Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.3 - information at your fingertips  (Read 252238 times)

Question2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stellar Networks 2.6.2 - information at your fingertips
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2023, 03:43:13 PM »

Im confused, so is explore the galaxy supposed to be integrated with this mod?

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2023, 04:34:06 PM »

Could you add in additional filtering options for the market searches? Shield type for ship searches, and sort by skill for staff? Or more specifically, a option to filter out skilled/unskilled admins?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2023, 04:44:33 AM »

> Excellent thank you, I'll pass it along.

FYI the new version will happen shortly after 0.96a release, e.g this change will be part of compatibility update for new Starsector version (a.k.a Stelnet 3.0)

> Im confused, so is explore the galaxy supposed to be integrated with this mod?

It was supposed to, but the author of that mod gave up. I am busy with work lately, so this large feature is right now not planned for any foreseeable future.

> Could you add in additional filtering options for the market searches? Shield type for ship searches, and sort by skill for staff? Or more specifically, a option to filter out skilled/unskilled admins?

I'll make a note and add shield types when I find some time. As far as I remember, admins got their skills removed / streamlined, so it's just a matter of admin level now?

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2023, 04:17:37 AM »

Skills and levels are disconnected for admins. SN does show a level for them on the search screen - L1, which I'm assuming means Level 1? - but that's shown for every admin. With a skill, with no skill, doesn't matter.

Question2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2023, 01:30:57 AM »

It was supposed to, but the author of that mod gave up. I am busy with work lately, so this large feature is right now not planned for any foreseeable future.

Oh i see, thanks for the explanation.

Incidentally, I noticed some issues with the contacts menu :

First of all, when you go to the contact list, it lists ALL the contacts you have...even if you have not developed them as a contact yet, so they clutter the screen. Would it be possible to only have it show the contacts you have developed? Excluding the contacts you have suspended would also be a great help.

Secondly, loading a save seems to clear all the settings you have saved for the contact list filters (the importance, type, etc). So it resets to selecting every contact again.

Im not 100% sure but i think calling contacts from the list will only generate vanilla missions? Nex adds a new type of mission where you can sell ships to a contact, and this is never generated when calling a contact from the list (but it will be if you speak to them in person).

For the markets screen, would it be possible to check for elite skills when searching for officers?

As for commodities, I noticed that often times it will just say "No Rows Present" when checking the "Profit" tab. Why is that?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:33:44 AM by Question2 »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stellar Networks 3.0.0 - information at your fingertips
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2023, 02:19:49 AM »

@Question2
1. Contact list will be adjusted. I will either show developed only (3.0.1), or add tabs: developed, suspended, available (3.1.0).
2. UI widget reset is intentional for now - happens everywhere right now, as I don't have a mechanism to save internal state of every button / toggle I create (game remembers it during gameplay, but after load it resets to defaults). I will look into improving user experience though...
3. Contacts from the list should generate all quests, not only vanilla ones. Code-wise, there's no difference from calling a contact "remotely" or via vanilla functionality. I'll check with Histidine though...
4. Elite skills in queries are coming.
5. There's no demand (doesn't mean you can't sell it for profit). Rework of that is on my list, though.

Speaking of which, 3.0.0 is out - only compatibility with 0.96a changes (feature wise it's the same build as 2.6.2).

Download from: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/download/3.0.0/stelnet-3.0.0.zip
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 02:28:10 AM by Jaghaimo »

brunocss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.0.0 - information at your fingertips
« Reply #276 on: May 11, 2023, 06:13:04 AM »

Would it be possible to add, into the Queries section, a searching option to sort all ships by its cargo, fuel, crew capacity...?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2023, 06:11:35 AM »

Would it be possible to add, into the Queries section, a searching option to sort all ships by its cargo, fuel, crew capacity...?

Yes. This would live in the middle tab of Query board - settings. You'll get a "Sorting" section, with option of "ascending" and "descending" and few strategies: "class" (current), "cargo", "fuel", "crew", "ordnance", "deployment". For anything with the same value, default 'alphabetical' sorting will further be applied.

Example: ascending sort by deployment - show lowest deployment cost ships first. For any that have the same deployment cost, order them alphabetically. Multi-sorting criteria are more pain that I am willing to do right now.

brunocss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2023, 12:25:35 PM »

Yes. This would live in the middle tab of Query board - settings. You'll get a "Sorting" section, with option of "ascending" and "descending" and few strategies: "class" (current), "cargo", "fuel", "crew", "ordnance", "deployment". For anything with the same value, default 'alphabetical' sorting will further be applied.

Example: ascending sort by deployment - show lowest deployment cost ships first. For any that have the same deployment cost, order them alphabetically. Multi-sorting criteria are more pain that I am willing to do right now.

Yeah. That would be awesome. There's to many ships in a modded game than my brain processing to analyze every and each one.

Cubano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2023, 04:28:26 PM »

It's almost too good this mod. Feels like cheating - being able to track down exactly what ship and weapon you want. I mean it is a huge time saver but you lose the emotional bump of finding stuff in the market randomly. Maybe it's just me.

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »

It's almost too good this mod. Feels like cheating - being able to track down exactly what ship and weapon you want. I mean it is a huge time saver but you lose the emotional bump of finding stuff in the market randomly. Maybe it's just me.
I also felt this when I first started using this mod, but the QoL was too good to give up so I "balanced" it myself by using the Starpocalypse mod (also by Jaghaimo). The only feature of Starpocalypse I use is Military Regulations, which removes most of the good ships and weapons from open markets. They'll still pop up on Stellar Networks, but less often and you'll have to either have access to military markets or wait for one to pop up on a black market.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2023, 03:21:50 AM »

I agree with both of you, and I bring some good news. After the next Stelnet version (which adds LunaLib integration for easier setting management, and Exploration tab filtering) I'll focus on making the mod more lore-friendly, specifically:

• Optional check for fleet being in comm array sensor range
  • Optional difficulty increases (like option to remove military grade ships from open markets, since the mod can make it TOO easy to build a fleet in vanilla or lightly modded games)
All configurable (and changeable) on the fly via LunaLib settings menu.

Trivia
The precursor to this mod (called Hyperspace Network) was born out of frustration. Finding a specific ship when playing with a lot of faction/content mods was a massive pain in 0.9.1a. 

Fun Fact
I often just disable Market functionality (queries + viewer) which makes this mod purely QoL (storage tracker, commodity comparison, quick contact calls).

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 03:26:24 AM by Jaghaimo »

Xzaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 21, 2023, 09:15:15 AM »

• Optional check for fleet being in comm array sensor range
  • Optional difficulty increases (like option to remove military grade ships from open markets, since the mod can make it TOO easy to build a fleet in vanilla or lightly modded games)
All configurable (and changeable) on the fly via LunaLib settings menu.

I love this mod and I try to restrict myself in using it to just buy everything.
Would it be possible to put a cooldown on the query refresh? Like only being able to refresh 1 query per month? (as an optional setting)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2023, 01:53:16 AM »

@Xzaven it feels a bit clunky, what I had in mind (optional setting ofc) was a Stellar Networks HQ as a station somewhere. You need to be within sensors range of it (or docked) to use Queries. Possibly for a fee as well. Once intel is provided, it's yours.

This would solve several under the hood issues, mostly with how the market content is generated and flushed / replaced: after 30 days or visiting (or searching) market intel might be stale, and new content might have appeared elsewhere.

Having said that, there are two other ideas I have planned for future releases:
- Stelnet working on a rumour basis (you'd know the thing is in a system, but not where exactly unless you were commissioned with a faction, had a storage on it, had a contact, or Nex agent, on the planet (https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/issues/65)
- Stelnet providing sightings of a ship - if you're looking for a ship that isn't sold anywhere, it'd provide intel for fleet that has this ship, e.g. "A Paragon was seen in a Tri-Tachyon fleet near Culann market in Hybrasil star system." (https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/issues/66).

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Stellar Networks 3.1.0 - information at your fingertips
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2023, 04:14:38 AM »

Stellar Networks 3.1.0 is out. Download from: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/releases/download/3.1.0/stelnet-3.1.0.zip

New features:
- Move setting handling from `stelnet.json` file to LunaLib. Requires LunaLib.
- Add Exploration tab mini-board that allows intel filtering. Works on intel added by CaptainsLog (will show additional filters).
- Add option to use Codex entry lists in query builder (default is to use known lists from visible factions).
- Add option for Commodities, Contacts, and Market modules to only work when within Comms range.
- Disallow remote calling contacts which have missions in progress. Can be disabled, allowing to call anyone anytime.

Improvements:
- Show admin skills in a tooltip (Query and Results).
- Remove suspended, developing, and lost contacts from Contacts board.
- Disable Black Market from Market Queries and Viewer by default (configurable via LunaSettings).

Bugfixes:
- Fix Sebestyen not showing up in contacts.
- Add missing Lion Guard ships (reskins) in query builder.
- Rework commodity intel persistence, fixes NPE crash on Starsector updates.
- Reset commodity selection in case currently selected commodity no longer exists.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:20:57 AM by Jaghaimo »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21