Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] Unpack Blueprints  (Read 60019 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Unpack Blueprints
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:20:29 AM »

I don't remember if I ever released this for 0.91, but I can confirm it still works in the latest version, so here we go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QVals0-Q_PsGjyn1nWTf2Roa6CQroI3/view?usp=sharing

This simple mod changes how packages work. With the mod installed using a blueprint package unlocks nothing. Instead, it gives you a single blueprint for each item in the package.

By default the only packages that are affected are those that are in vanilla, although it should be relatively easy to manually adjust mod-added packages just by changing the script they call.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Unpack Blueprints
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »

REALLY hope the other creators pick this up.

VERY nice idea.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

REALLY hope the other creators pick this up.

VERY nice idea.
As long as the added package still calls [...]MultiBlueprintItemPlugin in the special_items.csv, you can manually change it to "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" and it should work without issue (although I haven't personally tested it).

If it doesn't call MultiBlueprintItenPlugin then it's doing something special and I would advise against changing it.

TheHalfwayXBray

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 06:24:52 PM »

I seem to have found a glitch with the mod, whenever I unpack a High Tech Blueprint Package, it gives me all the blueprints, but it doesn't delete the blueprint package so I can keep unpacking it to infinity. After some more testing, It might be a conflict with another mod since every Package seems to do it after being opened once.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:07:39 PM by TheHalfwayXBray »

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 06:17:33 PM »

I seem to have found a glitch with the mod, whenever I unpack a High Tech Blueprint Package, it gives me all the blueprints, but it doesn't delete the blueprint package so I can keep unpacking it to infinity. After some more testing, It might be a conflict with another mod since every Package seems to do it after being opened once.
ive also run into this bug as well

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »

Hmm, once is happenstance, twice...

Could I perchance have a mod list from both of you, as I'm currently unable to reproduce it, so presumably it's a mod conflict of some sort.
(Although I'm lost as to what could be the cause, this mod specifically repoints packages to try and avoid this - nothing done to the vanilla script should be able to effect this.)

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 12:31:39 PM »

As long as the added package still calls [...]MultiBlueprintItemPlugin in the special_items.csv, you can manually change it to "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" and it should work without issue (although I haven't personally tested it).

If it doesn't call MultiBlueprintItenPlugin then it's doing something special and I would advise against changing it.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong testing this theory of yours but it's not working for Archean Order (I know, probably the worst mod to try this with lol)

It just crashes with being unable to find the script, when it finishes loading and tries to enter the menu.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:40:59 AM by Raio_Verusia »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 06:39:50 AM »

Hmm, I'd download to check it out, but that would require a nexus mods accounts.
You changed the entirety of plugin entry to data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints?
Was it originally something ending in MultiBlueprintItemPlugin?

Follow up question: Is UnpackBlueprints an active mod for you?

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »

It happens with all blueprint packages

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 05:27:07 PM »

Hmm, I'd download to check it out, but that would require a nexus mods accounts.

Maybe you can tell me if this is the right way to do it, but I went into AO's Special_Items.csv, ctrl f'd, clicked find all and replaced everything "MultiBlueprintItemPlugin" with (with and without quotations) "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" a few times and nuffin. The launcher says it's enabled but I had a similar issue with a mod failing to initialize (if that is infact happening) with Quality Captains' 1.0.8 update. I had to modify the mod.json to get that one to work, uncommenting a line but I did not check for that with this mod.

It happens with all blueprint packages

Are you using any other mods? This particular issue Yunru's been looking at I think, but they don't see an issue so if you gave a mod list they can potentially come up with a fix.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:31:19 PM by Raio_Verusia »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 02:29:41 AM »

Maybe you can tell me if this is the right way to do it, but I went into AO's Special_Items.csv, ctrl f'd, clicked find all and replaced everything "MultiBlueprintItemPlugin" with (with and without quotations) "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" a few times and nuffin. The launcher says it's enabled but I had a similar issue with a mod failing to initialize (if that is infact happening) with Quality Captains' 1.0.8 update. I had to modify the mod.json to get that one to work, uncommenting a line but I did not check for that with this mod.
Ah yeah, find and replace would explain it. MultiBlueprintItemPlugin is just the end bit of a very long address, all of which needs to be replaced, otherwise the fame will be looking in a non-existent location.

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 07:26:21 AM »

Ah yeah, find and replace would explain it. MultiBlueprintItemPlugin is just the end bit of a very long address, all of which needs to be replaced, otherwise the fame will be looking in a non-existent location.

Haha sorry, this stuff is so far out of my expertise... I managed to figure it out thanks to this reply and it's working, thanks a whole lot!

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 12:39:22 AM »

BUG?

Luddic Path Blueprint Package,LP_package,package_bp,,18000,1000,1,graphics/icons/cargo/blueprint_basic.png,ui_chip_pickup,ui_bp_package_drop,data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints,LP_bp,A collection of hacks and after-market modification specs that enables heavy industry to construct the hulls more commonly used by members of the Luddic Path.,250

XIV Battlegroup Blueprint Package,XIV_package,"package_bp, no_drop",,1000000,1000,1,graphics/icons/cargo/blueprint_basic.png,ui_chip_pickup,ui_bp_package_drop,data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints,XIV_bp,A set of blueprints that enable heavy industry to produce the near-legendary hulls employed by the Hegemony-founding XIV Battlegroup. The continued existence - and location - of these blueprints is subject of many rumors.,270

All the others have section with " (text discription)  "  but this is missing it, so I added it in, like this:

Luddic Path Blueprint Package,LP_package,package_bp,,18000,1000,1,graphics/icons/cargo/blueprint_basic.png,ui_chip_pickup,ui_bp_package_drop,data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints,LP_bp,"A collection of hacks and after-market modification specs that enables heavy industry to construct the hulls more commonly used by members of the Luddic Path.",250

XIV Battlegroup Blueprint Package,XIV_package,"package_bp, no_drop",,1000000,1000,1,graphics/icons/cargo/blueprint_basic.png,ui_chip_pickup,ui_bp_package_drop,data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints,XIV_bp,"A set of blueprints that enable heavy industry to produce the near-legendary hulls employed by the Hegemony-founding XIV Battlegroup. The continued existence - and location - of these blueprints is subject of many rumors.",270

*^ I am not to sure about this now because I noticed HMI has some without the quotes as well...

I hope I did the right thing. I added in HMI's special items to the list but the mod didn't work, so my adding it didn't seem to do what I thought this mod would do and add them individually when opened. I am going to remove my added code and see if that will work by default and it doesn't have to be added into this mod. (I thought I had to add it in and will see if that works but I don't think it will).

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 02:20:15 AM »

BUG?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do or what you did but if you're editing unpack's files to add another mod's special_items.csv to unpack, stop right there. If you want HMI's BPs to unpack like Vanilla's, go to HMI/data/campaign/special_items.csv

Once that is open, check the list of BPs and see if they call "MultiBlueprintItemPlugin". If they do, select that entire call (example from Magellan: "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.MultiBlueprintItemPlugin") replace it with "data.scripts.UnpackBlueprints" no quotations.
Pages: [1] 2