Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 601128 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1005 on: March 26, 2021, 02:03:09 PM »

It's good stuff.

My weekend is freed up and I'm ready to start making my update to-do list - after I get a chance to fly around and indulge myself a bit.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 26, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »

Would you mind posting the stack trace from the log?
I don't mind. Can you tell me where to find it? I knew but forget.

Thank you! It'd be in starsector.log, which I believe is under starsector-core/. It'd be the last thing at the time of the crash. Stack traces look...  something like this:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19997.0

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 26, 2021, 02:07:52 PM »

I just want to say that I love the quality of the writing. I'm making really slow progress because I'm reading everthing, often multiple times, and let the words unfold their images in my mind.

(I hope I'm allowed to say it, but - I absolutely *love* David's writing!)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 26, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »

Holy wow, CR loss from being under crew is permanent now and needs to be paid for with supplies! Well, it takes a few days, but still, thats a huge change!

Seconded on the writing! It took me about 4x longer to go over the new skills than it would have if I hadn't been reading all of them and chuckling.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 26, 2021, 02:11:06 PM »

10601848 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.actionTaken(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.oOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I think it is this.
Happen n combat with pirates. Was winning easily.
Can upload whole log and drop save if needed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 26, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »

Holy wow, CR loss from being under crew is permanent now and needs to be paid for with supplies! Well, it takes a few days, but still, thats a huge change!

Huh, interesting. That was not exactly intentional; made a note to take a look. Not a "bug" per se, and not something I'd want to touch for any sort of hotfix, but, right, noted for the future.

@Sarissofoi: Thank you! Do you happen to remember what orders you gave? It looks like it crashed as a result of some order being given. I *think* I have this fixed up, but it's a little hard to verify. If you can email me your save (to fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com)  - if you still have it handy before the fight - that might help, too.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 26, 2021, 02:19:29 PM »

219375 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.actionTaken(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO._.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.oOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
It happen again in the same combat.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 26, 2021, 02:21:33 PM »

Ok, that's good, actually! If you can send me the save then there's a good chance I can confirm the fix. And if you tell me what order you gave that triggered the crash, that'd help even more.

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 26, 2021, 02:25:13 PM »

Just did a smuggling mission and when I got to the planet the contact wasn't in any of the coms lists (so I couldn't complete the mission)

Not had that issue before. Assuming that's a bug?

(Had to just sell the harvested organs on the black market for small profit)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:34:06 PM by Ryan390 »

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 26, 2021, 02:29:20 PM »

Honestly.
No idea.
I am not best pilot and may push the wrong button at the wrong time.
I win it 3rd time and it didn't crash during it.
I will send the current log and save.
Its the pirate fleet close to sun going on intercept course.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 26, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »

I just want to say that I love the quality of the writing. I'm making really slow progress because I'm reading everthing, often multiple times, and let the words unfold their images in my mind.

(Thank you! It's slightly terrifying to put this much into writing that'll be read by ... a lot of people. Glad you like it :)

Dex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 26, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »

David, a little TINY thing, but i appreciate the use of the word 'discrete' when first talking to the Provost. Its homonym would be equally valid in the sentence, and as far as im aware, far more common.

Academician, not seen that word for a couple decades.

'Let the Ludds preach their silly religion, but one way or the other I shall see this compound burned, seared, and sterilized until every hiding place is found and until every last Volturan Lobster egg, every last slimy one, has been cooked to a smoking husk. That species shall be exterminated, I tell you! Exterminated!'

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 26, 2021, 03:02:40 PM »

Just did a smuggling mission and when I got to the planet the contact wasn't in any of the coms lists (so I couldn't complete the mission)

Not had that issue before. Assuming that's a bug?

(Had to just sell the harvested organs on the black market for small profit)

Ah, hmm - there's no contact for that mission. You just need to come into market without patrols being aware, and it should auto-complete. There's a text telling you you're not able to complete it if you dock but patrols are aware.

Honestly.
No idea.
I am not best pilot and may push the wrong button at the wrong time.
I win it 3rd time and it didn't crash during it.
I will send the current log and save.
Its the pirate fleet close to sun going on intercept course.

Thank you! Wasn't able to get it to crash on my end to be 100% sure, but still, hopefully the fix I put in will cover it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help with this.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 26, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »

Only just started (and died a few times, it's been awhile since i've done a "fair" start), but holy hell is the speed increase a beautiful QOL change.

Love the new skills/descriptions as well.  Stumbled into "a plot?" by just accidentally winding up at the station that starts it, so that's nice (helps that they have a system bounty as well).

EclipseRanger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 26, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »

Absolutely fantastic!The more new things I see in the update,the more excited I get!Major kudos to the entire team.
This might not be the best place to post it(please let me know if there is a better one) but I encountered something I believe to be a bug.It's extremely easy to reproduce.
Basically,whenever I press F5 to quicksave,while the save bar is progressing,the game wobbles a bit(as in,the planets wobble,my fleet wobbles,nearby fleets wobble) as if my camera is wobbling.The game process itself is fine,it's just that everything wobbles when I quicksave.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 146