Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.17.0 - Updated for 0.97a  (Read 179421 times)

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.13.1 - RefitScreen-Integration
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2024, 06:29:45 AM »

Add a system mode that is ShieldsUp but enforces it all the way to 100% flux overload? I have a hullmod for the AI to use.

Also, avoid enemy range might be good for strict carriers that don't do well or wants to avoid direct combat and artillery.
Hi Anduin,

Good idea, I added these ship modes on the current master branch (download). I only tested them a little bit, so please do provide feedback if they work as you imagined!

The ShieldsUp version that goes until 100% flux was basically a one-liner, the "Keep away" ship modes were a bit more challenging. I actually ended up implementing two versions (KeepAway and KeepFar):

KeepAway is a lot simpler (move away from the closest/targeted enemy if one is close by).

KeepFar is quite a bit more complicated (and therefore prone to problems) and tries to genuinely find safe spots with few enemies around to move to, thus acting more strategically.

I'll probably include these modes in the next release, but might only add the better of the two keep-away modes (based on feedback) to the default list of enabled ship modes.
Also, there's quite a few numbers to tweak (e.g. what distance should KeepFar scan when evaluating points to move to? When should the ship fly away by accelerating backwards rather than turning? How should an enemies distance to a point affect its danger rating for evaluating that point? ...).
So please also let me know if some of those things should be tweaked, right now I simply went for best guesses (which tend not to be perfect^^)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 06:35:36 AM by DesperatePeter »

Anduin1357

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2024, 10:20:23 PM »

What's the ship mode tag for ShieldsUp(100%)? Is it overriding ShieldsUp(90%)?

Also for whatever reason, all weapons aim but don't seem to fire under the new AI.

josiarome

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.13.1 about modules in super capital shop
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2024, 03:35:01 AM »

hey i appreciate the developer for creating this mod which helped me with my fleet but i have this annoying problem with super capital that has several modules.
i cant make them focus fire eventhough i set them to shiptargetonly,in combat i can set them to shiptargetonly but its still firing on different target and not focus firing.
i already read the FAQ so i wonder if there,s any way to set the modules AI at least to target only my target.Thanks for reading this and im using luddic sporeship.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2024, 03:21:04 AM »

What's the ship mode tag for ShieldsUp(100%)? Is it overriding ShieldsUp(90%)?

The new ShieldsUp-mode is called ShieldsUp+, it should be at the very end of the list. The list of ship modes is currently longer than what I would do for a release, so if you are using a low resolution monitor (or a UI scale above 100%), the list might get cut off. In that case, simply remove 1-2 ship modes from the list in settings.editme and it should show up!

Also for whatever reason, all weapons aim but don't seem to fire under the new AI.

Ohh, that is weird. Thanks for letting me know!
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue, but I will do some more testing!
This is probably due to another change I implemented (but haven't really tested enough) regarding hit box computations.
You can try setting useExactBoundsForFiringDecision to false in settings.editme, that will revert it back to the old behavior.

Does this happen universally, or only when using the new ship modes? Does this happen for all tags? Or only with specific tags?
Any additional info would be much appreciated!

hey i appreciate the developer for creating this mod which helped me with my fleet but i have this annoying problem with super capital that has several modules.
i cant make them focus fire eventhough i set them to shiptargetonly,in combat i can set them to shiptargetonly but its still firing on different target and not focus firing.
i already read the FAQ so i wonder if there,s any way to set the modules AI at least to target only my target.Thanks for reading this and im using luddic sporeship.
Oh, good point, I hadn't considered that yet. I added a check for determining ship targets, so that modules will check their parent ship's target for determining their own target.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2024, 11:30:31 AM »

Got a bug report for a (possibly) poor interaction between v1.13.1 of this mod and v1.2 of Genir's AI Tweaks:
Code
3484668 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt.analyzeAllyHit(FindTarget.kt:102) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt$firstShipAlongLineOfFire$1.invoke(FindTarget.kt:57) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt$firstShipAlongLineOfFire$1.invoke(FindTarget.kt:50) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt$closestEntityFinder$forEachFn$1.invoke(FindTarget.kt:114) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt$closestEntityFinder$forEachFn$1.invoke(FindTarget.kt:113) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt.closestEntityFinder(FindTarget.kt:123) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.FindTargetKt.firstShipAlongLineOfFire(FindTarget.kt:50) ~[?:?]
at com.genir.aitweaks.features.autofire.AutofireAI.shouldFire(AutofireAI.kt:51) ~[?:?]
at com.dp.advancedgunnerycontrol.weaponais.SpecificAIPluginBase.advanceBaseAI(SpecificAIPluginBase.kt:90) ~[?:?]
at com.dp.advancedgunnerycontrol.weaponais.SpecificAIPluginBase.advance(SpecificAIPluginBase.kt:77) ~[?:?]
at com.dp.advancedgunnerycontrol.weaponais.TagBasedAI.advance(TagBasedAI.kt:70) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[fs.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_392]

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2024, 02:28:00 PM »

Would you consider adding an option to toggle the Refit Screen Integration? If you try to name a ship using J it will open up the menu.
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

Genir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2024, 06:33:23 AM »

Got a bug report for a (possibly) poor interaction between v1.13.1 of this mod and v1.2 of Genir's AI Tweaks

The issue was in my mod. It's already fixed in the latest release.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2024, 12:15:03 AM »

Would you consider adding an option to toggle the Refit Screen Integration? If you try to name a ship using J it will open up the menu.
Very good point. Actually, I already added this option in master and it will be in the next release. I'll also try to see if I can quickly do a check so that the refit screen integration doesn't open the GUI while typing ship names, even when turned on.

Update: I implemented the fix. It would be much appreciated if you could try it out by simply downloading the current master version.

Got a bug report for a (possibly) poor interaction between v1.13.1 of this mod and v1.2 of Genir's AI Tweaks

The issue was in my mod. It's already fixed in the latest release.

Thanks for fixing, that's good to know! =)
Also, I have to say, your AI Tweaks mod looks really interesting. Whenever I actually play Starsector again, I will definitely have to try it!
I am assuming that, when playing with both AI Tweaks and AGC, what ends up happening is that your AutofireAIPlugin replaces the base AI and therefore gets wrapped as the base AI in my plugin?
At some point, when I become more active in Starsector modding again, we should definitely have a little chat on Discord to see if we can somehow leverage synergies =)
Until then, best of luck!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 01:17:42 AM by DesperatePeter »

Genir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2024, 01:50:37 PM »

Thanks for fixing, that's good to know! =)
Also, I have to say, your AI Tweaks mod looks really interesting. Whenever I actually play Starsector again, I will definitely have to try it!
I am assuming that, when playing with both AI Tweaks and AGC, what ends up happening is that your AutofireAIPlugin replaces the base AI and therefore gets wrapped as the base AI in my plugin?
At some point, when I become more active in Starsector modding again, we should definitely have a little chat on Discord to see if we can somehow leverage synergies =)
Until then, best of luck!

Yes, that's how both mods work together. I'm not sure what the exact implications are, but I haven't had any complaints about broken weapons yet, so it may be just fine.

Oh yes, we should definitely cooperate in the future!

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2024, 01:01:36 PM »

New release for 0.97 is out, including all the previously discussed changes!

Yes, that's how both mods work together. I'm not sure what the exact implications are, but I haven't had any complaints about broken weapons yet, so it may be just fine.

Oh yes, we should definitely cooperate in the future!
That definitely sounds like the right way to do it =)
That's one of the reasons I decided to go for wrapping the original AI as the base AI. I mainly thought of other modders implementing custom AIs for the weapons from their mods, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in this case.

Hopefully the new Starsector version will rekindle my interest in playing and modding xD

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2024, 11:32:33 PM »

Being the madman I am, I usually use defense weapons in an assault role and nsignificant missiles drawing fire from the enemy is very annoying (especially in the case of Heavy Machine Guns, because they are the only kinetic medium assault guns).
Could you please make a weapon group tag/option that works the opposite way as 'PD' currently does? (e.g. ignore fighters and missiles, fire only at ships)

ps. The refit screen button labelled "Gunnery (J") is directly under "Cancel (Q)" while building in a hullmod (at least on 1080p), thus clicking on cancel opens gunnery settings as an unwanted side effect. I'm not sure if it can be moved by the user but you may want to place your button elsewhere, where it doesn't cause complications
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 12:35:27 AM by Szasz »

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.14.0 - Updated for 0.97a
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2024, 03:01:29 AM »

Being the madman I am, I usually use defense weapons in an assault role and nsignificant missiles drawing fire from the enemy is very annoying (especially in the case of Heavy Machine Guns, because they are the only kinetic medium assault guns).
Could you please make a weapon group tag/option that works the opposite way as 'PD' currently does? (e.g. ignore fighters and missiles, fire only at ships)

This actually already exists. There's an option to force a weapon group to ignore missiles and another to ignore fighters. I use them semi-regularly to force certain PD groups to focus specific targets.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.14.0 - Updated for 0.97a
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2024, 11:00:17 AM »

This actually already exists. There's an option to force a weapon group to ignore missiles and another to ignore fighters. I use them semi-regularly to force certain PD groups to focus specific targets.

Which ones are they?

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2024, 08:10:16 AM »

ps. The refit screen button labelled "Gunnery (J") is directly under "Cancel (Q)" while building in a hullmod (at least on 1080p), thus clicking on cancel opens gunnery settings as an unwanted side effect. I'm not sure if it can be moved by the user but you may want to place your button elsewhere, where it doesn't cause complications
Yeah, it's really hard to find a good position for that button, since most spaces in the refit screen are already taken either by vanilla features or by other mods.
But I will include an option to simply disable the button in the next update. The button is there mainly to let people know that the refit screen integration exists, so once you know about it the button isn't really required anymore, as you can simply use the keybinding instead.

Which ones are they?
Exactly what OperaWolf said, they are called NoMissiles/NoFighters.
They should be directly behind PrioMissile/PrioFighter. Use the Mouse-Wheel to scroll the tag-list =)
There is actually also a tag called NoPD, but it's not included in the list by default, since it's kind of redundant to NoMissiles/NoFighters. If that is something you use often, you might want to consider editing the settings-file (Settings.editme) to add it to the list of available tags.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] AdvancedGunneryControl 1.15.0 - Updated for 0.97a
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2024, 06:58:53 AM »

Version 1.15.0 is out!
It comes with LunaSettings integration (requires LunaLib) and the option to choose tag storage modes. The new modes allow you to configure tags by weapon types in groups rather than by index. There's also a new showcase video:

Also, I would like to ask for your support!
I need some feedback on the new features to know if they work as intended and are actually helpful.
Have you used the new ship modes KeepAway/FarAway? Which one do you prefer?
Have you already tried the new tag storage modes? Are they useful?

With your feedback, I can hopefully further improve the mod in the future, so thanks in advance for letting me know!

Until then, happy gaming!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21