Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: please improve the planet list  (Read 296 times)

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
please improve the planet list
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:59:59 AM »

so i want to find a planet not too far from the center without atmosphere and with low hazzard and close to a gate.
i am sure i have suveyed something like that in my game but:

actually finding that planet in my planet list is extremely frustrating.

- the planet list does not allow me to filter for special traits like no atmosphere
- it is extremely inconvinient to check for the planet location on the map because. i have to click that location button, wich then displays a tiny part of the map but closes the planet list. from there i have to set a course to the planet and then look on the map where the planet is located. then i have to open the intel screen and look up where the gates are.

this is so frustrating that when i first tried it i alt-f4ed the game after 2 minutes. this time i spend 10 minutes before doing that then comming here and writing this complaint / suggestion.

please: show the gates on the map too, and please integrate the planet list into the map. it also would be extremely helpful if the map had filters for planet specials and would allow for secondary sorting. like: sort by type first by hazzard second.
as it is now the data is scatterd across 3 different screens and can not be filtered. this is just borderline unusable.

thanks <3

oh, forgotten to mention this: if i look up a planets location on the map, it will reset the planet list scrolling. so good luck finding the planet i have looked up in the panet list again after looking up the location.
it even gets worse if i want to take specials like that cryoship into consideration.  i feel very frustrated right now because i should have all the information to make a qualified decission, but i cant use it because the presentation is so inconvinient to use.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 01:11:13 AM by Rauschkind »