Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Onslaught XIV blueprint?  (Read 3351 times)

Tertius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Onslaught XIV blueprint?
« on: September 18, 2020, 07:13:16 AM »

Hey everybody, congrats Alex and all involved (modders aswell) for this amazing game, and all the fun time I had with it.

So, for you fellow forum gurus, I have this doubt, is it possible at all to obtain an Onslaught xiv blueprint for my pristine nanoforges build, or, is the xiv battlegroup variant salvageable/buyable only?
If the former, what would be my best bet to farm for it?
Any advice is more than welcome!
Thanks.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Onslaught XIV blueprint?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 08:46:09 AM »

Almost sure, that it is possible.

Try raiding Chicomoztoc. You would need couple thousand of marines to do this effectively, tho'.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »

Raesvelg is far less defended, raid that instead!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 10:01:49 AM »

Truth. However in my experience it gives far lesser loot. On the other hand, some save-loading can help to achieve  desirable from the first raid even from Raesvelg.

Also, could be entirely wrong in my statement about Raesvelg, that wouldn't be a first time. ;D
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »

It you only want blueprints then it's as good as any hegemony industry world, otherwise yeah you might not collect the unlimited stores of Chicomoztoc (to later sell back to them on the black market for mad cash!)

Tertius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 03:41:06 PM »

Thanks guys for the replies,.
The thing is I almost always tend to befriend the Hegemony, and in this particular save, i even have a commission from them. In case I manage to raid them, what would be the worst I could expect? A hit in relations with my faction? And I also am trying a kind of an iron man mode, no reloads and if I die(my onslaught xiv)that's it lol.
Dark mode is mandatory so I should expect a bit of an opposition.
Last but not least, should I take out the battlestation first, before raiding, for a better chance perhaps?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

This is the place I raid when I want blueprints from Hegemony, and my third raiding spot of choice for blueprints aside from New Maxios (Indies) and Asher (Church).  Chicomoztoc is too heavily defended.  While I like vendor trash, when I want a blueprint, that is all I care about, so... Raesvelg it is when I want Hegemony exclusive stuff (or if Raesvelg is the easiest place to get it... I think they have railguns, and railguns are good).

@ Tertius:  Stealth raids, or raiding while transponder is off.  You will lose rep, but not much.  If you really need rep in a pinch, turn in your useless gamma cores to the Hegemony, or let the zombie pirates raid some of their systems and clean up the mess after the Hegemony posts a system bounty.

Tertius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 08:08:52 PM »

Alright, thank you all very much.
Raesvelg it is.
Gonna make me a fleet of xiv's or I'm not the best orange merc the Hegemony had the luck to commission.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 02:48:46 AM »

Yeah to be fair, reputation is just a resource to be spent on pirating and raiding that faction. So long as you do it secretly.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 05:44:41 AM »

Yeah to be fair, reputation is just a resource to be spent on pirating and raiding that faction. So long as you do it secretly.
Also a buffer from the rep hits caused by expeditions.  I consider this part of the babysitting problem too.  Part of chasing whack-a-mole pirates includes cleaning up system bounties to fix rep problems caused by repeated expeditions.  Also, instead of bribing, player can spend 25 reputation instead of money to avert expeditions, if rep is high enough.

Eventually, I get sick of this and want to sat bomb and kill them all to eliminate this nonsense.  Of course, after I get all of the blueprints first.