Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.96a] Halo - United Nations Space Command (UNSC) v0.4a - Update (06/02/2023)  (Read 187086 times)

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

the covenant is really strong like i tested it and jesus its wayyyy too strong

StargazerRJL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My artwork website

https://www.halopedia.org/Human-Covenant_War

The Covenant are aliens who are like 6000 years ahead of humanity during the H-C war, Of course they're gonna be strong.

Spoiler
Some covenant ships appear in redacted fleets and act as an equalizer for how insanely OP mac guns are compared to the base game. Moreover, If you have a character invested some combat abilities you can solo a Sinaris destroyer, Ket cruiser and Ester frigate with a Punic.
[close]

If you're truly unhappy with the balances which I believe are pretty accurate feel free to open the "ship Data" CSV and lower some values on the Cov ships so you can live out your power fantasy :P

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The Covenant are aliens who are like 6000 years ahead of humanity during the H-C war, Of course they're gonna be strong.

Spoiler
Some covenant ships appear in redacted fleets and act as an equalizer for how insanely OP mac guns are compared to the base game. Moreover, If you have a character invested some combat abilities you can solo a Sinaris destroyer, Ket cruiser and Ester frigate with a Punic.
[close]

If you're truly unhappy with the balances which I believe are pretty accurate feel free to open the "ship Data" CSV and lower some values on the Cov ships so you can live out your power fantasy :P

so can you buff audere stargazer ?

(make special buildings only unsc has, one for each planet)
like:
so for ostia +2 of everything it produces and +1 stability (name of structure) (something with the covenant or UNSC technology)(unsc exclusive)
for ordelia a unsc nanoforge (special item unsc exclusive)
now New Harvest:
First low tech or high tech star fortress (cus middle tech sucks)(has Alpha AI core as default)
now a special high command structure (+2 stability +2 small/light patrols +1 middle/medium patrols) (with Alpha AI + 3 small patrols +2 medium patrols +1 heavy patrol)
(has Alpha AI core as default)

reason why i want these buffs ( You can nerf the buffs) is that unsc is kinda weak ( capitals in fleets are very rare and they are D modded )

also can you make it that factions that unsc is suspicious of (or worse) cant have unsc weapons or ships in markets (not even BM) and factions that are favorable (or better) have a higher chance of having unsc weapons/ships.
i meant that they are way too strong for normal ships but that means they will be a good challenge  ;D
PS: I played Halo CE when i was a KID,

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

What i meant was that is that players that use autofit and op ships are gonna get smashed into the ground and complain on forums  :)
(what i wrote was a joke the: COV is wayyy too strong , and make them cost less DP to make the game harder  ;))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 09:34:06 AM by Jack Ardan »

SPARTAN 97118

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Halo - United Nations Space Command (UNSC) v0.4a - Update (06/02/2023)
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2023, 11:46:54 PM »

I can't find UNSC INFINITY in which system is it, if not, is there another way to get it?

StargazerRJL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My artwork website
Re: [0.96a] Halo - United Nations Space Command (UNSC) v0.4a - Update (06/02/2023)
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2023, 01:18:15 AM »

I can't find UNSC INFINITY in which system is it, if not, is there another way to get it?

It has it's own blueprint which is rare. Failing that, you can use console commands.

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2023, 02:56:40 AM »

Stargazer what is your goal ?
(what you want to add)

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2023, 03:00:32 AM »

I was able to buy 6 Covenant ships for less than 2k, I take it Nexerelin wasn't considered when they were added? XD
Aside from that, my first combat encounter with Covenant ships was rather unpleasant, which I found surprising with how big my almost entirely UNSC fleet was.

StargazerRJL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My artwork website
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2023, 03:18:03 AM »

I was able to buy 6 Covenant ships for less than 2k, I take it Nexerelin wasn't considered when they were added? XD
Aside from that, my first combat encounter with Covenant ships was rather unpleasant, which I found surprising with how big my almost entirely UNSC fleet was.

Holy ***! Yeah ill fix that issue as soon as I can! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Where did you find them for sale? I have the "no_dealer"  tag in the CSV so they shouldn't appear but maybe the prism freeport overrides this. Maybe a dirty fix for this could be making the price 99999999 for now until i find a better solution.

Also I'll nerf the cov ships a lil bit. Maybe less shields... Or shorten the range on their plasma lance

StargazerRJL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My artwork website
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2023, 03:20:25 AM »

Stargazer what is your goal ?
(what you want to add)

Make sure there's no bugs at the moment, balancing stuff, and then ultimately adding the Cov as a faction but that's a long way off. First day s to just listen to feedback/ bug reports and fix stuff accordingly

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2023, 04:13:56 AM »

Holy ***! Yeah ill fix that issue as soon as I can! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Where did you find them for sale? I have the "no_dealer"  tag in the CSV so they shouldn't appear but maybe the prism freeport overrides this. Maybe a dirty fix for this could be making the price 99999999 for now until i find a better solution.

Also I'll nerf the cov ships a lil bit. Maybe less shields... Or shorten the range on their plasma lance
The shields are the main thing I had trouble with, and to be precise about how I purchased them, I bought them from Midnight Dissonant in the form of a production order, though on second though I think I'm probably wrong about Midnight being from Nexerelin, but I'm not sure which of the other mods I use it would be since they are found at Prism, there was also an earlier ship I purchased similar to how you can sometimes purchase ships from contacts, but compared to 3 Kerel supercarriers and 3 Ket battleships that one was nothing.

Addition: Oh, I've also been finding Strident Garrison LPC's very rarely as either loot or for sale in Prism's High-end dealer.
Addition 2: Instead of 99999999, why not high, but relatively achievable prices since the only way I've managed to get any of the high end covenant ships is buying them from an AI? eg. 25M-50M for a Kerel and 5M-10M for a Ket
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 04:28:54 AM by [REDACTED] »

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2023, 06:29:14 AM »

The shields are the main thing I had trouble with, and to be precise about how I purchased them, I bought them from Midnight Dissonant in the form of a production order, though on second though I think I'm probably wrong about Midnight being from Nexerelin, but I'm not sure which of the other mods I use it would be since they are found at Prism, there was also an earlier ship I purchased similar to how you can sometimes purchase ships from contacts, but compared to 3 Kerel supercarriers and 3 Ket battleships that one was nothing.

Addition: Oh, I've also been finding Strident Garrison LPC's very rarely as either loot or for sale in Prism's High-end dealer.
Addition 2: Instead of 99999999, why not high, but relatively achievable prices since the only way I've managed to get any of the high end covenant ships is buying them from an AI? eg. 25M-50M for a Kerel and 5M-10M for a Ket
no just no
(cov ships are really powerfull, so giving it to a player is not a good idea

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2023, 07:18:43 AM »

no just no
You dont seem to realize Im currently using them. Yes, they are powerful, but they are far from unbeatable. By all means make them expensive to balance their power, but making them unobtainable is just as unfair as making them too easy to obtain.

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2023, 12:25:55 PM »

no just no
You dont seem to realize Im currently using them. Yes, they are powerful, but they are far from unbeatable. By all means make them expensive to balance their power, but making them unobtainable is just as unfair as making them too easy to obtain.
best way is making them extremly difficult to obtain and make it not be player controlled
(automated ship)

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2023, 02:26:24 AM »

best way is making them extremly difficult to obtain and make it not be player controlled
(automated ship)
You don't sound like you have enough experience to comment on balancing, before I greatly increased battle sizes for myself the game would regularly screw me over with numerical disadvantages because ships don't even follow orders half the time for me, regardless of battle size. No amount of skill will save you from your ships balling up in the middle of the map for no reason, what will is a numerical and/or technological advantage over the enemy and when the game refuses to give you numbers, you're left with one option.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16