Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)  (Read 331712 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Star Federation v0.97.33 - Inspired by FTL (4/5/2022)
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2022, 01:35:08 PM »

ROCK SHIP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Star Federation v0.97.33 - Inspired by FTL (4/5/2022)
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2022, 02:01:05 AM »

RC3:
Spoiler
-Added Star Federation stations.
    -T1 rotates fast, has a deadly combat module, and has separate (but weaker) shields. Plus one ASB (Hellbore).
    -T2 is slower rotating but has massive attack modules that can shunt hard flux. Gets a full ASB compliment.
    -T3 has supercharged ASB/Hellbores, Drive disruptors on attack modules, Ravelin drones, and a lowtech minefield.
    -Speeen.
    -Will only be applied to the Federation's homeworld in new games.
    -Can build if rep with the Federation is at welcoming.

Rebellion-class Battleship
    -System actually overloads the ship at low flux.
    -Increased DP from 55 to 60.
    -Shield efficiency nerf, 0.8 -> 0.9 flux/damage.
    -Mod Rebellion DP increased to 60 (if it already wasn't).

-Fixed Tarrifs, but only in new games. Enjoy not funding healthcare.
-Fixed some more descriptions, thank you Avanita!
-Some more stuff I probs forgotted.```
[close]
Download in the main post!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:24:17 AM by FasterThanSleepyfish »

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Star Federation v0.98-RC3 - Inspired by FTL (9/16/2022)
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2022, 02:46:01 AM »

SPEEN

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2022, 06:42:57 PM »

Oh, your labelling Hellbores as Anti-Ship Batteries gave me an idea: Why not make an actual Anti-Ship Battery weapon?

In FTL it was supposed to be something only the largest ships can carry, so it would make sense as a large slot weapon. It could be extremely inaccurate as it is in FTL, and have slow projectiles, but with a ludicrous range, making it good only for anti-cruiser/capital artillery, and would be beat at closer ranges by more accurate, more efficient weapons. Given that it pierces shields in FTL, you could maybe make it do kinetic damage, but with a very large damage per shot, making it blast through them instead.

I'm not insisting or anything, but I think it's doable as a weapon.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2022, 06:48:35 PM »

Oh, your labelling Hellbores as Anti-Ship Batteries gave me an idea: Why not make an actual Anti-Ship Battery weapon?

In FTL it was supposed to be something only the largest ships can carry, so it would make sense as a large slot weapon. It could be extremely inaccurate as it is in FTL, and have slow projectiles, but with a ludicrous range, making it good only for anti-cruiser/capital artillery, and would be beat at closer ranges by more accurate, more efficient weapons. Given that it pierces shields in FTL, you could maybe make it do kinetic damage, but with a very large damage per shot, making it blast through them instead.

I'm not insisting or anything, but I think it's doable as a weapon.

You're correct! I want to do a big update expanding weapons across the board. Ion, heavy lasers, Gatling lasers, and naturally the ASB. Should be next, along with rebel skins and more alien ships.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2022, 05:12:26 AM »

Superb mod, nothing more to add. :D

DeathSeeker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2022, 05:27:17 PM »

You should include new ships in random fleets. Like random mantis or rock ships can be found in bounty pirate fleets. Currently as it is, they're really difficult to find, while these ships aren't rare in FTL (except the crystal one, he's really difficult to find). Can't buy them, can't find them in fleets, derelicts are rare, historians giving you what you want is extremely rare.

_YuukiFeya_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »

Hi, I have play this mod with Commission crew and Nexerelin. It look like I can't received the Commission bonus if you are in alliance but not directly commission by Star Federation while other factions have no issues with this. I'm not sure whether it is Star Federation issues so I apologize in advance if it is not.

Anyway thank you for developing this awesome mod!

Snowy1237

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2022, 05:48:30 AM »

Hello, I have a problem that Scaria seems to be considered a station by TASC (when giving out the "cramped quarters" condition), and the Tariffs are at 30% even with nexerelin (I started the game with the latest version).

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2022, 03:24:42 PM »

Superb mod, nothing more to add. :D

Thank you!

You should include new ships in random fleets.

I'll consider putting them in scavenger fleets, though I don't know how I'll feel adding them to normal Federation markets/fleets. Will definitely add them to Prism Freeport's high end seller too.

Hi, I have play this mod with Commission crew and Nexerelin. It look like I can't received the Commission bonus if you are in alliance but not directly commission by Star Federation while other factions have no issues with this.

Oh... you're right. Sorry about that, I'll get a fix in!

Hello, I have a problem that Scaria seems to be considered a station by TASC (when giving out the "cramped quarters" condition), and the Tariffs are at 30% even with nexerelin (I started the game with the latest version).

Yeah, I'm sorry, it seemed to be the only way to generate the market mid-game with a custom sprite. Now that the Federation Station is in, I won't feel as bad about removing the custom sprite - should be fixed next update and a new save! And thank you!

Noobymcnoobnooberson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2022, 02:10:21 AM »

The ship systems csv file is missing it says and I can't open the game, I have other mods but aren't running them and it still happens
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 02:14:17 AM by Noobymcnoobnooberson »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2022, 02:23:10 AM »

The ship systems csv file is missing it says and I can't open the game, I have other mods but aren't running them and it still happens

Please delete the whole old mod before dragging in the files for the newest version.

Noobymcnoobnooberson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2022, 12:12:21 AM »

Please delete the whole old mod before dragging in the files for the newest version.
I deleted the whole FED file after that happened but it still hasn't worked, looked into the zip and the shipsystems is a csv file by default

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2022, 12:54:42 AM »

I deleted the whole FED file after that happened but it still hasn't worked, looked into the zip and the shipsystems is a csv file by default

Did you update from starfed 0.97? If so, it's not save compatible.

Noobymcnoobnooberson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2022, 07:22:39 AM »

Did you update from starfed 0.97? If so, it's not save compatible.
Oh nvm I'm a frickin idiot and it was because there was somehow still rogue old files in the FED foldier messing it up. Good mod mate and love how much you care about it!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 07:29:10 AM by Noobymcnoobnooberson »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21