Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)  (Read 331639 times)

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2023, 09:10:46 AM »

Ok. In my last post, I thanked you for the love you gave the Legion before I found it.

I have now found a derelic one and armed it... Please - PLEASE - do not nerf or buff it. It is PERFECT as it is now.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2023, 10:38:14 PM »

Could you keep the old version Accordant-class Battlecruiser as another version
it is a very good player ship. I like it's mobility and close range play style. The new version is so slow.
Is it possible make plasma burn ram don't sometimes flameout?For example onslaught(GH) from tahlan workshop can ram with no flameout

I dunno about you, but I got a bit tired of the old Accordant. It was an Odyssey with nearly no "traits" like having to turn or rely on fighters. Just rush forward and kill, or be killed. The Mantis, Stormwalker, and Nesasio are essentially the same playstyle. Plus, now the Federation Legion exists as the signature "dash head-first into danger" boat!

The tariffs for the StarFed-added markets (in Fed_Octavia.java) shouldn't have their tariffs set to 50%. Vanilla default is 30% (which is already arguably too high, hence Nex's modifier for tariffs).

Sorry, I will reduce it to 40% for new campaigns.  :( But how else would they fund their massive military? Besides, the Octavia system has great places to dump your salvage like metals, so taking a penalty to profits is kind of a tradeoff.

The 'wings' on the Rebellion and Mod-Rebellion are in very slightly different places - visible if you rapidly switch between them in the refit screen. It's not a lot, but once you see it you can't unsee it. And now I'm not sure which version is the actually centered one, or if either is centered at all...

Vanilla modules are actually not "precisely" rendered on ship sprites in the refit screen. I am fairly sure they are mirrored in the ship editor! (If not, I will fix!)

Yeah they were all slightly askew, fixed that on my end. :-[

Nice to play with this mod again, nice new sprites and THANK YOU for giving the legion some love.

One problem for me : the changes for the Kestrel.

PS : Love the new missiles ! Always try to add them in my loadouts.

Thanks! Glad the Legion is serving well.

As for the Kestrel, I am sorry. I did at least increase its durability considerably, making it a much better anchor than a utility-heavy fighter. I will consider giving it back the omni shield, but it does have one more PD turret than the last iteration.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 05:39:06 PM by FasterThanSleepyfish »

TheKingChad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2023, 05:55:05 PM »

Spent about 40 hours playing a Federation only fleet and I am....both over and underwhelmed. I really like the ships, and the very distinct theme of them, but they don't...perform. After a lot of testing, I think the issue is the Cruisers and Caps trend slower than the average, tend to have lower dps over time, and seem VERY expensive in deployment costs compared to Standard factions. The smaller ships are very fragile, but fast with good dps. The smaller ships seem fine.

I would suggest either buffing speed for the Cruisers and Caps by 10-15, lowering DP costs 15-20 percent, or both. The DP overcasts is Really the biggest issue I would think, because they tend to both be more expensive and slower than the majority of the groups they fight, they tend to get slammed unless I am personally flying. The Rebellion deserves a special mention, as you CANNOT let the AI fly that thing. It WILL use its AOE ability and then die every time.

I really want to like them, but they just aren't there yet.

wolvenstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2023, 10:26:19 PM »

I thought the Federation Legion is like a alpha version.because compare to Traumtänzer from Tahlan Shipworks.the Federation Legion have good missile angle and almost the same sustained missile amount. Need a big nerf

Just rush forward and kill, or be killed is not the way to play this kind of ship.I usually use the speed and burst dps to overload a flank because it is only 40dp.Maybe remove it is a good idea.because AI usually just rush forward and be killed

Spud_Johnson

• Ensign
  • The guy who became a writer on accident
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2023, 07:34:37 AM »

Centa is also missing from the poster

Steklowata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2023, 11:56:25 PM »

Hi. I am new to Starsector modding. Is it compatible with previous 0.95.1a-RC6 version of the game?

mkx561

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2023, 02:19:13 AM »

can you please a downlod link for this version?
i am using 0.95a1 rc 6 i only started playing recently

MechaRauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2023, 11:09:16 AM »

Ah, hi!

I am highly unsure if I am seeing things wrong, as i am arguably not the grand master of observation, haha- But, but it really seems like to me that, uhhh the fleet ship, the Perseverance if I got it right- It's fleetshield module doesn't seem to vent flux? I tested it in simulations and even in live battles, it just doesn't get rid of any of its flux, only getting rid of it via overload. I am not sure if that is intended or not, since the tooltip for the fleetshield makes note of a flux dissipation statistic, which confuses me regarding this matter. But probably misunderstanding something here, just wanna check for sure!

Oh also, question number two of mine that I've been wondering of, is there a way to propagate upgrades/enhancements to the shield modules themselves?
Do officer skills / hullmods or any other such thing affect them, or are their stats set in stone? Just wondering bout that.

Either way, love this mod a lot! I can't help but drift towards star federation weaponry and ships regardless of what faction I want to stick with, every run.

SausageSnacks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2023, 11:28:33 PM »

Hey all

Just wanted to know where I could find the Stormwalker, Shirvan, Nisos, Basilisk and Mod-Rebellion classes of ships, do I have to get lucky with derelict ships? Or is there a specific way to get them? I can't find them in any Star Federation shops even with a commission, I added the mod from an already existing save, could this be an issue?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2023, 12:23:59 AM »

Hi. I am new to Starsector modding. Is it compatible with previous 0.95.1a-RC6 version of the game?

Apologies, it is not. I unfortunately forgot keep a compatible version with Starsector 0.95.1a RC6.

Ah, hi!

I am highly unsure if I am seeing things wrong, as i am arguably not the grand master of observation, haha- But, but it really seems like to me that, uhhh the fleet ship, the Perseverance if I got it right- It's fleetshield module doesn't seem to vent flux? I tested it in simulations and even in live battles, it just doesn't get rid of any of its flux, only getting rid of it via overload. I am not sure if that is intended or not, since the tooltip for the fleetshield makes note of a flux dissipation statistic, which confuses me regarding this matter. But probably misunderstanding something here, just wanna check for sure!

Oh also, question number two of mine that I've been wondering of, is there a way to propagate upgrades/enhancements to the shield modules themselves?
Do officer skills / hullmods or any other such thing affect them, or are their stats set in stone? Just wondering bout that.

Either way, love this mod a lot! I can't help but drift towards star federation weaponry and ships regardless of what faction I want to stick with, every run.

Hello! Yes, the fleetshield does have dissipation, but it is only soft flux dissipation by default. The only case where that changes is if an officer with shield modulation commands the ship, which gives it the ability to dissipate hard flux. It is supposed to have the always on shield, which gives it 8x the dissipation when it's overloaded.

Thank you for enjoying it!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:52:08 PM by FasterThanSleepyfish »

Moonshine Dusk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2023, 01:34:11 PM »

I have to ask out of pure curiosity, but what weapon loadout would you recommend for the Nessasio? I've been trying to make my faction prioritize phase ships and it's a difficult process for my smooth brain

DnaJur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2023, 12:28:52 PM »

Hit an IllegalArgumentException on FederationDesign.java:407. Looks like shieldRingOpacity is not correctly clamped on line 306. It is instead assigned to shieldInnerOpacity.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 12:36:05 PM by DnaJur »

cake

• Ensign
  • I'm so tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2023, 09:40:59 PM »

It's a little frustrating to have no standard weapons to stick on many of my ships, the faction has a lot more ballistic weapons mounts than I remember, but there still are no star fed ballistics(aside from the scrapshot)
some Go Ballistic! inspired cannons or something would be very nice to round out the arsenal

Nevrodin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2023, 12:50:46 PM »

I've loved this mod for years, great work on it. I was wondering what specifically 'Drone Targeting' hullmod does, given the 'Omnidrone' are the only things with it and you can't view fighter specific mods.

I can't play without the Federation and love the work you've put into them. I have to say they do seem a smidge on the weaker side compared to vanilla but I can't say I know enough about the specifics to state with confidence what it could be. Thank you so much for the time and effort you've put into this mod and I can't wait to see what the future holds for this lost little (not so little) faction.

Whiskey Project

• Ensign
  • Stadhouder of San Batavia Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2023, 07:13:53 AM »

Absolutely awesome mod! Love the FTL aesthetic. Somehow you managed to translate those into Starsector really well.
My wings are made of tungsten-
My flesh of blood and steel-
I am the joy of Terra for the power that I wield.
Once upon a lifetime, I wake up a pioneer-
Now I sing within a spaceship's heart-
Does anybody hear?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21