Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Insert option in fleet screen.  (Read 1791 times)

evil713

• Commander
    • View Profile
Insert option in fleet screen.
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »

The idea here is that in addition to the normal way of organising your forces in the fleet screen, you can drag a ship inbetween two ships, sliding the forces down instead of having to reorder all your forces. This becomes time taxing with large numbers of recent new ships.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: Insert option in fleet screen.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »

That would be nice to have indeed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »

Yep, good point - this is on my list of things to look at. One thing that's driving down its importance somewhat is that there'll be quite a bit less ships in fleets when fleet point limits are in (and going beyond the next version, especially, when you'll have to build up your Command skill to have more ships). So, I want to defer solving the problem until it's actually certain it exists.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

Even with just six or seven ships (easy to get with, say, an odyssey and some fighters), the lack of this feature is annoying.  The best way around it that I've found is to have some wasps (which I like having around anyway) and use them as a buffer where you think you'll want to add ships later.

That said, don't delay the next version just to put this in.  But it'd be nice to have eventually.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »

Even with just six or seven ships (easy to get with, say, an odyssey and some fighters), the lack of this feature is annoying.  The best way around it that I've found is to have some wasps (which I like having around anyway) and use them as a buffer where you think you'll want to add ships later.

That said, don't delay the next version just to put this in.  But it'd be nice to have eventually.

I like this. Not much more to add, just agreeing. It's a little thing in terms of time spent, but I do it a lot.