Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vanilla Skin Tweaks  (Read 1372 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Vanilla Skin Tweaks
« on: October 23, 2020, 07:12:13 PM »

Tweaks a few vanilla skins to make them a bit more interesting. Mostly pirate ones where they were just a different color despite being written "heavily modified". Also fixes the bug where Gremlin (P) and (LP) wont spawn and heavy industry cannot produce them.

Hound (P)
Ship system changed to Maneuvering Jets.

Cerberus (P)
Ship system changed to Accelerated Ammo Feeder.

Gremlin (P)
Small missile slots changed to energy.

Kite (P)
Small ballistic slot changed to energy.

Enforcer (P)

Enforcer (XIV)
Ship system changed to Damper Field.

How to make this mod
Make a new folder in your mods folder and paste contents below into some text editor and save the file contents inside the new folder with the name "mod_info.json"
Code
{
"id":"vanillaskintweaks",
"name":"Vanilla Skin Tweaks",
"version":"1.0",
"description":"Tweaks some ship skins to make them a bit more interesting. Also fixes the bug where gremlin skins do not spawn.",
"gameVersion":"0.9.1a",
}
Make a folder named "data" in the same folder as "mod_info.json" then make another folder named "hulls" inside "data" and finally make a folder named "skins" inside the "hulls" folder.
Paste contents below into a text editor and save with appropriate name above the code box.
gremlin_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
"weaponSlotChanges": {
"WS 002": {
"type": "ENERGY"
},
"WS 003": {
}
},
}
hound_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
"systemId":"maneuveringjets",
}
kite_pirates.skin
Code
{
}
},
}
cerberus_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
"systemId":"ammofeed",
}
enforcer_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
}
enforcer_xiv.skin
Code
{
"systemId":"damper",
}
Make a folder named "world" inside the "data" folder and then make a folder named "factions" inside of it. Paste content below into a text editor and save with the name "default_ship_roles.json"
Code
{
"phaseSmall":{
"gremlin_luddic_path_Strike":10,
"gremlin_d_pirates_Strike":10,
},
}
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:25:40 PM by mora »

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vanilla Skin Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »

Hound (P)
Ship system changed to Maneuvering Jets.
Weird choice but Ok.

Cerberus (P)
This is a substantial buff, AAF is very strong especially on a ship with medium ballistics. This applies even more to the Enforcer(P).

Gremlin (P)
Small missile slots changed to energy.

Kite (P)
Small ballistic slot changed to energy.
Quite a bit of a nerf, especially for the gremlin, as small energies tend to be substantially weaker. And doesn't feel very pirate-y? If anything (P) skins tend to change slots from energy to ballistic.

Enforcer (XIV)
Ship system changed to Damper Field.
This one feels a bit unneeded considering it already has the XIV hullmod to differentiate itself from the base hull, and also because Damper Field makes it just more annoying to fight as it gets really tanky.

Also, I recommend hosting on an external website, as forum attachments are periodically purged, so the file will go away quickly.
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 09:31:28 PM »

Also, I recommend hosting on an external website, as forum attachments are periodically purged, so the file will go away quickly.
This mod is like 8 lines of text so Ill just write them on the first post.

And for the questionable changes.... I just wanted them to be different in some way instead of being a waste of RAM, worse or not. The Enforcer XIV is unneeded and the (P) variant is like super buffed but I changed them this way because I really hate the Burn Drive system. of my playstyle of Autopiloting everything.(AI doesn't use it much)
The Hound (P) is when you want to have a Hound that isn't slowed down too much when installing a makeshift shield. Or just a faster Hound that lasts a bit longer than the (LP) variant.
The Cerberus (P) was just meant to be an (LP) version without safety overrides. Also because I hate the Burn Drive.
The Gremlin (P) is for when you want the cheapest phase ship with antimatter blasters... even if they instantly max your flux out.
The Kite (P) was changed just for the sake of being different. In fact, even without this mod the pirate Kite doesn't have the CIVILIAN hint so it was already different. Maybe a hybrid slot is better.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »

Oh I forgot the Cerberus(LP) has AAF, my bad lol
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 05:13:48 PM »

How to make this mod
Make a new folder in your mods folder and paste contents below into some text editor and save the file contents inside the new folder with the name "mod_info.json"
Code
{
"id":"vanillaskintweaks",
"name":"Vanilla Skin Tweaks",
"version":"1.0",
"description":"Tweaks some ship skins to make them a bit more interesting. Also fixes the bug where gremlin skins do not spawn.",
"gameVersion":"0.9.1a",
}
Make a folder named "data" in the same folder as "mod_info.json" then make another folder named "hulls" inside "data" and finally make a folder named "skins" inside the "hulls" folder.
Paste contents below into a text editor and save with appropriate name above the code box.
gremlin_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
"WS 002": {
},
}
},
}
hound_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
"systemId":"maneuveringjets",
}
kite_pirates.skin
Code
{
}
},
}
cerberus_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
}
enforcer_d_pirates.skin
Code
{
}
enforcer_xiv.skin
Code
{
"systemId":"damper",
}
Make a folder named "world" inside the "data" folder and then make a folder named "factions" inside of it. Paste content below into a text editor and save with the name "default_ship_roles.json"
Code
{
"phaseSmall":{
"gremlin_luddic_path_Strike":10,
"gremlin_d_pirates_Strike":10,
},
}
[close]
Ah, I see IKEA has gotten into the Starsector modding business