Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: To keep Intel no matter what if they are deemed important -> smuggler details  (Read 419 times)

AHandyDandyHotDog

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I would like to know if it would be possible to have intel reports stay in the intel tab if they are toggled important. That would make things like tracking smuggler and cargo fleets easier and easier to remember. Right now, once they depart the intel disappears from the panel even if marked as important, so if you don't remember where the fleet was heading you can't take advantage of the shortage that comes from destroying said fleet. I doubt that kinda thing would be deleted for no reason in-game by the crew.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

There are a number of other places where this would be useful, too - for example, exploratory missions asking you to scan a mining or research station; I'd like to be able to tag those as important and, even once the mission's no longer available, keep the record of 'hey there's something probably-good to salvage in system X'.

(Also, production reports from your own colonies need to stick around for at least a month even if you don't mark them important!)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, good points! Wasn't thinking about fleet departure intel re: this, but that makes a lot of sense. Likewise re: production reports. Made a note.