Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248977 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1035 on: February 10, 2022, 07:57:51 AM »

I just found out about MemFlags.PATROL_EXTRA_SUSPICION. For some reason, the only thing that sets it normally is... the hand-me-down freighter hub mission. Why??

EDIT: To clarify, should an innocuous off-the-books transaction with a civilian (as opposed to any of the underworld contact dealings you can have) cause smuggling suspicion? None of the other mostly-legitimate bar encounters do this.

It's not the only place a specific patrol gets some extra suspicion; see in particular: HubMissionWithTriggers.triggerCreateMediumPatrolAroundMarket

(As to why for that specific mission, the idea is that this particular civilian wasn't, maybe, as above-board as you think, and their ship is known to the authorities.)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 10, 2022, 11:17:11 AM »

Ahh, interesting, I'd wondered what had changed to make it so that, every now and then, I'd get stopped by a patrol when I hadn't done anything on the black market at all.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 14, 2022, 08:46:26 PM »

How much damage are we talking for the new beam torpedo? 2000? 2500?

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 21, 2022, 06:17:04 AM »

Alex, good afternoon.

Thanks again for a great game. Already several hundred hours spent in it with great pleasure.

The game version is almost 1.0 now, so let me ask you a couple of questions:
1 What is planned to be added in the next expansion? At least in general terms. Continuation of the main quest / gameplay improvements / colony management (including terraforming) / adding content (ships, weapons, new hull modifications)?
2 After version 1.0 do you plan to further develop the game?

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 08, 2022, 05:14:19 PM »

How much damage are we talking for the new beam torpedo? 2000? 2500?

I think Alex mentioned about similar dmg to a reaper, 4k to be said, but hits armor weaker and shield harder (tho its still soft flux like any other beam)
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 17, 2022, 03:12:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure the encounter with the Unknown Location ship used to always allow disengage (FIDConfig.leaveAlwaysAvailable = true) in 0.95. Was this changed, and if so, why?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:16:36 AM by Histidine »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 17, 2022, 07:23:39 AM »

The Unknown Vessel has never allowed you to leave uncontested.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 17, 2022, 07:32:31 AM »

Yeah, I don't remember it ever being set to that. I mean, *maybe* I'm just forgetting? But I'm having a hard time thinking of a reason it would be set to always let you go.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 17, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »

I distinctly remember getting to just walk away (albeit at the cost of being harried, so leaveAlwaysAvailable doesn't sound like the right tag now) in my first ever 0.95 playthrough, although maybe I was just below the disengage threshold without realizing it.
The obvious design reason (if this were indeed the case) being so that the player can complete the PZ mission without being forced into a fight with a very strong and dangerous ship, or having to burn a story point to avoid it.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 17, 2022, 06:14:15 PM »

I distinctly remember getting to just walk away (albeit at the cost of being harried, so leaveAlwaysAvailable doesn't sound like the right tag now) in my first ever 0.95 playthrough, although maybe I was just below the disengage threshold without realizing it.
If I understand things correctly, if you attempt to retreat from a hostile fleet when every one of the ships in your fleet has higher burn than every ship in the enemy fleet, they'll always harass instead of forcing an engagement.

The Unknown Vessel has burn 7, and is the only ship in its fleet.

So long as you've not picked up the Hamatsu yet, you're probably only going to be harassed - most people don't run around with burn 7 ships in their fleet.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 17, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »

Yep, that's probably what happened. Checking through SVN, doesn't look like that was ever turned on.

Radicaljack

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 22, 2022, 07:23:53 AM »

Is there any plans on making the Odyssey show up in TT fleets?

Seems odd that one of the more unique TT ships doesn't ever ever get used in game.

Also noticing the Tempest system is still used horribly, there's gotta be a less AI failure prone system it could have.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 22, 2022, 11:55:38 PM »

Is there any plans on making the Odyssey show up in TT fleets?

Seems odd that one of the more unique TT ships doesn't ever ever get used in game.

Also noticing the Tempest system is still used horribly, there's gotta be a less AI failure prone system it could have.
I think I saw similar issue about Odyssey not showing up been reported somewhere, so I made some dig into files of my copy. Hope that's not a violation to any agreement.

According to what I found, Tri Tach did have Odyssey blue prints in their data base and with a priority (hull frequency) same as paragon. Odyssey has exactly the same tags as Paragon does, according to ship_data.csv.(period) Theoretically they should spawn at a similar rate, but neither the people reporting the issue nor me by my memory or testing have seen it spawning as much as paragon, if it spawns at all. I have seen the Odyssey in markets before but can't really recall it showing up in fleets except story related merc fleets, and I have to say I really can't find any reason for that. Hope someone else could get us some answers.

Also I found out that the Tri Tach has a fleet doctrine of 3 3 3, which tbh is weird as doctrine number should be 7 in total.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 23, 2022, 04:31:06 AM »

If you don't decompile anything, you're 100% fine - and decompiling requires special tools, so you won't do it on accident.

TriTachyon has Paragon and Astral prioritized in their faction file, but not Odyssey. That is why you never see it in TT fleets or markets even though they know the BP.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 03, 2022, 06:41:19 PM »

Few notes not worth separate topics:

* Derelict Drones
Completed a contact bounty against Derelicts and recovered every last ship to try some of them out.  Out of all of them, only the Rampart was fairly good.  The rest seemed sub-par at best or awful at worst, even with their cheap DP costs.  The frigates seemed really weak, although Warden looks like it could be worth its DP (of 3) if massed.  Berserker feels like a worse Vanguard, much like Shrike vs. Tempest.  As for Rampart, it feels like a budget Dominator.  Two Mark IXs and Cyclone Reaper, plus several elite skills, this thing can do a lot of damage before dying, if it dies, all for the cost of 15 DP.  Even if it dies, it is a zombie ship like Vanguard.  It can focus on armor and be a real brick, or it can take Makeshift/Hardened/Stabilized Shields and play more conventionally.

I consider Rampart useful enough to use in my fleet.  The rest seem good only as scrap or trophies.

* Princess of Persea
Finally tried out the duel.  It is no typical fighting game made since Street Fighter 2, that is for sure.  Instead, it plays like something from the '80s, like Capcom's Trojan, without the crouching or jumping.  Control input (at least attacking) tend to get buffered too easily for too long, and my guy swings twice after I press buttons to swing.  Took some tries to kind of get the hang of the controls.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72