Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 273161 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2024, 09:51:40 PM »

This mod is wonderful for early game esp when coupled with more combat oriented ship mods. Fleets have so much variety and there's always these weird cludges of ships that i never recognize instead of the vanilla, 'everything is a buffalo II'. I can't wait to build my exploration fleet since i actually have ships to aim for instead of just 5 apogees haha. I love the slim pirate ships. amongst all the ovoid and round ships they appear menacing.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2024, 06:37:52 AM »

Thanks, glad to hear you like it.

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2024, 04:49:50 AM »

Brigantine having 300 peak perfromance time feels a bit punitive for cruiser, given it already has plenty of weaknesses player has to work around so it still feels "pirate engineered". Other than that its still one of my fav ones to include in midgame due how many loadout options it has while having to balance OP.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2024, 12:57:03 PM »

I swear the games *** with me, i really want a nadir and an adventurer to start exploring and right off the bat they offered me a nadir blue print location when i couldn't afford it and i saw both capitals spawn in the markets before i could afford them. This mod with ships and weapons has made the variety super nice, it's very rare to see the same hulls in every market beyond the really low grade ones. The sprites are well done too as they blend almost seamlessly with vanilla ships.

Any plans for cruiser and capital grade support ships? I'd love some all in one capital/cruiser ships as the single multi purpose phase hauler feels pretty lonely. A big fleet running multiple destroyer salvage rigs feels odd where 2 cruiser fleet support vessels or 1 big rear line capital ship would be very thematic.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2024, 05:49:51 PM »

Brigantine having 300 peak perfromance time feels a bit punitive for cruiser, given it already has plenty of weaknesses player has to work around so it still feels "pirate engineered". Other than that its still one of my fav ones to include in midgame due how many loadout options it has while having to balance OP.

Oh yeah I can maybe change that.

I swear the games *** with me, i really want a nadir and an adventurer to start exploring and right off the bat they offered me a nadir blue print location when i couldn't afford it and i saw both capitals spawn in the markets before i could afford them. This mod with ships and weapons has made the variety super nice, it's very rare to see the same hulls in every market beyond the really low grade ones. The sprites are well done too as they blend almost seamlessly with vanilla ships.

Any plans for cruiser and capital grade support ships? I'd love some all in one capital/cruiser ships as the single multi purpose phase hauler feels pretty lonely. A big fleet running multiple destroyer salvage rigs feels odd where 2 cruiser fleet support vessels or 1 big rear line capital ship would be very thematic.

Thanks for kind words.

As for plans, I dunno, I kinda just make what I feel like at the time. I'll try and keep suggestions in mind.

The most immediate addition to the roster is probably a Midline Destroyer Battlecarrier and a skin or two.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:53:25 PM by BigBeans »

Pixel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2024, 06:24:05 PM »

What ever happened to the Traveller?

I remember using this mod before and being able to start out with a courier ship called a Traveller but I can't find it anywhere

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2024, 06:33:26 PM »

What ever happened to the Traveller?

I remember using this mod before and being able to start out with a courier ship called a Traveller but I can't find it anywhere

I do post changelogs.

BSC 0.1.98:

Two potential crash fixes (Old ship names not matching variants) and prefix clean up.

Resprited lots of ships to match new update or to refresh old sprites. Only a couple of ships haven't received new sprites/sprite updates.

I've also taken the chance to remove alot of smaller ships I didn't like or felt were pointless.

Removed Herma and all variants (First ship I ever made so hard choice to make)
Removed Piranha (LC) and its Torpedo.
Removed Altia.
Removed Traveller.
Removed Carnal and Carnal (P)
Removed Robber
Removed Covetor and Covetor (P)
Removed Ignis and all variants

Preybird has had a weapons layout change to hopefully make it more useful in combat and make it more distinct from Heron. System is now Reserve Deployment. Has sprite update.
Terringzean buffed, now as quick as an Onslaught (though turns and stops slower) and dropped to 50DP. Is also a bit larger with new sprite.
Baldric + Mk2 burn increased. In exchange Baldric has slightly less cargo capacity. Both have a new sprite.
Adventurer DP has been changed back to 28, in exchange for slight hull and armour nerf 14000>13500, 1200>1150. Has a new sprite.
Roamers weapons loadout has been changed. Medium missile changed to medium ballistic. Two small ballistics changed to composite. Has a new sprite.
Stoner has been changed back to 27dp in exchange for slight total flux and flux diss nerf. Also loses its rear PD slot. Sprite has been updated.
Mosstrooper now spawns (hopefully rarely) in Independent, Merc and Scav fleets

Though Covetor has since been readded and Ignis was replaced with new Carnal since this was like 3 updates ago.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 06:35:26 PM by BigBeans »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2024, 09:45:24 AM »

Should Baldric has less storage capacity than Colossus? I feel like it should be because in the current setup there is no point of using Colossus at all. It has more survivability thank to its burn drive system, 8 burn compare to 7, same maintenance and fuel drain, and omni shield instead of frontal. The only thing it lose to Colossus is the crew capacity but who care about that on a freighter?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2024, 02:11:57 PM »

Should Baldric has less storage capacity than Colossus? I feel like it should be because in the current setup there is no point of using Colossus at all. It has more survivability thank to its burn drive system, 8 burn compare to 7, same maintenance and fuel drain, and omni shield instead of frontal. The only thing it lose to Colossus is the crew capacity but who care about that on a freighter?

Maybe, I'll think about it.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2024, 07:38:23 PM »

Idk about medium freighters since i feel the super freighter just out classes them so completely making them more about visual variety. I don't think i've ever bothered to grab a medium freighter in the last 3 runs because supers are pretty easy to grab and will last you through your entire run.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2024, 07:29:37 AM »

I'm not sure why you posted this here or what you are saying to me?

If you are saying I've to axe Baldric cause you, personally, don't use medium freighters then that will not happen.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 07:36:17 AM by BigBeans »

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2024, 09:30:01 AM »

Haha no i was merely expressing that even when completely redundant making more freighters is great for visual variety. If anything i wish there was a way to end super freighter dominance as i really enjoy the variety of medium/small freighters but just never use them.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2024, 09:57:44 AM »

It make sense if you consider the 30 ships limit in vanilla so you have to make each slot worth.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »

Haha no i was merely expressing that even when completely redundant making more freighters is great for visual variety. If anything i wish there was a way to end super freighter dominance as i really enjoy the variety of medium/small freighters but just never use them.

Ok, right, I was just unsure what you meant. I thought you were implying I was to cut a ship.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2024, 04:20:42 PM »

Just FYI, this ship pack works with the new update (0.97) with just a version number change in the mod.info file.

I will do an actual compatibility update soon (tm).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21