Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 150914 times)

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.1.1 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2022, 03:58:59 PM »

I think your proposed contraband changes are a slightly confusing user experience. I see how it's functionally very similar to moving the items to the more restricted market, but it is visually confusing and eliminates the in-game distinction between the regular and military market. It's also not identical to moving items in the case where there is no military market (I would expect contraband in that case to be either moved to the black market or just removed entirely).

What I'd expected was that you were going to use the vanilla contraband mechanics to prevent players from selling contraband to the regular market. The way that drugs / AI cores / organs show up with a red background and don't allow the sale (but you can still sell them to the military market as part of a "buyback program").

In my (personal) perfect world, the civilian market would only show me items it's allowed to sell and I would see that red filter on all sales of weapons / military ships to it. Buying a military ship should require that I get it off a military base or the black market.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2022, 05:23:57 AM »

After testing both, I have decided to follow Chronia's and SCC's recommendation:

# Military regulation behaviour - true to remove illegal items and ships, false to just make them illegal.
    "militaryRegulationsRemoveIllegal": true,

So by default it will behave the same as currently. This leave me in a limbo with the contraband, as right now it will only work with the above set to false. I am honestly tired of it (it was a band aid to bad, or rather NO weapon selection, back from when Black Market was also regulated). I would like to simply remove it.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2022, 05:32:45 AM »

I mean, ultimately it's your mod, so I say implement it how you like. Don't let us backseat the mod too hard; we're just trying to give feedback on what'd be cool to see and what felt neat in previous versions, but in the end it ought to be your vision that says what goes.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2022, 05:47:54 AM »

just make arms dealers common as dirt, ez fix

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2022, 12:17:30 PM »

I mean, ultimately it's your mod, so I say implement it how you like. Don't let us backseat the mod too hard; we're just trying to give feedback on what'd be cool to see and what felt neat in previous versions, but in the end it ought to be your vision that says what goes.

+1

@jaghaimo, please don't take my feedback as pressure to change your implementation, especially if it's burning you out on the idea itself! I'm just enthusiastic about how much the d-mod + contraband modules changed the tone of my last playthrough and wanted to share my thoughts :)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2022, 02:29:47 AM »

Right, Starpocalypse update is finished - enjoy! Had to do one unfortunate change:

## UTILITY MOD - READ THIS!
    # Traditionally, Starpocalypse has been a utility mod, meaning you can disable the mod at will without breaking
    # your save. Unfortunately, the new implementation requires additional API methods to be added in order to correctly
    # persist progress while still being a utility mod. As such, I have decided to temporarily BREAK the utility
    # aspect of the mod. To enable utility aspect of the mod, set below to true. The consequence of playing with
    # `isUtility` enabled is:
    # 1. Suspicion level will reset each time you save. Trade on black market and get suspicion level to say `extreme`,
    #    leave the market, save the game, dock and notice suspicion level dropping to `none`.
    # 2. Delayed reputation change due to legal trade will not happen if you save too early after the trade.
    # This option will be removed (and mod becomes a true utility mod again) once new API calls are released.
    # For details see: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23826
    "isUtility": false,

What does this mean? Only that you cannot remove this mod by default and expect your save to work. You will need to set the "isUtility" to true first, and only after saving the game with it being true, the mod can be removed.

Regarding discussion about behaviour - this is the mod for both you and me. As such, I am open to discussion, and to take direction from my userbase. In this case, I have decided to proceed with new implementation (as it is much cleaner, performant, and needs less code) but:

- Retain old behaviour for Open Market (remove illegal). Tier 0 weapons, LPCs, modspecs, and ships under 6 FP are legal.
- Open Market retains its legal/illegal CSV list (put "Hound" to make a ship always legal, put "!Cerberus" to make it always illegal).
- No items are moved between markets (performance increase, complexity decrease).
- Stability affects legality on Military Market directly (old implementation), otherwise vanilla Military Market rules are used.
- Trading with transponder off will now raise suspicion (0.5 by default, turning transponder off reduces suspicion gain by 50% instead of fully).
- Shy Black Market is still here, but is off by default.

To make the game harder, set "transparentMarketMult" to 1 or 2, and enable Shy Black Market. Pain intensifies...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 08:45:45 AM by Jaghaimo »

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.2.0 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »

Would it be possible to make Shy Black Market have its own faction list not tied to regulation? Something like shyBlackMarketFaction.csv? It could have the same setup as militaryRegulationFaction by default. Personally I'd like to set it up so that indies and a couple other factions have a shy black market but no regulation.

More items in raidProtectorItem? fullerene_spool should definitely be in there imo (Hegemony, stealing food planet's space elevator, etc)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 02:28:51 PM by PreConceptor »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2022, 06:08:53 AM »

Working on 2.2.1 right now, which is immediate bugfix release:

- New uninstaller mod (disable main mod, enable uninstaller, load game and then save to remove Starpocalypse).
- Add all special colony items to raid protector.
- Fix `null` in Shy Black Market description (now shows correct suspicion level).
- Fix F1 tooltip for commodities not showing regulated markets.

Shy Black Market changes will have to be deferred to 2.2.0, I really need to focus on finishing Stelnet 2.4.0! Sorry PreConceptor.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 06:13:10 AM by Jaghaimo »

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »

Cross-mod bug report:

Industrial Evolution [2.2.h] contains ../data/starpocalypse/shipDamageSubmarket.csv (and militaryRegulationSubmarket.csv) which contains the block-list of markets:

submarket
!IndEvo_RepairStorage
!IndEvo_tempStorage
!IndEvo_ReqCenterMarket
!IndEvo_DeconstStorage
!IndEvo_EngStorage
!IndEvo_SharedStore

As far as I can tell these are formatted correctly, but in-game additional dMods are still being applied to them. I first noticed this with the repair yard, which successfully repairs the ship only for it to have a new selection of dMods when you go to pick it up. Maybe it's like those sketchy mechanic shops that cause damage so that they can charge you fix it? ;D

Anyway,  if that .csv is in the right spot for Starpocalypse to pick it up, this seems to be a bug.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2022, 02:36:01 PM »

Hi Chronia, I have just spoken with Hartley. What has happened is that in 1.x to 2.x update those lists moved on my end. In IndEvo you want to move "data/starpocalypse/" to "settings/" and make sure the actual files has not been renamed as well (compare against "settings/" folder in Starpocalypse).

This is fixed in the upcoming 2.2.1.

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:01 PM »

Awesome, thanks! I thought that might be the case, I'll shuffle things around on my end in the meantime.

virgil_182

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »

Oops... just noticed this has already been reported, and with better detail than mine.  ;)

This is an awesome mod, I can't imagine playing without it. The universe full of ships with DMods feature gives the game and ships so much more character.

I'd like to report a minor mod incompatibility, if I may...

The Industrial Evolution mod adds repair docks that you can leave ships at and have DMods repaired over time. Unfortunately however, this mod simply adds new ones back in their place, making the feature work like a pay to get different Dmods service. Not entirely bad if you just want to get rid of a specific Dmod, but it would be nice if Starpocalypse wouldn't add new ones back to ships repaired at Industrial Evolution repair docks.

Thanks for your time, and a fantastic mod.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 09:04:25 PM by virgil_182 »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.2.1 - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2022, 03:32:51 AM »

All of the reported bugs have now been fixed. Enjoy 2.2.1 release.

- An unfortunate name change in `mod_info.json` to assure correct load order (leading space).
- Add fence cut (Black Market tariff, because you need someone to contact the underworld).
- Add all special colony items to raid protector.
- Add Industrial Evolution integration (raid protector and ship damager).
- Add various modded faction to `reputationBlacklist.csv`.
- Fix `null` in Shy Black Market description (now shows correct suspicion level).
- Fix Stellar Networks compatibility (no longer requires custom markets).
- Fix F1 tooltip for commodities not showing regulated markets.
- Add Transparent Markets - even with transponder off, suspicion will still build up, but at half speed.
- Enable Shy Black Market by default.
- Move `settings` to `data/starpocalypse` for easier cross-mod compatibility.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 03:34:28 AM by Jaghaimo »

Jarolegon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2022, 07:40:24 AM »

This looks and sounds like an amazing mod, however after installing latest version i've noticed weapon restrictions don't work on open market. Almost everybody sell all common weapons and certain fighters freely(like mark IX autocannon, hellbore cannon, hammer barrage, thumper and talons with broadswords). However heavy armaments and marines are correctly unavailable. The game is updated to the latest version and no other mods are installed. Was this intended change or is there some issue on my end? Here's how sindrian open market looks in my game

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 07:44:41 AM by Jarolegon »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2022, 07:49:12 AM »

All tier 0 (so weakest) weapons are now legal. So are tier 0 modspecs and <= 5 FP combat ships. Yes, this is an intentional change to let the player arm themselves with basics. But perhaps for veteran Staprocalypse players this might be too easy...

I will make it configurable, and then change tier 0 to be illegal again (so you need to find some basic gear in Military Market).

Edit: This new config will look like this (consider 2.2.1 to be easy mode):
    # Weapon and modspec tier, and combat ship FP at which they become illegal.
    "regulationMinIllegalTier": 0, # easy mode: 1
    "regulationMinIllegalFP": 0, # easy mode: 5
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 07:58:06 AM by Jaghaimo »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15