Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a mod with a bigger Omen / Help with modding the EMP-System  (Read 1620 times)

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hello everybody,

is there a mod (a ship pack most likely) which features a ship (preferably a destroyer) with a system like the Omen?

I really like the Omen and the system is my favourite from the Vanilla systems, but the Omen gets a bit boring after countless of hours using it ^^

PS: I would do it myself, but I noticed I am horrible at actually making the sprites and left my own attempts at a single prototype.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:48:13 AM by Twogs »

ModdedLaharl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a mod with a bigger Omen
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:04:44 PM »

The Alastair from Arkgneisis does something very similar, and in my opinion pretty cool. Can't think of a directly upgraded EMP Emitter ship though. Since you mention though, it fits well with the idea behind my current project. I'll put it on my schedule. If you want, pass me your prototype and I'll use it as a reference.

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »

My prototype was a cruiser sized tempest (with 2 unique drones) I made 3 years ago, has nothing to do with this. : )

I tried to make it myself, but I didn't find where I could increase the ROF of the EMP or make it use more than one 'weapon hardpoint' to fire from. Do you by any chance know where I would have to look to change these?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »

Roider Union, a vanilla-friendly mod, has an EMP Emitter destroyer.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:43:29 PM »

Thanks, thats not bad. Not exactly what I was looking for, but not bad at all

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »

Thanks, thats not bad. Not exactly what I was looking for, but not bad at all

Yeah, it's not a sleek racecar like the Omen for sure! Interesting take on the EMP support ship though. I know that there's a mod somewhere with a modified EMP system ship that only arcs to one target but hits at higher frequency, more like an assault weapon, but I forgot which. Maybe someone else will remember the mod's name and post it.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »

Well if somebody could tell me how to mod the EMP more than the obvious changes in range and damage in the EMP.system file I would be glad, too. Then I could try making my own ship, let it be ugly, nobody but me will ever see it.

I have two ideas (both I can't do right now because I don't find where to change it):

1. Give the Destroyer 2 emitters, hence having an increased ROF (so far did neither find where I could increase ROF nor make it shoot out from 2 sources)

2. A chain EMP, if that is feasible at all.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:19:46 PM by Twogs »

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 02:22:50 AM »

So after diving through the files and the documentations you can find here and on the wiki, I still have no clue where the EMP system gets its stats from. (besides the damage and range from the .system file)

If anybody knows I would be so happy to learn about it.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think that the High Tech Expansion mod might have a weapon that does the same thing as Omen system. Maybe? Hard to remember.

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah outsourced the coding part to my brother, who luckily has far more expertise in that field than me ^^

I did the sprite in the meantime, well I tried to.