Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Various Suggestions  (Read 370 times)

Rnz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Various Suggestions
« on: February 24, 2021, 09:40:07 AM »

Hi,

firstly, outstanding game, secondly here's a couple of suggestions:
  • A dialogue option to space prisoners (space mind you, not put in cryo pods) after a fight. Especially recommended with pirates and p*thers
  • Actual weapon production quality. If producing weapons at >100% quality it'd be nice to have them have a boost to flux efficiency and/or accuracy
  • More high end mid-sized weapons
  • Every colony should have an independent market accessible by the player, by default.
  • When joining an ongoing fight, it should be possible to spawn behind the enemy fleet by positioning yourself in the game map
that's it for now. Please if you find these ideas intresting express it somehow, and with enough replies maybe this will catch alex's attention.

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:55:28 AM by Rnz »

TheLaughingDead

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Various Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »

Hello!

I think prisoners are a Nexerelin thing, unless I'm totally outdated?

I think a percentage quality would be too far, but I wouldn't exactly disagree with weapon D-mods or a couple quality levels (ie low-grade and high-grade effecting their stats). However, I'd rather the personality of combat be focused on ships and officers, which I think the next update is going to do far better at. It just seems to me that it would be too specific if each weapon had its own percentage efficiency, when at the end of the day that single weapon's quality will not be making a substantial difference in battle or tipping the favour.

I partially agree with more weapons. It would take a lot of time to test their efficacy because they have so many combinations and can be massed easily, even large mounts. Like above, I'd prefer focus on ships and officers and the like, but if more weapons were added, I have only one request: large missile atropos. Nothing turns me on more than seeing eight of those yellow suckers rain down upon an Onslaught's (now horrifically disfigured) armour.

Absolutely agree with the market. I think it would work better as a structure, because its use is pretty much purely QoL for my colony and not really needed (though I think next update Commerce will also boost income by a chonky percentage, so I'm not worried about Commerce's future).

The 'behind enemy fleet' idea sounds neato, but I don't think it should be based off of positioning on the map, but rather some ability or another used before encountering the enemy fleet. For example, 'Go Dark' and jump on an enemy, you could deploy on the sides (as their fleet spawns from the top so your flank would be squished if it came from that direction). Or (and I got this from another thread I think) an officer skill that allows their piloted ship to be deployed on the sidelines. It would be awesome to have some skirmishing ships harass an enemy's flank, or have an entire line of officer'd (?!) ships slam into their flank like a line of cavalry!

I'm hoping for a more cluttered battlefield. I don't need defensive deployments or anything, but whenever I find myself fighting such a large battle that chunks of dead ships are blocking shots and getting used as cover by the remarkable AI, I can't help but wish that I could see that kind of thing more often, without having to fight three enemy fleets at a time. Even just larger asteroids to head-bonk a frigate would be nice!
Something tells me this was attempted in the past but had a lot of missile usage and pathing difficulties, so understandable if it is outside of scope! (not that I understand anything about scope of the other requests...)

devurandom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Various Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 04:05:42 PM »

On weapon quality, different weapons are already rarer and "higher quality" than others. What if producing high tier weapons required a certain % of ship quality?

Hello!

I think prisoners are a Nexerelin thing, unless I'm totally outdated?
Proper prisoners are part of nex, but you can still "loot" crew members in vanilla.

A dialogue option to space prisoners (space mind you, not put in cryo pods) after a fight. Especially recommended with pirates and p*thers
Why not go further and let the player be Tarkin instead of Han? Put them in the brig, fly to their home planet, and make them watch as you saturation bomb their families. Bonus points if you release them and follow their shuttle to a hidden base afterwards.