Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] BigBeans Ship Compilation  (Read 273159 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] BigBeans Ship Compilation
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2023, 06:52:50 PM »

The Nadir is hands down my favorite ship of any mod, it's beautiful and creative with an actual spinning hab ring.

My feedback though is that both Nadir variants have 6 unallocated ordinance points, and the combat variant has the frontal shield conversion hullmod despite already having a 360 frontal shield.

Thanks for feedback, I noticed that myself, it's already fixed.

Nadir is not 100% all my work, Banano did most of the spritework.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 07:03:47 PM by BigBeans »

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2023, 07:59:38 PM »

The Nadir is hands down my favorite ship of any mod, it's beautiful and creative with an actual spinning hab ring.

My feedback though is that both Nadir variants have 6 unallocated ordinance points, and the combat variant has the frontal shield conversion hullmod despite already having a 360 frontal shield.

Join the club! Nadir is both pretty and very,  very, very deadly. Slap Advanced Turret Gyros and Advanced Optics on it and your choice of ECCM missiles and tac lasers with Integrated PDAI and you have a very nasty little monster that can reach out and torch pirate fleets like a discount Paragon while still having enough space left over for plenty of fuel and cargo. Take some Atlases and a Salvage Rig around and you can go on a shopping trip of every system for goodies to bring back home while not really sacrificing the ability to fight like you end up doing with an Apogee.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2023, 11:30:36 AM »

I caught a minor incompatibility with the Combat Chatter mod. To sum up, the Nadir's new PD drones count as new ships - and since they die in droves, it clogs the entire feed of alerts.

jatzi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »

Will you update the submods that you had for this?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2023, 05:12:22 PM »

I caught a minor incompatibility with the Combat Chatter mod. To sum up, the Nadir's new PD drones count as new ships - and since they die in droves, it clogs the entire feed of alerts.

Ah I see, I think I've found a fix for that though.

Will you update the submods that you had for this?

Probably not but people have my permission to do it themselves.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 05:16:28 PM by BigBeans »

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2023, 05:17:10 PM »

Ah *** I see, I'll try and find a way to fix that. Might need to ask for help tho.

Considering the CC mod doesn't have an equivalent problem for strike craft, you may just need to change how the PD drones are classified? IDK.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2023, 06:18:30 PM »

Ah *** I see, I'll try and find a way to fix that. Might need to ask for help tho.

Considering the CC mod doesn't have an equivalent problem for strike craft, you may just need to change how the PD drones are classified? IDK.

Yeah that was exactly what the issue was, I had accidentally classed the PD drone as a frigate instead of fighter. Turned out to be easy fix.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2023, 04:57:21 PM »

Yeah that was exactly what the issue was, I had accidentally classed the PD drone as a frigate instead of fighter. Turned out to be easy fix.

I have found a new bug.

Using the PD drones (unless you've updated them just now) makes the Nadir not fire Tachyon Lances. I think it may be some weird flux-rate coding? Either way, I have to turn them off to get my main guns to fire.

It may be simpler to turn them into a built-in fighter bay and have the ship system be some form of overcharge/reserve deployment instead, similar to the Tempest/Gemini respectively.

Klize1917

• Ensign
  • I love Bing Chilling
    • View Profile
    • Chinese Forum Personal Page
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2023, 12:04:30 AM »

Is there an extra zero in Terringzean's flux dissipation? 9800 is just too high.
When my friends ask me what I'm playing, I say I'm playing excel and notepad, sometimes java.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2023, 07:57:13 AM »

I have found a new bug.

Using the PD drones (unless you've updated them just now) makes the Nadir not fire Tachyon Lances. I think it may be some weird flux-rate coding? Either way, I have to turn them off to get my main guns to fire.

It may be simpler to turn them into a built-in fighter bay and have the ship system be some form of overcharge/reserve deployment instead, similar to the Tempest/Gemini respectively.

I can't recreate that issue but I'll look into it more.

Is there an extra zero in Terringzean's flux dissipation? 9800 is just too high.

Lmao yeah there's an extra zero, it's meant to be 980. I'll upload a fix later.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2023, 11:15:50 AM »

For fine details:

Testing this in Sim.

Currently have four built-ins (via the Nadir's fixed mods): Surveying Equipment, HR Sensors, Integrated PD AI, and Integrated Targeting Unit.

Bug persists with or without additional modifications being added or not.

All large slots are filled with Tachyon Lances. All small energy slots are filled with tactical lasers. All the Medium Missiles have Pilums, and I've added a Locust Missile launcher for the large missile slot.

If PD drones are deployed, whether in 'standby' or 'free roam', the tachyon lances, when left on autofire, will track a target, but will not fire. I did not have this issue with High Intensity Lasers in the large slots. The drones have to be fully recalled into the ship for the lances to fire.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:18:40 AM by Ragnarok101 »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2023, 03:51:18 PM »

For fine details:

Testing this in Sim.

Currently have four built-ins (via the Nadir's fixed mods): Surveying Equipment, HR Sensors, Integrated PD AI, and Integrated Targeting Unit.

All large slots are filled with Tachyon Lances. All small energy slots are filled with tactical lasers. All the Medium Missiles have Pilums, and I've added a Locust Missile launcher for the large missile slot.

If PD drones are deployed, whether in 'standby' or 'free roam', the tachyon lances, when left on autofire, will track a target, but will not fire. I did not have this issue with High Intensity Lasers in the large slots. The drones have to be fully recalled into the ship for the lances to fire.

Ok, I dunno what's up with it in your game, I cannot recreate your bug. I tried it with your build on autopilot in simulation and it fires it's tachyons.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2023, 03:53:27 PM »

For fine details:

Testing this in Sim.

Ok, I dunno what's up with it in your game, I cannot recreate your bug. I tried it with your build on autopilot in simulation and it fires it's tachyons.

Odd. I'm assuming this is with your updated version of your own mod? Fixing the PD drones might have fixed it for you.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2023, 03:57:54 PM »

For fine details:

Testing this in Sim.

Odd. I'm assuming this is with your updated version of your own mod? Fixing the PD drones might have fixed it for you.

Yes, it is. So maybe that will fix it for you. But tbh I don't get how this would be a bug in the first place, nothing in the PD drone system that should interfere with weapons firing.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2023, 04:00:59 PM »

For fine details:

Testing this in Sim.

Yes, it is. So maybe that will fix it for you. But tbh I don't get how this would be a bug in the first place, nothing in the PD drone system that should interfere with weapons firing.

My guess would be the game assuming that there's supposed to be a flux cost or something to the 'frigates' or just generally throwing a fit about their existence and stalling out 'flux-intensive' weapons use. I've also noticed that the AI for the Nadir acts like it's about to be overloaded, retreating as quickly as possible from engagements. It's probably an AI glitch.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21