the little i know about coding. Besides, all I do is (other than removing the bp package tag from the uncrecoverable files, is rename the special_items.csv to specialitems.csvold.

yajusenpai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 13, 2023, 08:49:01 AM »

Hiver phase ship are peak annoying.
They have phase that cost nothing to use, giant Flux so they can phase indefinitely.
Have ton of hull and armor so they can tank even if you deal some lucky hit.
Worst is they can regen their hull quicky so they never die.
Worst still are they are almost always piloted by officer.
More often then not I can only wait for their CR to run out in battle.
This annoyinginess pair with other ship that port heavy armor big hull invincible shield that also never die, are criminal.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:50:51 AM by yajusenpai »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2023, 11:14:08 AM »

Yeah it is a bit nuclear, but it was the safest option with the little i know about coding. Besides, all I do is (other than removing the bp package tag from the uncrecoverable files, is rename the special_items.csv to specialitems.csvold.
I enabled the no-drop and have been playing for a couple hours and have not had a hiver BP drop yet. Of course that is my subjective experience and not a scientific method result so I'll ask around regarding the code I use and make sure I have it correct. I hesitate to go your route as that could cause complications and I want to make sure I am giving correct instructions before I add to the README.
Hiver phase ship are peak annoying.
They have phase that cost nothing to use, giant Flux so they can phase indefinitely.
Have ton of hull and armor so they can tank even if you deal some lucky hit.
Worst is they can regen their hull quicky so they never die.
Worst still are they are almost always piloted by officer.
More often then not I can only wait for their CR to run out in battle.
This annoyinginess pair with other ship that port heavy armor big hull invincible shield that also never die, are criminal.
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to give a detailed description, it really does help me. The phase ships were recently added at the request of a few players. Though I did test them, I am sure they could use a balance pass since I am not a fan of phase ships in general and do not use them personally. I'll check in with the people who requested them and do some testing for balance on my own.

Thank you both for the clarity and your patience while I figure this out. I was working on an update for one of my other mods but Hiver is now the priority. I cannot give an ETA at this stage since I will be awaiting feedback from others but I estimate no later than Friday I'll have a hotfix that address both of your concerns.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41