Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gentleman, post your screenshots! (image hosting links in first post)  (Read 13538 times)

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Gentleman, post your screenshots!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 03:42:34 AM »

I can't see putting a HIL there if that's what you're implying Vandala. It's that or a plasma cannon, imo.

I have a HIL on mine, but i also have two AMBs since i dont have those point hogs on it. two AMBs hitting armor does more than a lance from what ive learned or at least experienced

.....yeah, but with the lance you can do it from a ridiculous range. That's the point of the lance, not the damage. If all you wanted was damage, you ought to have flown something with decent ballistics.

Bah, lead shooters 1 and 2, ill stick with my pew pew laser guns and destroying battleships in peace.

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Gentleman, post your screenshots! (image hosting links in first post)
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »

Hey man, I'm not hatin' on the energy weapons, I'm just saying, it doesn't make much sense to use a HIL but not a Lance. The Lance is like a HIL except better in pretty much every single way, other than sustainability, and really, what little damage it adds to the fight is sustainable-- for the enemy shields that is.

I'm just not impressed with the HIL. Bad thoughts about that particular mission.

AM Blasters are nice though. Some of my favorite energy weapons.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »

Hey man, I'm not hatin' on the energy weapons, I'm just saying, it doesn't make much sense to use a HIL but not a Lance. The Lance is like a HIL except better in pretty much every single way, other than sustainability, and really, what little damage it adds to the fight is sustainable-- for the enemy shields that is.

I'm just not impressed with the HIL. Bad thoughts about that particular mission.

AM Blasters are nice though. Some of my favorite energy weapons.
Your forgetting that HIL is getting a damage boost in the next release, their overall damage will be better, plus the lance is going to cost more flux.

cloakdood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »

This is my ship configuration: http://i.imgur.com/ZJtTy.png

I usually just avoid putting missiles on my ships. I find them to be not as cost-effective as other weapons.
I also never use point-defense weapons because the shield can usually take care of things, and I often destroy most of the fighter before they get into weapons range.
My apogee variant deals with flux pretty well, and I rarely need to vent. I usually just hold my fire with my shield up and the flux drains fine.

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

Your forgetting that HIL is getting a damage boost in the next release, their overall damage will be better, plus the lance is going to cost more flux.

But it ain't here yet.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

Plus lance cost so much points 32. HIL is only 20. Pretty neat for the same damage right now.

You can add a whole graviton beam for that price and still have 2 points to spare.

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 11:48:25 AM »

Yeah, but I'd rather pay 32 OP for a weapon that will help me shut down the enemy in map control, than pay 20 OP for a weapon that will pretty much do nothing.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:51:02 AM »

Got two HIL on my Odyssey, that's saving me 24 points. Modifications are expensive of those big ships you know.

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »

What the hell else are you going to spend that OP on if not good weapons? More vents? You won't win fights by just having a lot of flux.

cloakdood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »

I think the long-range advantages of the Tachyon Lance are worth the OP cost.

It's just personal preference, really.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:49:26 PM by cloakdood »

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »

I'm over doing it with the flak it seems.

Might need to increase the spread. I also found a way around those blindingly bright flashes- sunglasses . I pull them down from my forehead just before the explosions.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:37:26 PM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »

What the hell else are you going to spend that OP on if not good weapons? More vents? You won't win fights by just having a lot of flux.
All you need is just enough weapons to get throe a shield, that's enough. That the difference between balistic and energy, tough vs speed.

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »

I like lone carriers :D

lordgiza

• Commander
  • Best Badass in a long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

I also found a way around those blindingly bright flashes- sunglasses. I pull them down from my forehead just before the explosions.
Really you should see in Big Battles random battles when you vs a fleet of Piranha's, there is so much bloom it literally covers the entire map.
A general is just as good or just as bad as the troops under his command make him.
-Douglas MacArthur

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »

All you need is just enough weapons to get throe a shield, that's enough. That the difference between balistic and energy, tough vs speed.

Which the HIL pointedly can't do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4