Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: What will Personal Contacts add to station contacts?  (Read 818 times)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
What will Personal Contacts add to station contacts?
« on: February 06, 2021, 12:08:41 PM »

I plan to make a mod that dramatically expands apon the interactions you can have with station contacts. Ex. quartermasters can now give you supplies based on faction relation, personal relation, colony stability, their own personality, their own faction influencing them, etc. Will Personal Contacts affect this at all? From what I read, contacts are only found in the bar, thus, comm channel contacts are left untouched. But I'd just like to make sure that these contacts will be untouched prior to making this mod, so I don't waste my efforts.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: What will Personal Contacts add to station contacts?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:57:12 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I read what was in the blog post many different people can be -found- in the bar. It never stated they will only appear in the bar and nowhere else. Given the theoretical maximum of contacts are infinite and the bar is still using the normal number bar selection screen, I doubt the bar would be the only point of contact -after- a contact has been developed. They likely stay in the normal contact log after they are developed as a contact.