Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Think I might have softlocked myself  (Read 1973 times)

Didaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Think I might have softlocked myself
« on: April 06, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »

I made the mistake of choosing the exploration option for Finding Coureuse and it sent me to a star system to hunt down probes. I found 2 of them, and the third was recently salvaged so I was prompted to look for the person who gutted it, them supposedly still being in system.

Looked around for a solid 30 minutes using the sensor burst but didn't find any fleets marked for a quest, but there were a lot of independent fleets and I tried to hail most of them to no avail. Ended up deciding to come back later and left for the core worlds. I recently decided to return and try talking to the fleets again, but everyone is gone and there's definitely no one here.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to find them now and my intel doesn't show me where they are in the sector, should I just restart? I'm new and have a pretty tidy sum and a few colonies, I'd really prefer not to.

Star system is Aether if that matters at all.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Think I might have softlocked myself
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »

I think you should be able to return to the Academy and switch over to the diplomacy path instead? I vaguely recall...something or someone mentioning as much ingame.

Didaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »

I'll try that, I saved before I left.

Didaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:02:30 AM »

You're a lifesaver, thank you. Must have missed that when I picked it up.