Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.1.0 - 04/13/24 - Yet another sprite update  (Read 209690 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.97 - 09/13/22
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:07 AM »

v1.97 Released today - 1.96 Save Game compatible - Numerous player suggested balance changes, two new 2 OP weapons and a new hull mod.

Changelog on the Forum OP and in the RAR has the details - Also re-designed the Forum OP to be more reader friendly, give it a gander.

As always, I am thankful for all the comments and suggestions. I am energized to tinker with my mods when people take the time to share their thoughts and ideas so please keep them coming!

@5ColouredWalker, power12359 and darkwarrior1000 - Instead of giving a detailed reply to your posts, I just incorporated them into this patch with numerous heartfelt thank yous in the changelog :)

Air Fryer Owner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.97 - 09/13/22
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »

Hi,

I'm currently running 1.96 and was looking to update to the latest version.
I cant seem to find v1.97 to bridge to v1.98.

Do you have a stash with the 1.97 version?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.98 - 09/13/22
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2022, 11:42:29 PM »

Hi there. You should be fine going from 1.96 to 1.98. 1.97 was a minor quick fix patch with only a couple changes that were save compatible to 1.96.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.99 - 09/19/22
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2022, 09:50:26 AM »

V1.99 released today - Save Game compatible with 1.98

Even more player suggested tweaks, some graphic clean up, a new hull mod and a new weapon. Changelog on the Forum OP and in the RAR has all the details.

I updated two ship sprites as part of this patch. The ship on the left is the old sprite and the one on the right is the current. Take a peek under the spoiler tags if you are interested in the changes.

Spoiler
[close]

I cannot say it enough, I am so thankful to all the players who have made suggestions or beta tested my mods. If you have any comments or suggestions you can contact me on the forum or in discord, I check each daily. Stay safe rock hoppers!

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2022, 11:49:23 AM »

noice. honestly not a fan of the blueprints being available at all myself, so will tweak it to no_dealer instead of rare_bp for the hvb ships (after all, they wont be unique long if you can mass produce em). the no_dealer is likely redundant with yer other tweaks, but /shrug. other tweaks and fixes are great. thanks for the mod

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2022, 01:13:57 PM »

Not a bad idea if you REALLY want them as rare as unicorns :) I keep the code open source so people can tinker away or look it over for ideas. Heck, if you come up with something good, let me know!

Thank you for the idea in the first place and the kind words about the mod

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2022, 04:05:14 AM »

I think something went wrong. your HVB no longer show profile pics, and their dialogue seems offset when you encounter them. thought it may have been my tinkering, but this is a fresh game with yer mod as packaged. other mods HVB still display correctly. looked over the files and cannot find what went wrong anywhere. so i think imma revert to yer previous version for now

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2022, 04:10:12 AM »

I think something went wrong. your HVB no longer show profile pics, and their dialogue seems offset when you encounter them. thought it may have been my tinkering, but this is a fresh game with yer mod as packaged. other mods HVB still display correctly. looked over the files and cannot find what went wrong anywhere. so i think imma revert to yer previous version for now

OK that is odd behavior, I cannot think of any change I made that would do that since I did not edit the HVB file itself but I'll look into it on my end. I am working on a Hiver update ATM but when I get a chance, I'll start a new game and advance until I am high enough to receive the bounties and get back to you on what I see. Thank you for the update!

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2022, 04:50:41 AM »

I got no clue friend. might still be something on my end. but when i went back to 1.98 i dont have this issue at all.

Grotez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2022, 05:05:08 AM »

Ok, I like the faction, but giving them 2 pristine nanoforges from the start is pretty ridiculous. "JUNKyard dogs" and they have the most solidly built ships in the sector. For flavor it's like HMI's and this faction's ships(with the junker mechanic of more D-mods = more OP) they should flip

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2022, 06:17:04 AM »

I got no clue friend. might still be something on my end. but when i went back to 1.98 i dont have this issue at all.

I'll check my work against 1.98 thanks for the update. While I am testing, if you could post a list of mods activated it would be helpful. If you are unsure how, go to your mods folds and look for a file called enabledMods and open it. Copy/paste the list to the forum and voila!

Ok, I like the faction, but giving them 2 pristine nanoforges from the start is pretty ridiculous. "JUNKyard dogs" and they have the most solidly built ships in the sector. For flavor it's like HMI's and this faction's ships(with the junker mechanic of more D-mods = more OP) they should flip

You make a good point and I do see some complaints on discord that their fleets are a bit too numerous. In the next update Ill switch them to corrupted and knock out two issues at once. The Junk Yard aspect of the name is a tie in to the lore of the faction and system. Dogstar system and the HVB's have easter eggs as to what I was referencing if you are interested. As to their solid nature, that is because they spend most of their time getting bashed by asteroids so they have high armor. :)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2022, 07:56:12 AM »

portraits vanished in my new game, missing text too. so it must not be yer update. again, only the bounties from your mod. have bounties from other mods all working fine. but this game is running the tweaked version i made. so... /shrug. as to the rest.

Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "yunrutechmining",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "better_variants",
  "BSC",
  "ORK",
  "CWSP",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "CFT",
  "Csp",
  "lw_console",
  "seven_nexus",
  "FPE",
  "fluffships",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "timid_xiv",
  "JYD",
  "keruvim_shipyards",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "exshippack",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "dp_mnemonic_sensors",
  "nexerelin",
  "kayse_phaseships",
  "officerExtension",
  "playerflagpackex",
  "rotcesrats",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "Scrapyard",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "swp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "exalted",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "US",
  "vic",
  "variants_lib",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "astroidships",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

as you can see, i have a few of em. rest work. no idea if it is something on my end, or just yer mod. but ye. they all go weird for me

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2022, 09:16:21 AM »

OK I went though my list:

Spoiler
"yunrutechmining",
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "pantera_ANewLevel25",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "apex_design",
  "armaa",
  "lw_autosave",
  "battletechportraitpack",
  "timid_admins",
  "beyondthesector",
  "BSC",
  "bountiesexpanded",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "ORK",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "capturecrew",
  "CFT",
  "Csp",
  "seven_nexus",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "timid_cum",
  "istl_dassaultmikoyan",
  "hm_flagpack",
  "diableavionics",
  "Diktat Enhancement",
  "edshipyard",
  "Everybody loves KoC",
  "XLU",
  "FPE",
  "fluffships",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "GrandColonies",
  "GMDA",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hte",
  "HIVER",
  "IndEvo",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "internalaffairs",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "JYD",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "keruvim_shipyards",
  "LTA",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "lockedAndLoaded",
  "luddenhance",
  "mag_protect",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingships",
  "more_hullmods",
  "ness_saw",
  "wisp_NeutrinoDetectorMkII",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "objects_analysis",
  "OcuA",
  "Ocutek",
  "luddandlions",
  "JYDR",
  "oas",
  "ORA",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "roider",
  "rotcesrats",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "StopGapMeasures3",
  "Sunrider",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "surveycorpssp",
  "symmetricalships",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "transpoffder",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "URW",
  "vic",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "whichmod",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
[close]
and compared it to yours and found that you have better_variants, CWSP, exshippack, dp_mnemonic_sensors, kayse_phaseships, officerExtension, playerflagpackex, Scrapyard, variants_lib, astroidships enabled where as I do not. Most of these I recognize but a couple I have to look up. I was kinda suprised there were so many as I run a pretty mod heavy game. I'll look over the code on these and hunt this down eventually and get back to you when I do.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2022, 06:29:46 PM »

wow, you really go above and beyond XD. and ye, i think i am finally happy with my mod list. though i toggled off all invasion/expansion settings for nex empires. i like the flavour of conflicts and such, but shifting borders and dying factions just isnt fun to me.

i dont know if this helps, but yer HVB SEEM to show up correctly when they first show up, but then the pics vanish when the save is loaded.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2022, 06:32:28 AM »

wow, you really go above and beyond XD. and ye, i think i am finally happy with my mod list. though i toggled off all invasion/expansion settings for nex empires. i like the flavour of conflicts and such, but shifting borders and dying factions just isnt fun to me.
First off, thank you for the kind words :)
i dont know if this helps, but yer HVB SEEM to show up correctly when they first show up, but then the pics vanish when the save is loaded.
OK the plot thickens, that makes it a pickle to figure but I am on the case!

I went through the mods I could identify and found some with both Varya and Magic bounty code but I saw no potential conflicts. I am not as well versed with magic bounty so I may be in error there so I'll keep better variants (the only one that uses MB code) on the back burner. Now I could not find dp_mnemonic_sensors, kayse_phaseships, and playerflagpackex. Are they discord only mods or are they like exshippack which is actually Machina Void Shipyards which you would never decipher from the faction ID unless you knew :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31