Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon 1.4.3d Variant Fix  (Read 123290 times)

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.9
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2023, 10:37:48 PM »

I just noticed on my new playthrough today that the ebisu_s engine is misplaced. It is updated.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.9d
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2023, 11:42:32 AM »

I noticed that Bishamonten's front turret can look awkward with some weapons so I update the artwork a bit. I also added a new blueprint that when found provides Bishamonten and Onryu Rift Cannon. It's supposed to be super rare so good luck!
- Adjust the artwork of Bishamonten. The front of the ship is now longer. The idea is to make the frontmost turret placement feel less awkward.
- Add a new specific blueprint that when found allows you to build both the Bishamonten and Onryu Rift Cannon.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2023, 10:27:24 PM »

I feel like submarines could be an interesting addition.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2023, 07:33:23 AM »

Yea, man! I just have to figured out a way to make them look cool. Currently, I'm planning to add some torpedos and torpedo boats.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2023, 07:42:23 AM »

Yea, man! I just have to figured out a way to make them look cool. Currently, I'm planning to add some torpedos and torpedo boats.
Using some of history's more unusual submarine designs could help with making them at look interesting, things like the I-400 class, and Surcouf for example, aside from that my ideas for naval ships in space would best be used as a different mod entirely.

Small addition: I think the best way to represent the submersible aspect of submarines would be to make them phase ships, and considering their armaments I think the smaller ones would best be treated as frigates, larger ones(like the ones I suggested above) treated as destroyers
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:03:02 AM by [REDACTED] »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2023, 04:10:55 PM »

I saw on Reddit posts that the Ebisu_S is quite OP. Is that true? What do you guys think? Personally, I don't use them much as I'm not a fan of their look, even though I designed them.  ;D So they have not been through much testing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:23:19 PM by PuffyJelly »

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2023, 04:37:38 PM »

I saw on Reddit posts that the Ebisu_S is quite OP. Is that true? What do you guys think? Personally, I don't use them much as I'm not a fan of their look, even though I designed them.  ;D So they have not been through much testing.
If they are overpowered I haven't noticed, same would go for everything else I've used from this mod which is most of the easily obtained ships(exceptions being the Kojin and Hoderi).

Some even feel kinda underpowered such as the Kuzuryu which even after making the main battery turrets fully capable of rotating I still often lose against decent size enemy fleets, and I've only found the Idaten usable in the tutorial, make of that what you will.

And finally, I've yet to obtain a Susanowo so I can't comment on it's balance.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2023, 04:54:20 PM »

If they are overpowered I haven't noticed, same would go for everything else I've used from this mod which is most of the easily obtained ships(exceptions being the Kojin and Hoderi).

Some even feel kinda underpowered such as the Kuzuryu which even after making the main battery turrets fully capable of rotating I still often lose against decent size enemy fleets, and I've only found the Idaten usable in the tutorial, make of that what you will.

And finally, I've yet to obtain a Susanowo so I can't comment on it's balance.

Susanowo was really hard for me to balance. Esppecially with the way its cannon is designed. Not very sure how usable in the real world situation but give it a try! I really loke the look of the ship.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2023, 05:24:14 PM »

Susanowo was really hard for me to balance. Esppecially with the way its cannon is designed. Not very sure how usable in the real world situation but give it a try! I really loke the look of the ship.
I think the 4 middle main battery turrets would need to be spaced farther apart to work reasonably well IRL since they look like they could collide in the image showing all the ships, aside from that the turret layout would mean 1/3 to 1/2 of the main guns couldn't aim at the same target as the rest of them.

Also, the main reason I haven't used the Susanowo yet is that I haven't figured out how to obtain it, everything else Im managed to either buy, or had one built.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2023, 05:35:42 PM »

You should be able to get a rare blueprint of it. I think taht is the only way.

The turrent placements are designed that way so that they are not too overpowered. You can only use mostly 4 of them at the same time and would need to be in a pretty steep angle. But each cannon shot three missile-like bullets that go for miles and explode. Not sure how effective would those be but they are very cool.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2023, 12:59:12 AM »

You should be able to get a rare blueprint of it. I think taht is the only way.

The turrent placements are designed that way so that they are not too overpowered. You can only use mostly 4 of them at the same time and would need to be in a pretty steep angle. But each cannon shot three missile-like bullets that go for miles and explode. Not sure how effective would those be but they are very cool.
I finally found the blueprint and had one made. I, uh... cant provide it the flux dissipation it requires, even with a buff I gave vents the dissipation is only 4178 with the max number of vents, weapon flux per second is 9816.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2023, 09:33:46 AM »

I finally found the blueprint and had one made. I, uh... cant provide it the flux dissipation it requires, even with a buff I gave vents the dissipation is only 4178 with the max number of vents, weapon flux per second is 9816.
[/quote]

Try putting the rail rifles from this mod both the mid-size and large size. Then alternate between the large battery and rail rifles. Only fire the large cannon while using the special ability. That seems to work pretty well for me but let me know how that goes.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2023, 06:29:44 PM »

Try putting the rail rifles from this mod both the mid-size and large size. Then alternate between the large battery and rail rifles. Only fire the large cannon while using the special ability. That seems to work pretty well for me but let me know how that goes.
[/quote]

Actually, it seems to work just fine in my configuration using 9 kitsune flak batteries, 1 kirin burst battery, and 18 rampart PD coilguns from the UNSC mod in addition to the built-in weapons. I have yet to see it take substantial damage in any of the fights I've taken it into.

Addition, I have no idea what's going on with quotes seemingly not working correctly.

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2023, 06:46:40 PM »

Actually, it seems to work just fine in my configuration using 9 kitsune flak batteries, 1 kirin burst battery, and 18 rampart PD coilguns from the UNSC mod in addition to the built-in weapons. I have yet to see it take substantial damage in any of the fights I've taken it into.

Addition, I have no idea what's going on with quotes seemingly not working correctly.

Glad it work out! I'm working on a lot of small tweaks at the moment. And try to add some custom sounds. I will put up the update soon. The quote thing was my bad. I removed the wrong line of HTML.  ;D

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.3.0
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2023, 05:51:28 PM »

New update 1.3.0!
  • Various balance changes on both ships and weapons.
    Update artwork of Watatsumi, Moreya, Amaterasu, and Mikaboshi.
    Reduce the hull frequency of most ships to stop flooding mercenary and pirate fleets.
    Add more hulls to the midline and high-tech bp so it is a bit easier to get some of them.
    Add a set of portraits and a custom flag. I planned to create a faction with these but to no avail.  :'(
    Add custom sounds to some weapons.

My next plan is to create specific variants with a unique design for pirates. Still can't figure out how to do the subs yet. And I might add tanks. Not sure. but also will keep updating the sprites of older ships to higher fidelity.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20