Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Highly positive relationships seem to be meaningless  (Read 7314 times)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Highly positive relationships seem to be meaningless
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2021, 10:46:50 PM »

Having to spend 100 rep for a capital seems ridiculously overpriced especially considering you can buy a non-XIV onslaught non-high tech capital for 500k, which is the profit one would make from a few runs of drug/heavy armaments smuggling(a LOT less grindy than rep grinding for non-commissions)

Ribencortez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 03:00:50 AM »

Major Faction status could be annexed to the number of high size colony you own like 4 size 5 or 3 size 6 or whatever combination is suitable compare to the existing ones

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 04:41:28 AM »

Being completely honest, trying to turn rep into a bitcoin currency like people are suggesting isn't a reasonable direction the dev will take.

Damaging your rep by calling in favors, things like letting an inspection slide is one thing, but it shouldn't be a points buy system. It's reputation and should do things related to that. No amount of "I like you" is gonna get you a free capital ship or allow a bombing.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2021, 06:53:46 AM »

Reputation is sort of used as currency when player spends 25 reputation to avert an expedition.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2021, 06:58:06 AM »

Being completely honest, trying to turn rep into a bitcoin currency like people are suggesting isn't a reasonable direction the dev will take.

Damaging your rep by calling in favors, things like letting an inspection slide is one thing, but it shouldn't be a points buy system. It's reputation and should do things related to that. No amount of "I like you" is gonna get you a free capital ship or allow a bombing.

I mean, then again, contacts who “like you” can give you capitals for almost free, a bargain price really, just because they like you

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »

High faction rep grants the following:
  • You are stopped for black market trading less frequently IMO.
  • Assuming you use a story point per raid, you will be able to raid high rep factions more frequently before they become hostile to you.
  • Assuming transponder off and keep it off when stopped by faction fleets, you can attack and kill these fleets more often before owning factions become hostile.
  • You will be offered a commission.
  • If commissioned, you can buy military ships.
  • You can "pay off" inspections or raids with faction rep.

That is pretty much it in no particular order. Enjoy. In later patches, when the Orders, Command tab becomes operational, you will likely  be able to do special things with factions with which you have high faction rep.

you pretty much ignored every single post in this thread and the context of this topic as a whole

I found all that info helpful.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2021, 04:18:13 AM »

• Assuming you use a story point per raid, you will be able to raid high rep factions more frequently before they become hostile to you.
  • Assuming transponder off and keep it off when stopped by faction fleets, you can attack and kill these fleets more often before owning factions become hostile.

That is pretty much it in no particular order. Enjoy. In later patches, when the Orders, Command tab becomes operational, you will likely  be able to do special things with factions with which you have high faction rep.

you pretty much ignored every single post in this thread and the context of this topic as a whole

It was off topic because it completely ignored the context of the thread replying to only the title. Someone could post a helpful instructions to watering their plants, doesn't mean it should be in this thread.

Those advantages were already outlined before that post and those advantages are lacking, that's the point.

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2021, 07:49:32 PM »

It was off topic because it completely ignored the context of the thread replying to only the title. Someone could post a helpful instructions to watering their plants, doesn't mean it should be in this thread.

Those advantages were already outlined before that post and those advantages are lacking, that's the point.

I hear you and I understand more after playing a little bit. I agree that it sure would be nice to see more benefits to a higher faction rep and maybe some drawbacks to a negative rep. So far from what I've experienced there doesn't appear to be much of a downside to having a -100 rep with the pirates. I would think they wouldn't trade with someone like me and that they'd issue a "kill on sight" order until my status came up. Could be a nice addition to the game (positive and negate).
Pages: 1 2 [3]