Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 213914 times)

Mith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2024, 01:58:41 AM »

I know the mod is save compatible however i couldnt help using 1.5.3 on 0.97a before this official release for 0.97a. Will the game break if i update the mod now?

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2024, 07:22:20 AM »

Is there a way to disable all the changes and just play with the added milestones? I want to at least try the new .97 balance first before going all in.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2024, 10:13:31 AM »

Sorry if this question is already answered, but is this mod compatible with Immersive Skills? downloadable here: https://github.com/SirFuzzWuzz/Starsector_mods/raw/main/ImmersiveSkills.zip , it doesnt have a forum post but to summarize instead of getting skill points via leveling that you spend on unlocking skills you find skill blueprints via exploration that you can right click to learn and that gives you a skill. it also adds back a couple of older removed skills and some skills that arent usually attainable. i think some features would overwrite eachother or may cause a crash cause a lot of the same things are changed by both mods.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2024, 01:29:24 PM »

I know the mod is save compatible however i couldnt help using 1.5.3 on 0.97a before this official release for 0.97a. Will the game break if i update the mod now?

I don't anticipate any issues with this.

Is there a way to disable all the changes and just play with the added milestones? I want to at least try the new .97 balance first before going all in.

Not at this time, but all milestones can be awarded retroactively (except fighting a certain foe).

Sorry if this question is already answered, but is this mod compatible with Immersive Skills?

There's a good chance they're incompatible. I don't see a src easily available so that's all I can speculate.

ventuso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2024, 11:10:31 PM »

Thanks for the update ! But why is every time I use this mod for some reason Alpha Core suddenly vanished ? Doing several battles I only get Gamma and Beta, only from salvage and destroying the Remnant Stations seems to be guaranteed, any ideas ? Does it conflict with the setting used in the starsector-core ?

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2024, 01:21:03 AM »

Thanks for the update ! But why is every time I use this mod for some reason Alpha Core suddenly vanished ? Doing several battles I only get Gamma and Beta, only from salvage and destroying the Remnant Stations seems to be guaranteed, any ideas ? Does it conflict with the setting used in the starsector-core ?

For some reason that's incredibly difficult to determine* mods which modify the automated ships skill interfere with core drop rates. When specced out of the skill cores should drop normally.

*Seriously, I've had myself and every modder I know review the code and nobody's come up with even a hint.

ventuso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2024, 03:30:52 AM »

For some reason that's incredibly difficult to determine* mods which modify the automated ships skill interfere with core drop rates. When specced out of the skill cores should drop normally.

*Seriously, I've had myself and every modder I know review the code and nobody's come up with even a hint.

Holy crap, automated ships ? I thought its the salvage skills that mess up the drop-rates....

fecdan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2024, 02:43:56 AM »

The title outside isn’t changed to 0.97

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2024, 12:53:56 PM »

The thread title is updated - where do you see that?

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2024, 06:12:29 AM »

Is there a way to disable hull restoration for capital ships specifically? What multiplier would I need to set them to in the settings?

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2024, 10:42:56 AM »

Is there a way to disable hull restoration for capital ships specifically? What multiplier would I need to set them to in the settings?

The next ship is picked essentially at random - setting an extreme multiplier for capital ships would just make it complete instantly or not for a loooong time. I'll consider building additional criteria toggles for the future.

fecdan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2024, 01:12:07 PM »

From the mod index page.
Here

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2024, 01:25:08 PM »

So I finished the usurper questline and didn't get a milestone but am level 8. Do I have to be level 10 to get it? That is what is says when I hover over it in the skill menu. When I reach level 10 do I get that milestone?

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2024, 04:57:00 PM »

So I finished the usurper questline and didn't get a milestone but am level 8. Do I have to be level 10 to get it? That is what is says when I hover over it in the skill menu. When I reach level 10 do I get that milestone?

Hi, this should be automatic. I've tested it in my latest save so I can only suggest the mission chain is incomplete. On an off chance are you using PAGSM?

From the mod index page.

Thanks, I'll poke someone.

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2024, 08:54:05 AM »

Hi, this should be automatic. I've tested it in my latest save so I can only suggest the mission chain is incomplete. On an off chance are you using PAGSM?

no I was just playing with diktat enhancement lite mode. Althought I restarted with diktact enhancement regular and will wait until level 10 before completing the quest chain this time.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20