Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a] Maximum of 2 non-built-in "Logistics" and new build in system  (Read 1513 times)

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile

Adding a logistics mod to a hull as a 'Built-in' mod does not change the number of logistics mods you can put on a hull.  Though the tooltip implies that once you've turned a mod into 'Built-in' it should no longer count towards this limit.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/bDWVVnl.png

Either the tooltip needs to be changed to clarify that adding "built-in" mods does not change this or changed so they don't count anymore.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Maximum of 2 non-built-in "Logistics" and new build in system
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:29:06 PM »

Good point; the tooltip is what's wrong here though. Made a note. Only logistical hullmods that are always an intrinsic part of the base hull don't count. On the other hand, I suppose I could see expanding this to logistical hullmods built-in via story points, for clarity if nothing else.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »

Good point; the tooltip is what's wrong here though. Made a note. Only logistical hullmods that are always an intrinsic part of the base hull don't count. On the other hand, I suppose I could see expanding this to logistical hullmods built-in via story points, for clarity if nothing else.
Given how things are named in the game, I don't think there's any way to do it with intrinsic only without causing confusion.

While I'd intended to make a stealth colossus that could keep up with my fleet in this case, letting the player stack up 4-5 logistic mods on a ship does let them make 'super' support ships.  They're unlikely to ever be destroyed, so there's generally minimum risk to spending story points on those ships for that purpose and is a good option for excess points in the early game.  They are the only thing that would be worth spending story points on for civilian support ships.  Whether or not that's in the spirit of the game or balanced obviously isn't my call.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »

Yeah, in general agreement with all your points here.