Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: How do I edit the in-game sprite of my space station using save file?  (Read 533 times)

JuliannaClarke

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I'm working with Terraforming and Station Construction, which allows you to build and colonize space stations. But I want to change the sprite of my space station colony to something like station_jangala.png or station_sporeship_derelict.png (which you can find in starsector-core > graphics > stations). I know the name of my space station colony, "Taj Mahal", but it's hard to find where to replace the png image for the space station.
I'm assuming that it's this line of code:

<j0>{"f6":255.6601,"f0":"Taj Mahal","f3":"boggled_mining_station","f2":[255,240,220,255],"f4":"boggled_station_swapped_215_7_11"}</j0>

I'm also assuming that since this is a colony, it works the same for a planet's sprite.
Could someone help?

TLDR; I want to replace the sprite of a space station by editing my save file, but I don't know how. Please help.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How do I edit the in-game sprite of my space station using save file?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Julianna.

You might try asking boggled in the mod thread

I think that you may need to update the sprites in the data> config> custom_entities.json file in the TaSC mod folder.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How do I edit the in-game sprite of my space station using save file?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 06:05:46 PM »

I think you have to change what type of custom entity it is; you can't simply change the sprite. I'm not sure of the specifics, but that could get hairy.