Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about replacing officer mid battle  (Read 1405 times)

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Question about replacing officer mid battle
« on: May 02, 2021, 05:48:53 AM »

Question - if you replace an officer midbattle, will you also replace his/her skills with your own, and the officer and his skills are "on hold" untill you transfer yourself to another ship? Asking because I want to try out a run where I put all skills points into fleet/colony bonuses with no combat skills, and if in that scenario would it be possible to have a sort of a "doppleganger" officer whoose skills i will use in battle through transferring myself on that ship in the beginning of the battle (not before the battle through "transfer command" dialog option)

p.s. looking forward to that sweet operations center S (sexy) kite  8)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Question about replacing officer mid battle
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 06:48:12 AM »

Your character's skills override the officer skills. If you have no combat skills, ship you transfer to will not have any, either. That said, some effects (+100% more ammo, +15% max CR, +60s PPT) stay even after you transfer to the ship, since the game doesn't just remove those things from the ship you transfer to, it would be pretty janky.

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 06:59:05 AM »

Oh, I see. Would be pretty cool though if there was a skill that would let you keep the officer skill, for non-combat characters, something like:

"Right hand" - when you transfer yourself to an officered ship, the skill set is not overriden with your skills.

and the fluff explanation could be something in line with "You have such exceptional relationship with your second-in-command, that you practically understand each other withoud words, which comes in handy during heat of the battle"

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »

Or just generally the option to assign an officer to your flagship to provide all those boosts while you control it manually. Since just staring at the AI doing all the fighting is boring and all that.

Burvjradzite

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »

Your character's skills override the officer skills. If you have no combat skills, ship you transfer to will not have any, either. That said, some effects (+100% more ammo, +15% max CR, +60s PPT) stay even after you transfer to the ship, since the game doesn't just remove those things from the ship you transfer to, it would be pretty janky.
Wait a minute, so you telling me i could potentially have free set of rockets for my flagship if an officer with such trait starts on it, and then we swap midbattle.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 04:56:14 PM »

Wait a minute, so you telling me i could potentially have free set of rockets for my flagship if an officer with such trait starts on it, and then we swap midbattle.

Yes, the ship you initially deployed the officer on will not lose missiles when you swap. I'm actually curious if you can double dip on the skill by not initially deploying a flagship, switching into an officered ship right away, and then deploying your old flagship which now has the officer in it. I thiiink that would give both ships extra missiles.