Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Hottest of Fixes Ed., 0.3.4f)  (Read 249179 times)

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Even More Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2021, 03:18:17 AM »

Brighton ships have absolutely stupid amounts of missiles per DP. Pure brighton fleets most certainly do work, perhaps too well even.
So it's not an issue then? Since the AI in this game blows their entire missile load on the first frigate to come into their sight.

Killsode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Hottest of Fixes Ed., 0.3.4f)
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »

i just found the "spooky boi" in his s#*[email protected] little system in the corner of map... it is now my life goal to rid this ABOMINATION from the sector... thank you, i love the writing but this chaos warped abomination is terrible and must be put to an end.

Jade Tendency

• Ensign
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Even More Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2021, 12:44:49 AM »

fiddled around with a brighton federation playthrough the other day. i think the stats for maneuverability on some of the ships could use some tuning. the lumen seems too twitchy. the bastillon seems too sluggish. some of the penalties for the lower range of salvaged vanilla ships seem too harsh. especially the extra vulnerability of weapons and engines. i don't generally feel very encouraged to play with a brighton fleet that works 'thematically' within its own roster. the brighton line of salvaged vanillas--mostly combat freighters--don't seem good enough to spend much time with. the custom brighton ships are more interesting. but very difficult to get my hands on most of the cruisers. and the heterogeneous mixture of reworked lowtech and reworked hightech within the overall roster makes i think for not very good fleet composition. the combat freighters are not up to even middle of the road pirate and lowtech stuff. the hightech stuff flies rings around the lowtech stuff. things basically don't go very well together.

TBF it makes sense that a faction with salvaged ships using whatever they can get their hands on don't have the most overall cohesive fleet doctrine.

BreenBB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2021, 09:54:28 AM »

I got crash in Manchester when I salvaged one of stations which says what hmi_fighteritu is not found. I checked in mod folder, while hullmod hmi_fighteritu removed from hull_mods.csv its still present in source files and in hmi_shell.ship.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 09:57:53 AM by BreenBB »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2021, 03:22:28 AM »

I got crash in Manchester when I salvaged one of stations which says what hmi_fighteritu is not found. I checked in mod folder, while hullmod hmi_fighteritu removed from hull_mods.csv its still present in source files and in hmi_shell.ship.

Yes, that one was discovered relatively recently. The newest version of HMI fixes that problem by putting the hullmod back in.

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2021, 05:53:40 AM »

0.95 is the first time I used HMI and boy am I glad I did. The Domain Resurgent stuff and dealing with the Spooky bois is the most fun I've had in Starsector next to Vayra HVBs. I hope you do some more story-type content in the future, there aren't many mods that do it and I think Starsector is a great platform for it.

10/10 mod

Oh yeah, and the faction is nice too  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]