Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two autofit loadout bugs  (Read 625 times)

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Two autofit loadout bugs
« on: March 08, 2021, 08:16:08 PM »

Bug 1: When using autofit on a ship with modules, the modules will be fitted with weapons, but not hullmods.

Bug 2: When autofitting a ship with missile hardpoints beyond at a certain angle (+-48 degrees) they do not autofit correctly. Specifically, loadouts with Sabots in those slots seem to have a lot of problems equipping them. I have more details about the problem here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17229.msg271738#msg271738

Sorry if you've heard these before.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Two autofit loadout bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »

Moved this to modded since this doesn't really come up in vanilla. Well, I suppose the Buffalo Mk.II might exhibit some of the second? Seems to be working ok with autofitting stock loadouts, though, but those don't have Sabots.

If it does happen with Sabots + Buffalo Mk.II, and you can tell me a specific target Buffalo Mk.II loadout where it doesn't work, then I might be able to take a look prior to the release. If it's something complicated I still probably wouldn't want to touch it, though, for fear of breaking something at this late a stage.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 09:18:40 PM »

I can confirm that this occurs with small sabots + the Buffalo Mk.II:
[close]

It also pops up if you create a custom Gryphon variant that uses Sabot Pods in the side-facing medium missile slots:

(sorry about the size of the preview variant - those are Sabot Pods being replaced with Harpoon MRMs.)
[close]

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 07:05:25 AM »

Thanks, Rusty.

If it's something complicated I still probably wouldn't want to touch it, though, for fear of breaking something at this late a stage.
That would make me sad, but I wholly understand.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:41:02 AM »

Ah! Fixed this up. This was affecting all GUIDED_POOR weapons - autofit was excluding them from consideration for >45 hardpoints, even if they were the desired weapon in the goal variant. Fix is to check for if the weapon is the desired weapon; i.e. it still won't install Sabots (or other GUIDED_POOR weapons) unless they're specifically used in the goal variants.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 01:36:55 PM »

Great to hear! Thank you, Alex.