Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 214257 times)

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.1.1
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2023, 12:03:47 PM »

> I don't want you guys working around silly issues while I'm procrastinating. Here's a functional update with proper 0.96 support. Full release version will include polish on actual skill effects. Appreciation to Sanrai for helping point out some of the changes.

Thanks!

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2023, 10:58:08 AM »

Quick question. I'm adjusting the "Hull Restoration Script" options in the settings. I want to make it impossible for the perk to restore Cruisers and Capitals over time, what multiplier would I put for them? 0? It seems like a HIGHER multiplier is a lower chance? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2023, 04:44:37 PM »

Quick question. I'm adjusting the "Hull Restoration Script" options in the settings. I want to make it impossible for the perk to restore Cruisers and Capitals over time, what multiplier would I put for them? 0? It seems like a HIGHER multiplier is a lower chance? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

I haven't written any config that would disable this, though that's a good idea. For now the only option would be to not take the fixing perk, changing the multipliers very high or low would mostly just break it regardless.

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2023, 05:59:41 PM »

Okay, gotcha. Thanks!

Ironstag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2023, 06:43:13 PM »

Hello,

Will this be updated for 0.96? or is it already compatible?

Thanks!

mipacem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2023, 01:27:36 AM »

newcomer to this mod (using the .96 prerelease); it's truly a godsend!

MendorTheKreeet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2023, 12:11:54 AM »

Hello ! so I tried to change some things in the Field repairs skill via Lunalib, specifically the FR_MAINTENANCE_REDUCTION_PERC, my goal here is to reduce the supply consumption rate (it was getting too stressful for me, and I thought that getting infinite supplies was very cheaty), however, the rate of maintenance did not change at all, I tried tuning it up and down, nothing
am I doing something wrong ? or is it a completely different skill that I have to adjust ? thank you !
Edit: nvm you had to edit the LunaSettings.csv file directly
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:57:59 AM by MendorTheKreeet »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.5.0
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2023, 02:06:36 AM »

I'm happy to announce Quality Captains 1.5.0 is now released! This version includes 10 perks that unlock over the course of a captain's adventures, and a final capstone perk that unlocks if you manage to achieve the entire set. Enjoy! Please report any bugs should you run into them.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2023, 02:42:37 AM »

I'm happy to announce Quality Captains 1.5.0 is now released! This version includes 10 perks that unlock over the course of a captain's adventures, and a final capstone perk that unlocks if you manage to achieve the entire set. Enjoy! Please report any bugs should you run into them.
Going by the lack of a modSettings.json file and that Changelog.txt makes no mention of any backcompatibility support in 1.5.0...

I'd be better off staying with the 1.2.0 preview release (?), if I still want to make use of my restored/modded re: overpowered skills?

maxismooth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2023, 04:42:35 AM »

Hi, this is my first time using the mod and I want to ask about the fact that my fleet burn level is x0.35 in deep hyperspace. I remember the value is around x0.65 before enabling this mod. Is this an intended feature, if so how can I change it? (I added the mod into an existing save). Thank you for updating this to 0.96  :)!

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2023, 05:23:30 AM »

Hi, this is my first time using the mod and I want to ask about the fact that my fleet burn level is x0.35 in deep hyperspace. I remember the value is around x0.65 before enabling this mod. Is this an intended feature, if so how can I change it? (I added the mod into an existing save). Thank you for updating this to 0.96  :)!
Yeah, I noticed this too, suddenly moving a lot slower in nebulas and deep hyperspace after the update. It looks like the Navigation perk's 30% movement penalty ignore isn't working at all, even if I change it to 100%.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2023, 07:46:41 AM »

I noticed that I seem to be moving quite slowly in nebulas and that my sensorprofile is tiny even with larger ships when I go dark. Is that intentded? (Compared to vanilla skills)
to be done some day... XD

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2023, 11:12:44 AM »

Navigation stuff! I changed the method to avoid a crude crash if too many mods are messing with the same value, but it seems not to be working out. Lemme address that real quick.

mllhild/Sensors: this I haven't heard before. I'm assuming you have the sensors skill? I'll try to replicate this.

Going by the lack of a modSettings.json file and that Changelog.txt makes no mention of any backcompatibility support in 1.5.0...

I'd be better off staying with the 1.2.0 preview release (?), if I still want to make use of my restored/modded re: overpowered skills?

Previous versions can upgrade to 1.5 by using uninstall mode. Toggle that, save, remove/replace the mod, resume. Old settings will be saved if you're using LunaLib, modSettings.json users will have to manually port to the csv format (easier than you think! Use Excel or LibreOffice calc!)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.5.1
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »

Download is updated! Navigation and Sensors both appear to be working as intended.

- Reverted a change to Navigation that was flipping the reduction to a penalty.
- Added some description and fully hooked up the fighter skill bonus given by officers. By default it's +50% effectiveness
- Rearranged a code check for better performance
- Hotfix: Un-hooked-up the fighter officer bonus code. It needs more time in the oven.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:47:45 PM by Dal »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.5.1
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2023, 05:20:21 PM »

I'm also pleased to announce the title post has skill descriptions again, woohoo! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20