Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Factions won't Retake Hyperwave Tech  (Read 1054 times)

Graf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Factions won't Retake Hyperwave Tech
« on: May 05, 2021, 02:27:43 PM »

Hey guys, quick question. Several systems in my playthrough have had their hyperwave tech infrastructure (com relays, nav buoys, sensor arrays) taken over by pirates. No surprises so far. However, even after I systematically exterminated the pirate presence in those systems, faction fleets won't retake their infrastructure even though they are patrolling the area and have no opposition. Is this behavior intended?

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Factions won't Retake Hyperwave Tech
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »

Which system is this in? Have you tried taking them for yourself? I sometimes destroy sensor arrays/nav buoys and replace them with communications satellites to enhance my relative sensor profile/movement speed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

Hmm - they should eventually retake these, though it might take a while. I forget exactly how long it might take, though; would have to dig around in the code a fair bit to figure that out. Also does depend on the system, potentially, especially if multiple factions have colonies there I could see that possibly interfering.

(Hi, and welcome to the forum, by the way!)

Graf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 05:14:54 PM »

Thanks! I love the game, Alex. I bought it in 2017 and played on and off (enjoyed it immensely then as well), but just now hopped back in with .95a and I am having a grand time of it! The writing especially deserves commendations. :)

The system in question is Galatia, and while the Hegemony fleets haven't yet taken back their stuff back I'll be keeping an eye on it. Pirates and Pathers are much more aggressive with their infrastructure, and try to take back their things almost immediately after I co-opt them (even when they are thoroughly beaten and only have logistics ships remaining in system), so I was just surprised that the Hegemony wasn't running around like a headless chicken trying to get their relay back.

WeiTuLo: While that probably is optimal, I feel really bad when I destroy/loose any Domain era objects so I try and avoid that whenever possible (probes withstanding). In this case, the Ancyra relay is such a device so I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 06:21:01 PM »

I know what you mean, I had 2 domain artifacts in the system I took over, and neither was a comm array. I couldn't install a third stable point with an alpha core, and I don't know whether I can move one in from another system, so I destroyed the +700 sensor to install the comm array after thinking about it for way too long.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:24:06 AM »

I know what you mean, I had 2 domain artifacts in the system I took over, and neither was a comm array. I couldn't install a third stable point with an alpha core, and I don't know whether I can move one in from another system, so I destroyed the +700 sensor to install the comm array after thinking about it for way too long.
Makeshift comm array is greater than Domain sensor or nav relay.  If push comes to shove, I smash Domain sensor or nav relay for makeshift comm relay without thinking twice anytime if it is the only way to get a comm relay in the system.