Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shipping disruption is ruining my system  (Read 3663 times)

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Shipping disruption is ruining my system
« on: August 13, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »

every now and then i get "shipping disruption" malus on my planets - its ruining everything and i dunno what to do about it

the situation:
1 starsystem
4 colonies in it
i produce everything myself sufficiently (except drugs and organs)

what causes "shipping disruption" exactly - is it pirates? pathers? are my patrols too small? higher force? act of god?

its really annoying
1% less accessibility is nothing but having "-2" to 4 different commodities on every planet is a real pain

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping disruption is ruining my system
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »

The commodity shortages happen when trade fleets headed to your colonies get destroyed. Usually due to pirate activity, but it can happen due to other raids/expeditions as well. You probably should destroy the pirate base that it causing the local pirate activity. I think the trade shortages should go away after a little time, there's nothing you can do to speed that up afaik.

To prevent it, just build as many patrol hq/military bases/high commands as you can, and stack whatever fleet size bonuses you can find too.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 07:12:20 PM »

Nothing prevents shortages. Even if you are 100% self-sufficient, traders from other factions will come, and get intercepted by pirates in hyperspace. Every lost fleet is -2 commodity, and it doesn't matter if the demand could have been met in-system even without this fleet at all. Patrol strength within the system doesn't matter much for simulated trade losses when you are away.

The only way I found is to be hostile with literally everyone so no convoys ever come and have all demand met within one system.

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »

The only way I found is to be hostile with literally everyone so no convoys ever come and have all demand met within one system.

hmmm, this is either brilliant or potentially savegame ruining  ;D

that works 100%?
and what about exports?
if you have free ports would hostile faction still buy *** from you?

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure if you are hostile to everyone, the accessibility hit will hurt way worse than the occasional shortage.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 06:04:55 AM »

If you loose too much by shipping disruptions, you need to remove the largest Pirate bases. Usually you will already know their locations due bounties. Another problem may be a commission and hostilities. If disruptions are already really hurting, you should avoid being commissioned and avoid getting factions hostile towards yours.

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 06:47:49 AM »

I would be a nice feature to auto stockpile resources at a price, maybe an upgrade of the waystation...

Blurple Berry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 10:56:19 AM »

If you loose too much by shipping disruptions, you need to remove the largest Pirate bases. Usually you will already know their locations due bounties. Another problem may be a commission and hostilities. If disruptions are already really hurting, you should avoid being commissioned and avoid getting factions hostile towards yours.

i have no commission and no hostile relations, i am on good terms with the pirates and neutral to pathers, everybody else is welcoming or higher
there is also currently no pirates raids or deep space pirate stations targeting my system
however there is pather activity on all of my colonies, but that only disrupts industries right?

I would be a nice feature to auto stockpile resources at a price, maybe an upgrade of the waystation...

yeah that would be awesome

FenMuir

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Fen Muir Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »

...i am on good terms with the pirates and neutral to pathers, everybody else is welcoming or higher
there is also currently no pirates raids or deep space pirate stations targeting my system
however there is pather activity on all of my colonies, but that only disrupts industries right?
Are you also friendly with the Pathers? Keep in mind that even the independents occasionally turn to piracy and attack what would otherwise be friendlies. This is why scavengers occasionally attack you despite being welcoming with the independents.

I think some Independents, Pathers, and Pirates will still attack your trade convoys even if you're friendly with them to simulate how loosely these organizations are put together.

Is your system in the core? What mods are you using? Are trade fleets being waylaid by Remnant fleets or scavengers?

Addendum
Each of your colonies Pather Activity tags link to one or more Pather bases. These bases and their constituent fleets as well as fleets going to supply them are always hostile to you and your faction as far as I understand even if you're commissioned by the Pathers.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:09:17 PM by FenMuir »