Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 123295 times)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.3.0a
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2023, 05:04:49 AM »

It seems like a lot of my ships are over their OP limits after the update, none of them felt over powered(aside from the Susanowo I have in a different save I haven't checked) before the update so it just feels weird.

That is weird. I did not adjust any OP at all. Are those only occur with ships and weapons from this mod?
Only ships from this mod, and while most have weapons(and some times fighters) from other mods I only updated this mod.

Addition: This was the first time I updated the mod since first using it on the 11th, so maybe that's why?

Man I can't remember if I changed any ship OP. I might did it in 1.3.0 by my life is a bit hectic so I forgot a lot of stuff. If you think the balance is bad just let me know.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.3.0c
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2023, 09:47:59 AM »

Unfortunate to see the inclusion of AI-image-theft content in this mod, definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Especially when the rest of the mod is very well crafted.
Spoken like someone who has no idea how AI image generation works.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2023, 10:30:57 AM »

It seems like a lot of my ships are over their OP limits after the update, none of them felt over powered(aside from the Susanowo I have in a different save I haven't checked) before the update so it just feels weird.

That is weird. I did not adjust any OP at all. Are those only occur with ships and weapons from this mod?
Only ships from this mod, and while most have weapons(and some times fighters) from other mods I only updated this mod.

Addition: This was the first time I updated the mod since first using it on the 11th, so maybe that's why?

Man I can't remember if I changed any ship OP. I might did it in 1.3.0 by my life is a bit hectic so I forgot a lot of stuff. If you think the balance is bad just let me know.
Currently my only suggestion for adjusting the balance of existing ships would be to bring the OP limits of the Kuzuryu and Hachiman up to 205 like the Watatsumi.

Addition: Actually, the addition of a rare variant of the Kuzuryu with more typical size main battery firing arcs would be kinda nice, how it would best be implemented I'm not sure, but the first things that come to mind would be a blueprint more common than either of the special battleships, but also more rare than the normal ships, and either having it appear for sale at rates comparable to the normal battleships, or a one of a kind reward for doing something. Perhaps in the case of it being a one of a kind find, you could get the blueprint with the special ship itself?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 10:44:01 AM by [REDACTED] »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2023, 10:40:15 AM »

Currently my only suggestion for adjusting the balance of existing ships would be to bring the OP limits of the Kuzuryu and Hachiman up to 205 like the Watatsumi.

Okay, let me try that out!

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.3.1
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2023, 07:00:08 PM »

Added the first pirate-faction ship to the game. This thing is super cool. I have so much fun patching this together!

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2023, 08:54:10 PM »

A couple ideas just occurred to me, first and the one that fits this mod the most, a few new ships the over-all ideas of which I'll list shortly, the second idea is a combination of a mildly inaccurate historical reference and joke, a couple pirate ships that instead of being modified Musashi ships are labeled as pirate designs and are inspired by German and British destroyers(since subs aren't currently an option).

Back to the first idea, the over-all ideas are: an early battleship or two, a heavy cruiser, and a heavy destroyer
-Early battleships as I imagine them would be inspired by pre-dreadnaughts having 2 large ballistic mounts, 4-6 medium mounts, and several small mounts, while also being less armored than "modern" battleships like the Amaterasu

-the Heavy cruiser, the general idea being something faster than a battlecruiser but not quite as powerful, while still having more medium and small ballistic mounts than the other non-battlecruiser cruisers, perhaps a new medium twin gun turret could be added as it's intended main armament(a 2 gun version of the Kitsune without a range finder?)

-the Heavy(or maybe it should be labeled "advanced"?) destroyer, an abnormally large and heavily armed destroyer of comparable size to the Gongen, with the ballistic armament of the Kisshoten, but also having mounts for 2 medium missiles as well, while it may be big and well armed, it's still a destroyer and  as such has poor armor for it's size(compared to it's cruiser counterparts).

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2023, 06:12:01 AM »

A couple ideas just occurred to me, first and the one that fits this mod the most, a few new ships the over-all ideas of which I'll list shortly, the second idea is a combination of a mildly inaccurate historical reference and joke, a couple pirate ships that instead of being modified Musashi ships are labeled as pirate designs and are inspired by German and British destroyers(since subs aren't currently an option).

Back to the first idea, the over-all ideas are: an early battleship or two, a heavy cruiser, and a heavy destroyer
-Early battleships as I imagine them would be inspired by pre-dreadnaughts having 2 large ballistic mounts, 4-6 medium mounts, and several small mounts, while also being less armored than "modern" battleships like the Amaterasu

-the Heavy cruiser, the general idea being something faster than a battlecruiser but not quite as powerful, while still having more medium and small ballistic mounts than the other non-battlecruiser cruisers, perhaps a new medium twin gun turret could be added as it's intended main armament(a 2 gun version of the Kitsune without a range finder?)

-the Heavy(or maybe it should be labeled "advanced"?) destroyer, an abnormally large and heavily armed destroyer of comparable size to the Gongen, with the ballistic armament of the Kisshoten, but also having mounts for 2 medium missiles as well, while it may be big and well armed, it's still a destroyer and  as such has poor armor for it's size(compared to it's cruiser counterparts).

Thanks, man. If I make a dreadnaught-era ship, I will also make a circular turret that goes with it.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.3.2
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2023, 07:19:40 PM »

I finally got a chance to redesign the Ebisu!

YukitoOnline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2023, 06:34:33 AM »

10/10
Like the redesigns for the Ebisu ships.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2023, 07:19:11 AM »

10/10

Thanks  ;D. I refrained from using them before because of their design. Now I felt better to put them in my fleet. I think the largest size is a bit small but I will see how I feel in my playthrough.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2023, 01:33:50 PM »

I have been exploring most of the sector without finding the main blueprint which make me realize that I was stupidly set to be super rare. I've adjusted those a bit and reuploaded the mod with the same release code 1.3.2. You don't have to replace the whole mod, just replace the special_items.csv also works.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2023, 09:27:40 PM »

10/10

Thanks  ;D. I refrained from using them before because of their design. Now I felt better to put them in my fleet. I think the largest size is a bit small but I will see how I feel in my playthrough.
What about an XL variant that is essentially just an Ebisu-L stretched to Amaterasu length, and perhaps a battlecarrier with at least 3 large turret mounts based on the Bishamonten?

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 04, 2023, 12:59:36 AM »

Just found the Basan, 24k per turret seems like a lot to me, and I found that part of it's description says "accerlated", I assume this is supposed to be "accelerated"

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 04, 2023, 08:29:12 AM »

Just found the Basan, 24k per turret seems like a lot to me, and I found that part of it's description says "accerlated", I assume this is supposed to be "accelerated"

Thanks, man. I will update the string and price. How is the gun itself?

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2023, 08:31:24 AM »

10/10

What about an XL variant that is essentially just an Ebisu-L stretched to Amaterasu length, and perhaps a battlecarrier with at least 3 large turret mounts based on the Bishamonten?

The XL variant seems cool. I'm not sure how the one based on Bishamonten would look but that might also be a good idea. I plan to update the sprite on Kuzuryu and Bishamonten, too. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20