Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.1.0 - 04/13/24 - Yet another sprite update  (Read 209578 times)

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.9.3 - 03/10/24
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2024, 01:10:51 PM »

Love the asteroid thrower.  It's just so in character

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2024, 01:55:26 PM »

The visuals are very aesthetically pleasing and close to vanilla, but content is sooo much OP. I will have to disable this mod next playthrough to give other ships a chance :)
I appreciate the nice compliment on the ship designs, thank you. As to the OP nature I respect your opinion but I feel they have their strengths and weaknesses but concede they are not as apparent as standard ships. I do hope you find what you are looking for in another mod and enjoy the game.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2024, 02:16:24 PM »

Love the asteroid thrower.  It's just so in character
Indeed, it is a personal favorite and I am so glad to hear you enjoy it. It is unique to that ship which is why it is prevented from dropping. I initially made the mistake of allowing it to be looted and it was ridiculous seeing that big launching platform installed on a random cruiser tossing asteroids sometimes bigger than the ship itself lol.

allehator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2024, 11:27:56 PM »

I do hope you find what you are looking for in another mod and enjoy the game.

Heeey, I've never said I'm not enjoying my current run. Why wouldn't I, when I have a "Quit hounding me" Fetching blowing up those pesky enemy capitals :D. The post was intended as a feedback, not a critique.

P.S. In fact I'm running with all of your faction mods, because I liked the visuals. Can't comment on OPness yet :D

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2024, 11:56:45 PM »

I do hope you find what you are looking for in another mod and enjoy the game.

Heeey, I've never said I'm not enjoying my current run. Why wouldn't I, when I have a "Quit hounding me" Fetching blowing up those pesky enemy capitals :D. The post was intended as a feedback, not a critique.
Lol OK, I guess I misunderstood. Yea the Fetching is quite powerful but can be taken out fairly easily, she's scratched and dented but she'll hold together long enough to get the job done. :)
P.S. In fact I'm running with all of your faction mods, because I liked the visuals. Can't comment on OPness yet :D
Nice, thank you for the kind words. As to OPness, if you have some specific feedback I am open to it if you would care to share at some point.

CV514

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2024, 03:05:59 PM »

Monofilament Tow Cable ("tow_cable") is still present present in those ship files:

JYD_rambunctious.ship
JYD_peppy.ship
JYD_industrious.ship

It makes funny tooltip:

Spoiler
[close]

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 30, 2024, 03:09:16 PM »

Monofilament Tow Cable ("tow_cable") is still present present in those ship files:

JYD_rambunctious.ship
JYD_peppy.ship
JYD_industrious.ship

It makes funny tooltip:

Spoiler
[close]
Hello there thank you for posting. That hull mod is a depreciated vanilla one that was left in the game. The reason it is so wonky is that it was written for an older version of the game and it was removed from the OX in v0.8. The code and description are still in the vanilla game and I thought it was an interesting hull mod so I sort of revived it. However by including it I directly referenced the game code for it so it comes up as your image shows because it is in an older version of the game code. It never really bothered me since it was just a visual thing and the hull mod works, so lazy ole me just left it as is.

I did try to re-writing the code and description recently and adding it to JYD to see if using the modern method fixes it but I was unsuccessful on my first pass. I did not spend a lot of time on it as some issues with my other mods came up and took precedence but I'll look into it further when time allows.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.0 - 04/07/24
« Reply #442 on: April 07, 2024, 10:59:00 AM »

V3.0 released today - Save Compatible with v2.9.3 - You may need to rearm some of the ships that were changed in this update if you have them in your current fleet
   -Replaced the sprite for the Loyal,increased the drone count to 5, replaced two small turrets with mediums
   -Replaced the sprite for the Courageous, changed two small turrets to medium, removed 1 small turret and added 1 hanger
   -Replaced the sprite for the Continental, downsized the middle large missile to a medium composite and added a hanger in the rear
   -Replaced the sprite for the Downtown, removed one small turret and used the spare OP to equip typhon torpedoes on the variant
   -Desaturated the sprite for the Slim and re-armed the variant to be more DPS orientated
   -Lowered the frequency that the stronger JYD ships will appear in Independent markets and fleets - TY SSchorik0101 for brining this to my attention
   -Increased the frequency the Industrious will appear in JYD markets and fleets - Ty Cenbes for messaging me about never seeing them
   -Increased the HP of the Asteroid Launcher's shot - Being so slow it was frequently getting shot down in long range engagements which it is designed for
   -Adjusted the player levels that JYD Bounties will appear on a scaling system - Prevents them from spamming the board on a new game
   -With the newest version of magicLib, JYD bounties now show properly on the bounty board - Horray!
   -Replaced the old ship images with the updated ones on the Forum OP and added a comparative image

Fixed some issues that were brought to my attention by players who I have thanked in the changelog but I'd like to do so again, Thank You! I jumped to version 3.0 because a lot of work went into this update. I have been on a mission to replace the sprites from Spiral Arms that JYD started with. In this update I updated two faction ships and three pirate ships. The two faction ships were not bad looking but I felt they did not match the JYD aesthetic of ships that have been lived in, a little dirty and dented from working in asteroid fields. The pirate replacements were a long time coming and I regret not having done it sooner because as my "fans" on discord say, they were "cursed". You name a noobie mistake in making sprites and I did it, over enlarged, over saturated, you name it I did it. I am including a old/new image under spoilers below, let me know what you think. -Enjoy!

Spoiler
[close]

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 07, 2024, 04:22:56 PM »

Oh I definitely like the new skins and designs!  I think the last two really make them really feel unique.  Does the Vicious have 4 large mounts though?  For some reason I thought it only had 2 the last time I looked.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 07, 2024, 05:29:10 PM »

Oh I definitely like the new skins and designs! 
Woot somebody likes them! :)
I think the last two really make them really feel unique. 
Ugh the Downtown and the Slim were certainly cursed. I spent a lot of time trying to salvage the originals but eventually just gave up and started over from scratch :) Or did you mean the Courageous and the Loyal (based on the image)? If that is the case then well thank you for that! I really wanted to bring JYD ships in line aesthetically speaking. I have it in their lore that they are comprised of several different former independent miners so having a varity makes sense but those two really stood out.
Does the Vicious have 4 large mounts though?  For some reason I thought it only had 2 the last time I looked.
No it has always had two, it's primary output is it's variety of medium mount types. I do not think I have touched that one since I gave it a front module but if you make a good case of that instead of all the mediums, I'll take it under consideration for the next update.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.0.1 - 04/10/24 - Quick Fix
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2024, 07:02:21 AM »

V3.0.1 released today - Save Compatible with V3.0 - A quick fix
   -In 2.9.2 I stated that I implemented an adjustment to the Adaw and apparently I forgot to actually do it  :-[
         -Reduced the wing count on the Adaw from 6 to 4 and OP cost from 20 to 18 - The balance was OP vs large ships with that many bomblets most of them hit
   -Remade the Downtown sprite to look more like the heavy cruiser that it is - Received a couple messages that it looked like a destroyer
   -Updated the pirate ships image on the forum OP and the previous patch's comparison image (Third one down if interested) with the updated sprite
   -Ty to Cenbes for their help in this and the previous patch for being a good sounding board for ideas - I neglected to put that in 3.0 sorry :(

I thank the two players who messaged me direct about the Downtown who wished to not be mentioned, you know who you are :)
Spoiler
[close]

VikStahl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2024, 11:33:41 AM »

Hi, Thanks for the update. Is it normal that Bounty Board Portraits get blacked out after an update? I always install via completely deleting the old version and then putting in the new one. Now guys like Jim Walker are just a black square.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 10, 2024, 12:01:09 PM »

Hi, Thanks for the update. Is it normal that Bounty Board Portraits get blacked out after an update? I always install via completely deleting the old version and then putting in the new one. Now guys like Jim Walker are just a black square.
Thank you for the report. I did change the bounties a little bit in 3.0 where they should show up staggered by player level but that should not effect portraits and in the latest one 3.0.1 did not address bounties other than a sprite re-work for one of the ships involved. Was Jim showing up in 3.0 and now not in 3.0.1 or did you skip over 3.0 and just install 3.0.1? I ask because their release dates are so close together.

VikStahl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 10, 2024, 12:20:05 PM »

Thank you for the report. I did change the bounties a little bit in 3.0 where they should show up staggered by player level but that should not effect portraits and in the latest one 3.0.1 did not address bounties other than a sprite re-work for one of the ships involved. Was Jim showing up in 3.0 and now not in 3.0.1 or did you skip over 3.0 and just install 3.0.1? I ask because their release dates are so close together.

Hi again, sorry to have bothered you, but after going into the Bounty Board directly (where you accept new missions) all the avatars for the JYD bounties I already had accepted returned onto the map and encounter screens. I guess this had nothing to do with your mod and something just needs to refresh after an update.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.0.2 - 04/10/24 - Quick Hot Fix
« Reply #449 on: April 10, 2024, 12:38:35 PM »

V3.0.2 released today - Save Compatible with V3.0.1 - Quick hotfix
   -Fixed an issue where JYD bounties would sometimes show up as blank - TY VikStahl for letting me know
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31