Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1102956 times)

Strauss_hd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)
« Reply #3330 on: April 24, 2024, 04:09:37 PM »

Hi all, I tried to search relevant topic but can't find it in this post.
I have encounter weird situation when I tried to build Perihelion Project.

To put in context, in my star system I colonize 6 planets. build 1 mining station , 2 siphon station and 1 Astropolis.
After I finished research Perihelion Project and build in one of the planet, I notice all other place still have the option to build perihelion project.
So to make it fun (and worst case already far to the game to revert back) I build Perihelion Project in all of my colony at almost the same time.

Please see attached image to show that multiple Hypershunt surrounding the blue giant but none of them have any effect.

Another thing, is there suppose to lock mechanism when 1 colony start to build Perihelion Project like what happen when you build Mining Station?
Even after I update to ver 9.0.8 I can still keep building Perihelion Project in all of my colony in the same star system.

Note:
TaSC ver. 9.0.8 (just update yesterday, nothing change and lucky not break my play through)
AoTD - VoK ver. 2.1 (tried to update to ver 2.1.4 end up crashed my play through so revert back to 2.1)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:11:47 PM by Strauss_hd »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: April 24, 2024, 04:38:35 PM »

will there be more terraform option in the future for too hot or too cold , volcano and cyro planet?

You can configure this yourself right now thanks to Evangel's changes, but I do plan on creating an example configuration that allows this at some point.
is that the terraforming_requirements_OR.csv ?

Yes, and also the other CSV files in tasc\data\campaign\terraforming. There's a documentation file where you can read how the files work.

To put in context, in my star system I colonize 6 planets. build 1 mining station , 2 siphon station and 1 Astropolis.
After I finished research Perihelion Project and build in one of the planet, I notice all other place still have the option to build perihelion project.
So to make it fun (and worst case already far to the game to revert back) I build Perihelion Project in all of my colony at almost the same time.

Please see attached image to show that multiple Hypershunt surrounding the blue giant but none of them have any effect.

Another thing, is there suppose to lock mechanism when 1 colony start to build Perihelion Project like what happen when you build Mining Station?
Even after I update to ver 9.0.8 I can still keep building Perihelion Project in all of my colony in the same star system.

Note:
TaSC ver. 9.0.8 (just update yesterday, nothing change and lucky not break my play through)
AoTD - VoK ver. 2.1 (tried to update to ver 2.1.4 end up crashed my play through so revert back to 2.1)

Hmm, there is no "lock" mechanism to prevent construction of Perihelion Project on multiple colonies in the same system. I'll add that in a future release.

If you have AotD enabled, AotD does not recognize the Perihelion Project hypershunts due to an oversight with the mod interactions. I also plan to fix this in a future release - sorry for the inconvenience!

doujinftw96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 24, 2024, 08:02:41 PM »

will there be more terraform option in the future for too hot or too cold , volcano and cyro planet?

You can configure this yourself right now thanks to Evangel's changes, but I do plan on creating an example configuration that allows this at some point.

Yes, and also the other CSV files in tasc\data\campaign\terraforming. There's a documentation file where you can read how the files work.

Note:

Hmm, there is no "lock" mechanism to prevent construction of Perihelion Project on multiple colonies in the same system. I'll add that in a future release.

If you have AotD enabled, AotD does not recognize the Perihelion Project hypershunts due to an oversight with the mod interactions. I also plan to fix this in a future release - sorry for the inconvenience!
ok im very confuse at 1st i thought i could just turn all of these to true and it would work to accept all temperature planets but instead it become the planet requirement for terraform need to be very hot or very cold, so my gameplay turn into i shutdown the game, turn it back to false ,terraform, shutdown the game, turn it back true, over and over, so can i just delete these lines to make it work for any planet temperature?
terraforming_colony_not_cold_or_very_cold
terraforming_colony_hot_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_not_very_cold_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_not_hot_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_very_cold
terraforming_colony_temperate_or_hot
terraforming_colony_temperate_or_cold
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 08:13:14 PM by doujinftw96 »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 25, 2024, 08:11:35 AM »

Spoiler

Note:

ok im very confuse at 1st i thought i could just turn all of these to true and it would work to accept all temperature planets but instead it become the planet requirement for terraform need to be very hot or very cold, so my gameplay turn into i shutdown the game, turn it back to false ,terraform, shutdown the game, turn it back true, over and over, so can i just delete these lines to make it work for any planet temperature?
terraforming_colony_not_cold_or_very_cold
terraforming_colony_hot_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_not_very_cold_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_not_hot_or_very_hot
terraforming_colony_very_cold
terraforming_colony_temperate_or_hot
terraforming_colony_temperate_or_cold

[close]

I haven't worked on it yet myself, but it's my understanding you can remove the requirements related to planet temperature and/or planet type to allow terraforming of volcanic planets (or other types, like gas giants).
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223]