Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mission unfinishable but not failed  (Read 497 times)

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Mission unfinishable but not failed
« on: April 21, 2021, 07:36:11 PM »

I got an academy mission to recover a sensor package from a probe in a system. On arriving at the probe, I'm told it was salvaged by someone else and I should head to the jump point to catch them before they leave. I arrive at the jump point just in time to find the salvage fleet getting wiped out by dormant remnants. Since there is no salvage fleet, I can't tell them to hand over the quest item and it doesn't appear to be in any of the salvage fields left behind. The mission is still in my intel, saying I should catch them before they leave.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mission unfinishable but not failed
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »

Thank you for the report!

Did the scavengers get completely wiped out? The fleet *should* spawn a cargo container if it gets defeated.  ... I'm going to make sure this works as intended, and if not, will fix it.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:51:42 PM »

Yes, completely wiped out as far as I can tell. It's a little hard to see though since they are fighting right on top of a star. I'll double check as well since I saved just prior.

Edit: Loaded the save several times and checked. Every time the fleet got wiped out, nothing spawned besides debris field and sometimes derelicts. Looting these didn't give any mission progress. The mission also doesn't point anywhere in the intel screen.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:00:17 PM by Phenir »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 06:38:43 AM »

Yup, I looked into the code, and there is in fact no special case for spawning the thingy - unless it's the player that kills the fleet. I think I know how to handle this, but I gotta run it by Alex.

Right! This is on the list to get fixed. If you're stuck here, I believe you can switch to the other mission path by talking to Baird.