Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 149739 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Starpocalypse 2.3.2 - more apocalyptic settings
« on: May 28, 2021, 01:42:56 AM »

Starpocalypse is no longer being maintained. Last working build is available for 0.95.1a. Repository is archived (accessible but read-only). The successor to this mod can be found here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26969.0

Spoiler
Starpocalypse
Reduce weapon and combat ship availability, and make NPC colonies stronger.

This minimod makes the following changes to the campaign layer of Starsector:

Weapons and combat ships are scarce and highly regulated. As such, only Military Markets (and those pesky Black Markets) will sell higher tier weapons, LPCs, modspecs, and combat ships. Open Markets still sell civilian grade ships and low tier combat ships and items.
       - Lawless factions (e.g. pirates and pathers) and independents do not submit to this rule of law. You can still find high tier weapons and combat ships at their bases (both core and raider).
       - Contraband can happen, and when stability is low, some weapons and ships from Military Market can become "legal".
    There are no pristine ships any more, everything is d-modded. Including your starting fleet.
    Access to most Black Markets is impossible while legally docked at the station. Speaking of access, you will need to use a fence who will ask for a cut (displayed as tariff for now).
    Factions are armed to the teeth. Any non-hidden market has at least an orbiting station, ground defences, and patrol HQ. Hidden bases (pirates and pathers raider bases) only get ground defences.
    Your actions have consequences. When defeating a fleet, your reputation with seemingly unrelated factions changes as well. Enemies of your enemy start to like you a bit, while their friends, less.
       - Similarly, targetting any colony item will be deemed as an act of war.
    Blueprint packages are no longer lootable. You will have to collect blueprints one by one.
    And speaking of salvage, everything needs a story point.
    Finally, a skill is needed to use s-mods at all (no skill = 0 s-mods, with skill = 1 s-mod).

For information how mod works and how to configure it, read README.md.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 01:12:13 AM by Jaghaimo »

ElPresidente

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.1.0 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 04:37:47 AM »

Interdasting.
Makes looting a lot more desireable.

Restoration prices and buy/sell modifiers would probably need tweaking.

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 07:14:21 AM »

Savage mod, I love the direction it's going. As we discussed in the other thread, there are still vanilla loopholes for acquiring stuff too effortlessly like blueprints that need to be balanced.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 04:33:45 PM »

only Military Markets sell weapons, LPCs, and combat ships. Open Markets and Black Markets still sell civilian grade ships, albeit of inferior quality
Okay, I get the scarcity thing but I think that Black Market should still have some low tier/low tech weapons but not ships. They are small enough to fit into cargo holds and they are common enough to be logical.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 11:46:53 PM »

Okay, I get the scarcity thing but I think that Black Market should still have some low tier/low tech weapons but not ships. They are small enough to fit into cargo holds and they are common enough to be logical.

It will be configurable from next version. Perhaps a saner default will then become to keep frigates in black market only.

Right now, only hidden markets (like raider bases) are not touched. But one of them is in core worlds - Kanta's Den.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:08:47 AM by Jaghaimo »

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 01:44:50 AM »

As such, only Military Markets sell weapons, LPCs, and combat ships.

Does this limitation include combat freighters without the civilian hullmod such as Wayfarers or Cerberuses?

Factions are armed to the teeth. Any non-hidden market has at least an orbiting station, ground defences, and patrol HQ.

Does this include Indie markets?

As for overall mod idea, I like it. Part of what makes the game so easy and faction relationships such a non-factor is how trivially you can procure warships from anyone. Anything that makes obtaining true warships a real challenge is welcome.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 01:48:25 AM »

It will be configurable from next version. Perhaps a saner default will then become to keep frigates in black market only.

Right now, only hidden markets (like raider bases) are not touched. But one of them is in core worlds - Kanta's Den.
Considering Tempest exists - I would rather have a whitelist of ships that can stay in the black or open market. Though I'd probably sprinkle some d-mods on those ships anyway.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »

As such, only Military Markets sell weapons, LPCs, and combat ships.

Does this limitation include combat freighters without the civilian hullmod such as Wayfarers or Cerberuses?

Factions are armed to the teeth. Any non-hidden market has at least an orbiting station, ground defences, and patrol HQ.

Does this include Indie markets?

If it does not have "civilian grade" hullmod it will be removed.
Yes, Indie markets are included by default. You can edit various csv files in "data/starpocalypse" folder to change this behaviour.

Considering Tempest exists - I would rather have a whitelist of ships that can stay in the black or open market. Though I'd probably sprinkle some d-mods on those ships anyway.

In the upcoming version the d-modifications will be detached from removal logic, thus having its own whitelist csv. By default, all ships (those that survived the culling, and those that were survived or were ignored in hidden markets) will be given extra d-mod.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:22 AM »

Yes.

The Path must be ardous to reach Ludd's vision!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »

only Military Markets sell weapons, LPCs, and combat ships. Open Markets and Black Markets still sell civilian grade ships, albeit of inferior quality
Eh, I can believe Black Markets would have military grade ships for sale (planets are pretty big after all and a ship, even a battleship, is comparatively small). What buying one should do though is jack your suspicion through the roof if you've got your transponder on. Maybe have a "smuggled ship" flag for any black market military ship that'll be detected by a patrol scan that lasts a week of game time.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starpocalypse 1.1.1 - fortresses and regulations
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »

Liking the concept. I had an idea recently that might fit into the theme of this mod:

If a faction exists and it's blueprints are being used by another faction, cause a Nexerelin diplomatic event (if installed) between the two factions, and the faction sends a raid to retrieve it's blueprints from the planet/station. The raid should be tailored to retrieve the faction blueprints, and if successful then the blueprints should no longer be available for use by the target faction.

There are some other things that could be added to this, like allowing a faction to use blueprints if they have a high Nexerelin relationship (or player relationship).

-
Editing to add that a decent workaround for military ships on the black market might be stability, where lower stability means more and higher quality (fewer d-mod) military ships for sale, in combination with the existing factors that determine amount and quality of ships available on the black market. There are a few neat things here, not least of which would be that destabilizing a world would be a really good way to get one's hands on that faction's ships.

Also, if you do Nexerelin integration, I could see a neat case where military ships end up on black markets nearby to the two warring factions, as a result of derelict ships being salvaged and repaired for sale.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:11:01 PM by dostillevi »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2021, 10:07:05 PM »

Since you've already touched it:
Can we have accessibility reduction due to hostile faction become final multiplier penalty?
So if you have a planet that was supposed to have 200% and -50% due to hostility it's 100% instead of 150%

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 12:03:26 AM »

Added an issue for Black Market's stability based weapon and ship culling survival (that's long winded, heh).

Everything else mentioned, while interesting, is more fitted for Nex than this mod.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »

Yes! If my vote counts for anything, then black markets carrying combat frigates (trashed though they may be) should definitely be default.  :D

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 11:58:42 AM »

Did you manage to have a blanket condition for this, or are modded factions going to have to be added independently?  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15