Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Skill reassignment improvements  (Read 535 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Skill reassignment improvements
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:44:21 AM »

Elite skills: keep the disabled skill elite, so that I could return to it later. Otherwise I'm pretty much locked out of elite promotions for skills I'm not 100% certain I'll never re-roll.

Permanent skills: allow to reassign, with following drawbacks:
- Officer Management: pop extra officers above cap from ships and prevent reassignment (same as when you pick up extra officers from pods)
- Officer Training: officer max and current level reduced to 5, officers with 6 skills get popped from ships and can't be reassigned until you pick 1 skill to remove.
- Special Modifications: any ship with above current cap vents/caps or 3 built-in hullmods suffer massive max CR reduction and/or high malfunction rate at any CR. This one I'm less certain about, since there doesn't seem to be as clean way to undo it. One option is to allow to remove built-in hullmods (optionally refunding spent SP cost: for example if it granted 70% bonus exp when built-in, the committed cost to be refunded is 30%).

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Skill reassignment improvements
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »

I agree with the desired goal here. Respeccing to pilot a new ship is a fun bit of gameplay, but not when it costs 5 story points instead of 1. Elite skills keeping their status if they are returned to would be very nice.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:39:22 PM »

Offhand, it sounds like a good gameplay choice. SP still are spent but options are opened, rather than burned.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »

I agree with the desired goal here. Respeccing to pilot a new ship is a fun bit of gameplay, but not when it costs 5 story points instead of 1. Elite skills keeping their status if they are returned to would be very nice.

I think you should just get the story points back frankly. Respend them if you want. I know they're supposed to be a semi-finite resource but you don't get XP for making a skill elite so its not exploitable for loads of bonus XP