Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: flavor text in the fleets & defenses tooltip on the colony screen  (Read 242 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

as is both of these numbers are pure abstraction, & don't rrreally tell the player anything. Without tabbing out of the screen and waiting to see what the colony spits out theres no real way of gauging how effective or adequate a colony's fleets will be, and defenses is a complete crapshoot until after an enemy invasion defeats them.
both not the world's largest issues (since the game spoils relative invasion fleet strength in both aspects already), but, it could be mitigated with some flavor text that changes as the numbers go up, the way colony population does, to give players a broad idea of what to expect from the colony. Something like, "can do little more than flip a switch on a comms relay" to "could give unsavory elements a run for their money" to "can stand toe to toe with the average invasion fleet". Plus a little flavor text never hurt anybody*
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then