Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are the new redacted ships hard to find?  (Read 947 times)

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Are the new redacted ships hard to find?
« on: March 31, 2021, 01:12:51 AM »

Good day! I haven't found any new content save for the colony items, i've been to a few constellations but haven't found any of the new enemies to fight. Are they generated by special missions or just through exploring random star systems?

I know this is pretty spoilery, but i really wanna see the new content. Thanks in advance! :D

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: Are the new redacted ships hard to find?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 02:04:27 AM »

Good day! I haven't found any new content save for the colony items, i've been to a few constellations but haven't found any of the new enemies to fight. Are they generated by special missions or just through exploring random star systems?

I know this is pretty spoilery, but i really wanna see the new content. Thanks in advance! :D

Warning: do not open the spoiler brackets if you want to experience the new content in all it's glory and horror without any foreknowledge.

Spoiler
Look for a Blue Giant (it may aswell be a standard giant/supergiant in your game, but I think it's only the blue variety) at the edges of the known sector, you will find something orbiting the star.

You will have to interact with the object in order to see the new enemies and equipment.

I highly, highly suggest you to make sure every single unit you're going to deploy can in fact be replaced by either easily accessible purchasing or planet production of your own as a fleet wipe is all but guaranteed in the first encounter where you litterally will NOT know what you're facing until you're in actual combat.

Good luck!
[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:10:00 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 02:10:47 AM »

So you mean it's just a fleet of REALLY op ships? finally, a worth opponent! Our battle will be legendary!

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 02:19:44 AM »

So you mean it's just a fleet of REALLY op ships? finally, a worth opponent! Our battle will be legendary!

Yesn't. Again, read at your own Spolering peril:

Spoiler
I personally went in the fight with a fleet mainly composed of many Officered, double S-modded Fury destroyers with max capacitors, hardened 360 shields with 0.4 damage ratio, heavy blasters and Sabot MRM galore plus TWO double S-modded, Beta Core Brilliants with even more disgusting stats with the same mobility thanks to Safety Overrides AND Unstable Injector.

It did not matter. Everything I had got pulverized like a swarm of cockroaches squashed by a windscreen and I had to go back to the core sector, sobbing and crying about my Cocaine-squirrel fleet (in wich I had spent all of my story points to improve) being completely and utterly wiped from my Iron Mode game.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:21:17 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.