Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Add more warcrimes  (Read 2687 times)

HighTechBestTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Add more warcrimes
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 10:15:02 PM »

I mostly think its kind of weird to capture crews alive after battle. You'd think they wouldn't want to serve you after you killed most of their friends right? Honestly the one feature I would like is being able to convert captured crews into organs instead.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 11:38:54 PM »

You'd think they wouldn't want to serve you after you killed most of their friends right?
Assuming they are friends to the faction and weren't just press ganged...

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2021, 02:08:03 AM »

I mostly think its kind of weird to capture crews alive after battle. You'd think they wouldn't want to serve you after you killed most of their friends right? Honestly the one feature I would like is being able to convert captured crews into organs instead.
Can you do that in vanilla? I thought that was a Nex feature, and that in vanilla you'll only ever save your own crew.

Which, you know, itself probably counts as a war crime, leaving defeated but not yet dead enemies to die. Not that I think anyone with any kind of authority cares about keeping track, so long as excessive crew casualties remain the bread and butter of Low Tech and non-drone carriers. Be mighty inconvenient if people had to switch over to Tri-Tachyon's High Tech fleet doctrines...

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 02:55:31 AM »

that line of logic would hold up if it werent for the fact that you can buy crew from hostile markets. they didnt sign up to serve on that faction's fleet bc they love that faction, they put a contract up for sale & that faction just happened to be the ones who bought it. If that faction couldnt protect them well enough to keep the ship they were crewing alive then I dont see why they'd have an issue with switching sides to the faction that won the battle they just lost -- if nothing that would look like the smart side to be on if you valued your skin
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2021, 05:59:11 AM »

What do war crimes do?  They make everyone except Diktat, TT, and criminals angry at your faction.  Real annoyance.  It is becomes too common or easy, then player can expect to be at war with nearly everyone (and Diktat and TT will be after you anyway for making a space buck).

Should be not too quick to add more war crimes, unless we want or expect the player to kill off everyone (by sat bombing their worlds until they disappear).

ElPresidente

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2021, 11:55:00 PM »

reckless use of AI cores

one of these is not like the other

Indeed. The game portrays at as a huge risk and great danger, but the gameplay doesn't follow. There is no real downsides to using AI cores.
Until the AI can rebel and take your colonies, I'll consider it's implementation a failure.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 01:59:50 AM »

reckless use of AI cores

one of these is not like the other

Indeed. The game portrays at as a huge risk and great danger, but the gameplay doesn't follow. There is no real downsides to using AI cores.
Until the AI can rebel and take your colonies, I'll consider it's implementation a failure.

same with the
Spoiler
gates
[close]
! That one actually annoys me deeply -- it's a central pillar of the game's premise, so going back on it almost immediately (
Spoiler
being a reward for the only(?) questline
[close]
), kind of sucks. It'd be a super easy fix, too; just explain in gameplay terms why the gates got shut down. Make them a clown-car of [redacted] with a 1% chance of exploding into either the starting or destination system every time you use one
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 02:37:04 AM »

The problem with both of those ideas is that too great a risk and people would simply never use the option. "Here's a 1% chance to completely kill your entire fleet and/or permanently destroy the system you're in/going to every time you use this cool thing" is not a reward, it's an invitation to savescum like crazy until you're so tired of it you just ignore the feature entirely. Similarly for colony AI cores, there's very little that AI cores can do which does not boil down to "make me more money". If I had a choice between risking AI cores taking over my colonies or just AFKing for an ingame month to achieve the same end result - more money - why would I ever go with the former? Hell, if I had a choice between using AI cores to make me more money at the risk of them taking over my colonies, or selling said AI cores and making money with no attached risk, why would I ever use AI cores as anything but vendor trash?

HighTechBestTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 11:15:05 AM »

What do war crimes do?  They make everyone except Diktat, TT, and criminals angry at your faction.  Real annoyance.  It is becomes too common or easy, then player can expect to be at war with nearly everyone (and Diktat and TT will be after you anyway for making a space buck).

Should be not too quick to add more war crimes, unless we want or expect the player to kill off everyone (by sat bombing their worlds until they disappear).

I mean, sat bombing does exactly that and its still in the game. I'd assume harvesting the organs of captured crew would be harder for others to find out about.
Pages: 1 [2]