Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vast ruins is severely underperforming - borderline bugged  (Read 2709 times)

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
Vast ruins is severely underperforming - borderline bugged
« on: April 03, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »

So I have Tech Mining facility in Moskva which has Vast Ruins. The description is AMAZING however each month when I see what they delivered, I just simply become  :(
I have not even seen ANY other colony with Vast Ruins, so it must be special right?
https://imgur.com/qLKQN6n

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Vast ruins is severely underperforming - borderline bugged
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 01:46:42 PM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20442.0

There's a bug in the current release where if you've improved your tech mining it actually is decreasing the rewards (instead of multiplying by 1.25, its multiplying by 0.25).  Not sure if this may be your issue.  Sound like it is fixed for the next release candidate.

But yes, Vast ruins should be the best ruins to tech mine.  It does fall off over time, but the first few months at the very least should be pretty good.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:28:51 PM »

No it isnt imrpoved. Its just horrible in vanilla version.
https://imgur.com/XyFHY0s

I will just demolish it, it has zero value. Tho it is around 2 years old now that you mentioned it that it falls off. Sadly I have zero clue what it delivered in the first few months. But is this supposed to be this bad later?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:34:31 PM by KopiG »

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 03:30:55 PM »

I don't know the falloff formula, but after 2 years (24 reward rolls), yeah it's probably not worth it anymore.

Initially, you could have gotten things like blueprints and AI alpha cores.  Dunno if the new colony exploration goodies are possible or not - haven't tried it out in 0.9.5a.  But in my 0.9.1a games, after awhile I tended to decommission them eventually as well.  As for developer intention, I dunno if the return is expected to be less than upkeep at some point.  I do know the rare rewards fall off because they're not intended to be infinite blueprint and core generators.  After awhile I always replace them with a different industry.

Out of curiosity, what does the tool tip say when you hover your cursor over the tech mine on the colony screen?  A newly built one on a vast ruins will say something like "These ruins are largely untapped" at the very bottom of the tool tip.  My guess it'll say some thing like there's nothing valuable left in your tool tip.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 03:57:16 PM »

I will just demolish it, it has zero value. Tho it is around 2 years old now that you mentioned it that it falls off. Sadly I have zero clue what it delivered in the first few months. But is this supposed to be this bad later?

It's near worthless after the first year and you can hover over the industry to see the condition of the ruins. The text will be clearly indicating if it's done for.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 04:36:07 PM »

It's near worthless after the first year and you can hover over the industry to see the condition of the ruins. The text will be clearly indicating if it's done for.

I see thank you, my mistake on this one. So I suppose it is working as intended then.

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 07:32:45 PM »

Yeah no Vast Ruins is almost certainly bugged. I'm very new to the forums so I'm not sure exactly how bug reporting works but I hope someone brings it up.

I've run Vast Ruins for something like 2 years and got bupkes from it. Literally no "tech" except for fuels, supplies and metals - not even from the first roll. I'm not kidding. I've checked every month and there's just nothing. I'd offer my savefile as proof but it didn't occur to me to report so I just abandoned the colony.

Unless I'm an extremely unlucky player, I'm calling that a bug.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »

Yeah no Vast Ruins is almost certainly bugged. I'm very new to the forums so I'm not sure exactly how bug reporting works but I hope someone brings it up.

I've run Vast Ruins for something like 2 years and got bupkes from it. Literally no "tech" except for fuels, supplies and metals - not even from the first roll. I'm not kidding. I've checked every month and there's just nothing. I'd offer my savefile as proof but it didn't occur to me to report so I just abandoned the colony.

Unless I'm an extremely unlucky player, I'm calling that a bug.
Post it in Bug Reports and Support
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 08:07:41 PM »

In my game I'm tech-mining an expansive ruin and in the first ~6 months gotten a couple of blueprints, a gamma core or two, and a number of rare weapons & LPCs.