Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 680951 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Arma Armatura v2.3.4 BETA [12/27/23]
« Reply #1365 on: December 30, 2023, 01:47:28 PM »

Hi Ironclad, thanks for your feedback.
1. Talked to the Blond lady contact that has the highlighted gold text. When I spoke to her and chose option 2 "I appreciate that" or something along those lines, game crash. I was not commissioned, I'd take a look at those speech options.
edit: seems like this crash happens if you try to talk to sera first then go to the bar, will investigate
2. Testing the XIV mech, it has blue arms with energy weapons. XIV should be all ballistic for thematic reasons. And the blue obviously contrasts with the black and orange.
i'm guessing this is the XIV mech that shows up in the showcase mission? It's still incomplete which is why it's probably using the wrong arms.
3. How does one acquire the XIV Watchdog? I need it for certain... [REDACTED] purposes.
it eventually appears as a bounty against hegemony at level 10. coincidentally, it's one of the things i need most feedback on
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 02:01:07 PM by shoi »

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 30, 2023, 05:13:31 PM »

reread the OP, the latest version is not save compatible with older versions

I added it during an already on going playthrough that didn't have any version of Armaa enabled before. So it can't be added mid-save?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 30, 2023, 05:59:54 PM »

thanks for clarification. try redownloading,  your issue should be fixed.
i'm ticking version # up, with consolidated list of fixes:

v2.3.5
------------
- fixed crash that could occur from adding mod to game mid save
- adjusted watchdog small turret arcs to converge
- adjusted aleste small turret arcs to converge
- removed medium hybrid from swordsman aleste variant
- fixed crashed that could occur if player attempts to talk to sera before meeting dawn in bar
- fixed crash that would occur if strikecraft were deployed without carriers
- fixed MRC not being hostile to hegemony like their faction desc suggets
- fixed crash caused by trying to build in cataphract2 hullmod using progressive s-mods
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:09:14 PM by shoi »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 30, 2023, 06:09:04 PM »

it eventually appears as a bounty against hegemony at level 10. coincidentally, it's one of the things i need most feedback on

Just a quick, off-the cuff response :  I assume that these changes happened because the original Watchdog was a bit lopsided in how it was balanced.  Two large mounts on a destroyer is a lot, and it was too slow to really follow the fleet, making its range advantage pointless.  I'm sure there were situations where it was absolutely overpowered, but playing only in that space was kinda boring.

Now the Watchdog is more focused and can better make use of a variety of weapons, opening its play up tremendously.   It is, however, OP starved as it probably should be.  I've been able to fit converted hangar with Sarissas for primary damage and used dual vulcans for PD.  There isn't really enough room for ITU, and it's not very important to how I play.  The alternative is to use CH and defensive targeting array for PD and put some kind of standoff weapon in the shoulder mounts.  This is more standoffish, as opponents will tend to pick off the fighters first before attacking the Watchdog, leaving it open to missiles and fighters.  Using vulcans has better up time when constantly under fire, even if the fighters have better coverage.

The XIV variant opens up this kind of play.  The baretta is general use, and the combination of chest mounts and shoulder turrets means you don't have to use CH for backup.  Frankly, adding more mounts doesn't change much because there isn't enough OP to use them.

So I'd call the current Watchdog analogous to the Manticore but more capable in close range.  The range boost is actually good for striking as an opponent is retreating or as they're approaching.

One problem I've had is a crash using a Watchdog with CH and the Aleste.  It looks like when the Aleste tries to dock, there's some kind of error.  I can't find the log now, but I'm sure it will crash again soon.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Arma Armatura v2.3.5 BETA [12/30/23]
« Reply #1369 on: December 30, 2023, 10:42:35 PM »

By the way, I've been consistently getting this crash.  The situation is I'm piloting a Watchdog with Converted Hangar and there is an Aleste.  Happens with both versions.
Spoiler
2082299 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.retreatToRefit(armaa_strikeCraft.java:679)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.checkRefitStatus(armaa_strikeCraft.java:717)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.advanceInCombat(armaa_strikeCraft.java:877)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Zeta04

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 31, 2023, 01:41:24 AM »

For some reason I can't actually make out, when piloted strikecraft (at least valk, as is in my case) get launched from friendly carriers in real combat, it doesn't get the take-off effect instantly after launch as before. Instead, it would get the take-off effect (direction control locked/shield off) a few seconds after the launch.
EDIT: After a few more tries, it seems to me that activating the system after being launched from the carrier will trigger the take-off effect instead.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 07:45:55 AM by Zeta04 »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 31, 2023, 02:24:52 PM »

- removed medium hybrid from swordsman aleste variant

Unfortunately its still there, although the auto loadout nolonger has it.

By the way, the valkazard start enemy fleet is uh... well it might be a problem with the version of seeker i'm running and the fact i'm starting at level 5 but its:
7 Butterfly Destroyers
5 Hedone Yachts/Frigates
3 Gunhazards
2 Hyperions
1 Aleste (swordsman variant)
1 Afflictor

i'll report back what its like when i turn seeker off and start at lvl1
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:38:15 PM by Killsode »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 31, 2023, 02:51:20 PM »

Just updated my seeker community patch and its working correctly now, consistently giving this shiplist irregardless of level.

3 Gunhazards
2 Hyperions
1 Aleste (swordsman)
1 Afflictor

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 31, 2023, 04:39:34 PM »

Hoouf, thats really quite the fight. I didnt even kill the hyperions, i just damaged them enough to make them retreat. If they had 360 shields i wouldnt have even managed that either.

Nice stuff.

Zeta04

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 31, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »

The overly strong enemy fleet is also happening to me in my ongoing save, for some reason the game keeps throwing fleets that can't be defeated only with the starting fleet- in fact, even after purchasing every strikecraft available in MVC and new Meshan, I struggled to defeat the starting enemy fleet.
Further notice that I started this run on level one, also I did not have the seeker forked in my list, though I sure am running the game with a really heavy modlist so the culprit may well be elsewhere

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 31, 2023, 06:57:02 PM »

The overly strong enemy fleet is also happening to me in my ongoing save, for some reason the game keeps throwing fleets that can't be defeated only with the starting fleet- in fact, even after purchasing every strikecraft available in MVC and new Meshan, I struggled to defeat the starting enemy fleet.
Further notice that I started this run on level one, also I did not have the seeker forked in my list, though I sure am running the game with a really heavy modlist so the culprit may well be elsewhere

I think if one of the mods has an anomalously high spawn weighting it forces more into the fleet. Whats your enemy fleet made of?

Keybindet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 01, 2024, 12:20:45 AM »

Just bait them to fight a station.

Zeta04

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 01, 2024, 12:30:03 AM »

I think if one of the mods has an anomalously high spawn weighting it forces more into the fleet. Whats your enemy fleet made of?

Can't seem to locate a single culprit, got ships from SWP, Tahlan, HTE, Bigbean, Osiris, etc. Seems to be spawned at random, barring the forced hyperion, afflicator, gunhazard and aleste.

DevinC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 01, 2024, 07:16:43 AM »

Huh... not a clue what happened here... I didn't have any strikecraft deployed on my side... enemy was a Legio invasion fleet so I have no idea what strikecraft they had... Error report doesn't really seem to give any hints. Never happened before.

6024593 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft$StrikeCraftDeathMod.modifyDamageTaken(armaa_strikeCraft.java:1061) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:68) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:60) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.super.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.super(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[fs.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_392]

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 01, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »

- fixed forced burn effect occuring after deploying strikecraft from carrier
- removed tag that prevented strikecraft from using CH watchdog for repairs
-added extra null checks

By the way, I've been consistently getting this crash.  The situation is I'm piloting a Watchdog with Converted Hangar and there is an Aleste.  Happens with both versions.
Spoiler
2082299 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.retreatToRefit(armaa_strikeCraft.java:679)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.checkRefitStatus(armaa_strikeCraft.java:717)
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.advanceInCombat(armaa_strikeCraft.java:877)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

that's this bug:
- fixed crash that would occur if strikecraft were deployed without carriers
There was another bug that prevented ships from landing on watchdog specifically at all that I just corrected as well

Huh... not a clue what happened here... I didn't have any strikecraft deployed on my side... enemy was a Legio invasion fleet so I have no idea what strikecraft they had... Error report doesn't really seem to give any hints. Never happened before.

6024593 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
   at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft$StrikeCraftDeathMod.modifyDamageTaken(armaa_strikeCraft.java:1061) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:68) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.listeners.CombatListenerUtil.modifyDamageTaken(CombatListenerUtil.java:60) ~[starfarer.api.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.applyDamage(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.super.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[fs.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_392]

seems like there is a captain without stats or something. i dont know how, so I just add more null checks.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 111