Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 273188 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2023, 05:06:51 PM »

Created an account specifically for this purpose, ive been using this mod for a while and absolutely love it, my two favorite ships are the Terringzean and Stoner, and this post ironically concerns both. Its not so much a bug report as it is a suggestion: I dont think the luddic church should have the Stoner blueprint. It makes terringzeans appear far more rarely in their fleet, they just spam the Stoner all the time. And as a result they never use other vanilla capital ship options like the retribution, much less other modded options. If you disagree with me, I would at least like this to be easier to change as it cripples the luddic church in my experience.

It's been reported. There is old spawn code I accidentally left in the Church faction file from Starsector 0.95 when I updated for 0.96a.

It is fixed in next mod update, whenever that is. Church spawns will be fixed and Stoner will be removed from their fleets as it no longer fits their theme imo.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 05:23:45 AM by BigBeans »

BonelessSpacer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2023, 08:34:25 PM »

Ah, good to know. Thank you! Best of luck in getting the update out.

Lessyloo

• Ensign
  • Susky Husky
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2023, 10:13:19 AM »

I've loved this mod for ages now, but I have to point out a rather severe nerf to one of my favorite early game ships; The Nadir Class. It used to have Fast Missile Racks but as of (I'm assuming the 96a) update it had that system replaced with a custom PD drones system, which I'm not sure what they even do as it doesn't have a description... yet, and in all the battles I've been in with it since it's always my chosen starting flagship, they haven't done anything at all. I deploy them and I've yet to see them shoot once.

The ability to deploy replacements from a magazine system is neat, but on top of being seemingly useless they are never destroyed... ever. My suggestion would be either to finish the drone system and make it more interesting, or and this is my favorite of the two, replace it with the old Fast Missile Racks system and find another way to balance the ship, I notice it's flux dissipation is awfully high, and while yes it has three large energy hard points I doubt you'll see the latter two used for anything but Paladin PD or some other large energy PD weapon.

Just my two credits, love the mod like I said, refuse to play without it!  8)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2023, 06:47:46 PM »

I've loved this mod for ages now, but I have to point out a rather severe nerf to one of my favorite early game ships; The Nadir Class. It used to have Fast Missile Racks but as of (I'm assuming the 96a) update it had that system replaced with a custom PD drones system, which I'm not sure what they even do as it doesn't have a description... yet, and in all the battles I've been in with it since it's always my chosen starting flagship, they haven't done anything at all. I deploy them and I've yet to see them shoot once.

The ability to deploy replacements from a magazine system is neat, but on top of being seemingly useless they are never destroyed... ever. My suggestion would be either to finish the drone system and make it more interesting, or and this is my favorite of the two, replace it with the old Fast Missile Racks system and find another way to balance the ship, I notice it's flux dissipation is awfully high, and while yes it has three large energy hard points I doubt you'll see the latter two used for anything but Paladin PD or some other large energy PD weapon.

I can't recreate the bug you said about the PD Drones, they work fine when I playtest. I might increase the number of them deployed at a time or give them LRPD tho.

It got nerfed because Adventurer has Fast Missile racks (Since Adventurer is basically a Venture scaled up) so it was to prevent overlap as that would be two exploration focused capitals with FMR.
Nadir is an explorer, it isn't meant to be amazing as a combat ship.

I will think about it but no promises for change.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2023, 11:56:29 AM »

I can't recreate the bug you said about the PD Drones, they work fine when I playtest. I might increase the number of them deployed at a time or give them LRPD tho.

It got nerfed because Adventurer has Fast Missile racks (Since Adventurer is basically a Venture scaled up) so it was to prevent overlap as that would be two exploration focused capitals with FMR.
Nadir is an explorer, it isn't meant to be amazing as a combat ship.

I will think about it but no promises for change.

Honestly just go all the way and give them Burst PD. It'll make it feel more impactful overall.

Gewehrmann144

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2023, 02:02:56 AM »

Is the Venator still in the mod? I can't find it anywhere.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2023, 07:45:12 AM »

Hasn't been in the mod for almost a year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 05:51:22 PM by BigBeans »

Gewehrmann144

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2023, 05:39:35 AM »

Hasn't been in the mod for almost 2 years.

Why was it removed?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2023, 05:47:36 PM »

Why was it removed?

It'll take me a little longer as I am pretty much giving all sprites a once over.

Warning for next update, quite a few ships have been cut as I couldn't find roles for them in the new update or I didn't like them.

Also, Star Wars Submod and Drone Submods won't be getting updated as I don't like them. However people can feel free to update themselves.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2023, 07:52:17 PM »

UPDATE!

Sorry for the delay, should've fired out a bug fix months ago, lost motivation for a while due to life stuff. However this update has become massively bloated, almost 3/4 the ships have had some sort of change done to them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgUs3Pe1xcZt9JZ0-swseNZnuyy3fdwK/view?usp=drive_link

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS VERSIONS!

(Alot of other sprites are changed, this is just the brand new ships)

BSC 0.1.98.2

New battlecruiser, Barquentine-class, a scrappy pirate capital.
Re-added Covetor with brand new sprite and (LP) and (P) skins.
New Superheavy Destroyer, Constable-class.
Added Cumulus-class light destroyer, mini-apogee explorer/support ship.
Added Preybird (LP) (Thanks to Noof/Pogre)
Added Roamer (LP) (Mostly thanks to Noof/Pogre)
Added Roamer (P) skin
Added Lockout (LP) skin
Added Carnal (XIV) skin
Added Cassina (LG) skin
Added Hartfell (LG) skin

Removed Brawler (P)
Removed Mosstrooper.
Removed Stern, didn't like it.

Nadir has double the PD drones and they have LRPD lasers now.
Several faction specific variants have been added for balance.
Carnal now has burndrive to make it more like the Enforcer.
Aghast has a different weapons layout.

Fixed a crash for Linux users.
Fixed spawning of Terringzean and Stoner in Luddic Church fleets, was overriding Invictus and Retribution.
Fixed Maraka (LP) not having ill-advised modifications.
Fixed Bitzer (P) variants.
Church no longer uses Stoner-class as I felt it didn't fit, Indie only now.

A whole bunch of small to medium sprite updates and fixes.

Probably new bugs I missed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 03:53:27 PM by BigBeans »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2023, 07:57:38 PM »

i love it already

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2023, 08:05:21 PM »

i love it already

Thanks, love your mod too

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2023, 04:22:29 AM »

Thank you for deciding to add the Covetor line of ships back into the mod, I missed the little guy. They fit a hole for an early game fighting mining frigate that can be salvaged from pirate fleets.

Akekho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2023, 07:53:32 AM »

My 4 double (S) mods Sterns after this update

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2023, 11:25:17 AM »

My 4 double (S) mods Sterns after this update